Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 11, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #20,581 of 61,366
I replaced my GT1 Plus ear tips with the large ear tips that came with my QCY QS2. It's a perfect fit now :D The ones that came with the GT1 Plus was a bit on the shorter side for me.

I thought it would be a great idea swapping the tips with the TrueDot since those are a little less finicky, but it turns out that putting those tips on the GT1 Plus reduces the bass slightly and pushes the treble up a little. So ended up just sticking with the stock tips because the sound was just nice for me. :joy:

Thank you for writing this up, my GT1 plus are on the way!
Really nice and surprising to see TWS pull up details like that. BTW my BLON's have finally arrived and the hype is real. These are very musical, controlled but rumbly bass and detailed yet silky smooth. My bar for SQ has been raised.

I washed my QS2(only buds) along with my trackpants in the washing machine yesterday. To my surprise the left earbud still functions after a 40 minute full wash. The right earbud has died and probably its just the battery as the LED flashes faintly while i put

I was pretty surprised by these too. maybe because the sound signature is more to my liking, I really enjoy using these, sometimes more so than some budget IEMs like MH755 (the upper mids peak can be a little shouty at times). haha.

My relationship with the BLON has been a bit up and down. At first i thought they were awesome (honeymoon period), then after a while I thought the bass was a bit much and feels like they're crowding out the lower mids a little. left them alone for a while, then picked them up again and tried different tips. Finally found a wider bore one that works better for me. (though that mid bass is still a little much for my taste, lol.) But for that price, it's definitely a steal.

Thank you for adding how to control the volume on the new version of TrueDot? I don't see the control scheme anywhere.

It doesn't say in the manual for mine, but it's just a single tap on right to increase volume, left to decrease volume.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #20,582 of 61,366
You should try the Tevis with Comply Foam. No feeling of mashing them into your ears, as with silicone tips, and just much more comfortable. Sound is also great.

Agreed. I didn't like the buttons with silicone tips, but with the comply foam pressing the buttons ain't so bad. I listened to the Tevi with the comply's for 3 hours straight last night and enjoyed it a lot.

Mar 11, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #20,583 of 61,366
Hi

I’ve just recieved the Cambridge Audio Melomania1 & was hoping to update them to the latest firmware.
The problem is I own an iPhone XR , so I’ve found an old Samsung s3 & am tying to update them with that (as you can only update via android) but there is absolutely no way on earth I can get the 2 files needed to update to work on the android, they just will not open.

can anyone help?

thanks.
I am a major M1 fan and have never updated the FW. No EQ, well I do bump the treble a wee bit using my Kaiser Audio app/player (highly recommended). To me, with the foam tips, they sound great. No weaknesses. I tried to update the FW using my Amazon Fire, no go. CA should be ashamed, no direct path for iOS users.

Mar 11, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #20,585 of 61,366
Hi all,

Haven't posted much as I've been pretty happy with the Senn IE80s over the last couple of years. But I'm getting a bit fed up with having to replace the cable every 8-12 months. The IE80s are fantastic sound-wise, and I have custom-moulded sleeves which give a wonderful fit and great sound isolation. I was originally looking for a wireless lanyard like the Westone BT cable 78548, but unfortunately the IE80s use a custom connector, and I can't find an equivalent wireless converter that'll fit the Senns (there's some $5 ones on Alibaba, but I've no confidence that they'll have decent SQ, battery life or reliability).

I use the IEMs primarily for music/movies during my commute; it's walking and sitting, so they don't have to be exercise-proof or waterproof - although that would be good for listening sessions while I work in the garden. Battery life is reasonably important; I don't want to have to charge them every day, and if I forget to charge them once they need to last for a second commute (so at least 3hrs+ in total).

So the question is, are we at the point yet where it's feasible to go for fully-wireless IEM buds. There seem to be a lot of devices out there which very nearly cut the mustard, but all so far seem to have caveats. But there's also some interesting kit being released in the next few weeks, and I'm wondering whether anyone has experienced them and can help encourage me to take the plunge. :wink:

Current possibilities/shortlist seems to be:
  • Sony WF-1000X - has a few great (p)reviews, and the noice cancellation appears to be a great extra feature. Haven't seen any reports on battery life, but stated claims of 3hrs + 9 extra from the case seem 'okay'.
  • Bragi The Headphone - seem to be generally well-liked and a good feature-set. No charging case seems problematic though.
  • Bragi Dash Pro - super cool, but super-expensive (and reviews on head-fi indicate that the SQ is not good).
  • Zolo Liberty Plus - very promising, I'm looking forward to hearing what these sound like. I nearly pulled the trigger on a speculative punt via the Kickstarter, but missed the deadline.
  • Bose SoundSport Free - again, seem like they might be good, waiting to see reviews. No UK release date as yet.
  • B&O Beoplay E8 - look like they'll be good, but expensive too.

Anything else I should add to the list and consider? Are there any fully wireless IEMs with custom sleeves yet for a perfect fit?

Yeah I wish I could afford the B&O Beoplay E8

Mar 12, 2020 at 12:15 AM Post #20,586 of 61,366
Hey Peeps,

What are your recommendations for a TWS with very little isolation (like airpods). I have a pair of Mifo 02s. Wondering if there are other models out there you guys have tried?

I can very much recommend the Sabbat X12 .. either Pro if Aptx is not your thing or the Ultra for AptX and added qi charging ... the sound on them is way better than the airpods and they have the same semi in-ear / earbud shape, without the stem.

Mar 12, 2020 at 9:47 AM Post #20,589 of 61,366
Does anyone know of a tip adapter or gel that can make an in-ear bud fit more like a semi (e.g., like AirPods)? I have a pair of Soundcore Life P2 that I use at work for calls (excellent mics and battery life), but my ear canals get fatigued from the in-ear fit. I don't need the greatest sound fidelity as I literally only use them with my desk phone for calls - I just need a more comfortable fit. I have resisted switching to a Jabra or Plantronics call-specific earpiece because most of those don't have a docking option unless you start looking in the $150+ range.

Mar 12, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #20,590 of 61,366
I haven't been on this thread for a while, but has anybody tried the tws50? This review sounds positive.

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/soundmagic-tws50-true-wireless-in-ear-headphones
I asked about these a couple pages back. I might give them a try soundmagic makes good stuff.
Edit available for 69$ I'll wait for a sale. Good reviews online:
SoundMAGIC TWS50 True Wireless Earbuds Bluetooth 5.0 Earphones in-Ear Hi-Fi Stereo Headphones IPX7 Waterproof Touch Control Headset with Portable Charging Case https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081YG65WS/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_nnLAEbK3YS7NF
These Cambridge look good, but price is too high might bite at a lower price:
Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 Earbuds Pair, True Wireless Bluetooth 5.0, Hi-Fi Sound, in-Ear Stereo Earphones with Portable Charging Case (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R186Y9Y/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_8vLAEb8CGPWBN

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #20,592 of 61,366
^I loved his rant on zeos that was so damn funny

Mar 12, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #20,594 of 61,366
Just got the Buds+ today. For the most part I enjoyed their detailed sound, but they sometimes have a "puffy" distortion with certain sounds especially when it's quiet. It also amplifies preexisting distortio in tracks such that they sound more artificial. For whatever reason, My Leaving by Kenichiro Nishihara sounds poor, the snare just splashes and rattles...

SBC performance with my Windows 10 laptop is rather disappointing as well - I hear a rattling distortion I don't hear with SBC on my Note 9.

I quickly switched it to tap edge for volume control so I can have both ambient sound and volume control regardless of what device I'm using.

Mar 12, 2020 at 4:07 PM Post #20,595 of 61,366
Its just sad because The Ankers are good and now this dude has just swayed x amount of people because he said so. My ankers sound nothing like his version and wouldnt the original and anker version sound the same on the anker? They dont.

It's almost like his fans are doing the reverse of paid reviewers. They were looking for a reason to hate them instead of researching more but i guess thats what separates the devote to those looking for shortcuts.

No i am not butt-hurt. I just found the comments odd and his review.

I do agree they may be a little sharp (perhaps) and can be bassier but its not bloated like his anker version. Maybe i have a superb pair.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back