Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 11, 2020 at 6:04 AM Post #19,816 of 62,109

Somehow this flew under my radar, thanks for the impressions! It appears the SQ of the BQC35 would fit my bill a bit better. On the other hand I do like good passive isolation and the X8 do remind me a bit of my old old Jabra Sport Elite, my first ever TWS pair ... which I would probably by again if I saw a mega deal, just for nostalgia's sake.

i think I'm on TWS pause right now, as the current lineup are sufficient and working great for their designated scenarios, also because currently no other TWS caught my interest
Me too it appears, but more because corona virus seems to be shutting down AliExpress and that's my only source ... have not seen any new interesting TWS popping up in a while ... But I also think I have enough (do I ever)

Speaking of ANC needs, seen THIS one? they claim they have 'Adaptive Noise Cancelling (Pure ANC)' .. not sure if they understand the meaning of 'pure' ... but at this price I doubt this is real ANC

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #19,817 of 62,109
How interesting - my earbud case looks like yours, but the sticker on the back of the box is totally different. My barcode is X002F2T413, and the text says "mifo 07 wireless earbuds NEW" --- I wonder if it is this NEW model that is the problem unit ?

ah-ha! Well at least that does seem to indicate that they are different. I wonder what Mifo would say if you asked them about it since that’s who you bought it from...???

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #19,818 of 62,109
hi everyone!
are mifo o5 pros still one of the more balanced pairs of TWS in their price range(i know they kinda were last summer)?

I currently own a pair of wired IEMs,the tin hifi t3, and i love their sound and want to find some wireless buds with a similar sound signature in the sub 100$ budget.

I know that I won't find any pair with a fantastic SQ in this budget, but is there anything that has a similar tuning and sound to those IEMs?

Feb 11, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #19,819 of 62,109
Feb 11, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #19,820 of 62,109
This might cause a return soon, but with my Cleer Ally Plus, I'm hearing distortion in the left bud of a few music tracks. Could be that the tracks are old rips from CDs years ago. This does not happen on newer recordings/downloads.

Feb 11, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #19,821 of 62,109
This might cause a return soon, but with my Cleer Ally Plus, I'm hearing distortion in the left bud of a few music tracks. Could be that the tracks are old rips from CDs years ago. This does not happen on newer recordings/downloads.
Are you EQing? I wonder if it's just clipping.

Feb 11, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #19,822 of 62,109
Are you EQing? I wonder if it's just clipping.
I'm on an iPhone 11. No EQ. Apple Music. It's a strange static distortion when there's a certain type of drum hit. Annoying, but seems to only happen on older tracks that I ripped years ago. Hasn't happened today yet on what I'm listening to.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #19,823 of 62,109
I'm on an iPhone 11. No EQ. Apple Music. It's a strange static distortion when there's a certain type of drum hit. Annoying, but seems to only happen on older tracks that I ripped years ago. Hasn't happened today yet on what I'm listening to.
Yeah, don't rip at 64 kbps / 32 kHz. :stuck_out_tongue:

Feb 11, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #19,824 of 62,109
Feb 11, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #19,825 of 62,109
hi everyone!
are mifo o5 pros still one of the more balanced pairs of TWS in their price range(i know they kinda were last summer)?

I currently own a pair of wired IEMs,the tin hifi t3, and i love their sound and want to find some wireless buds with a similar sound signature in the sub 100$ budget.

I know that I won't find any pair with a fantastic SQ in this budget, but is there anything that has a similar tuning and sound to those IEMs?

I'm not sure about the T3, but had the Tin T2 and Mifo O5 Pro a while back and they don't really sound similar to me other than both being bass light. Mifo O5 Pro IIRC doesn't really have nearly as much treble extension as the T2. I wasn't a huge fan of how it since it sounded rather boring to me. It's a very non-fatiguing sound though which is good for extended use. Gave my sister the choice of the Mpow M5/T5 or the Mifo O5 Pro, and she preferred the O5 Pro after trying both. She uses them for extended periods of time at work and find the less Mpow fatiguing to listen to, & battery life is a plus point too.

Maybe the lypertek Tevi could be an option? Good clarity and treble, not bass heavy as well. Haven't really tried as many option as other folks here. so maybe others can chip in too.

Feb 11, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #19,826 of 62,109
Feb 11, 2020 at 5:27 PM Post #19,827 of 62,109
Of course! I was just referring to latency as @Singleton said AptX made TWS 99% lag free. But yeah there's lots of units with AptX and terrible sound due to poorly tuned drivers!
That is so true I've tried a few with poorly tuned drivers but so far SoundPEATS never disappointed me in the past and hopefully in the future as well since so far their TWS driver implementation and tuning is spot on and the sound quality is amazing for the price they charge for TWS along with the quality of materials used to make the TWS and their respective charging case and accessories.

Feb 11, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #19,828 of 62,109
ah-ha! Well at least that does seem to indicate that they are different. I wonder what Mifo would say if you asked them about it since that’s who you bought it from...???

I know Mifo O5s has fakes in China. since they were wildly popular over there. not sure about MifoO7s they are implementing some unique bar code system to combat the counterfeit issue. could be a implementation of that barcode system?

Feb 11, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #19,830 of 62,109
I'm really digging the Cleer Ally Plus as well! The ANC and ambient modes are way more effective than they are on my MW07 Plus. The soundstage is wide and the bass is very punchy. They even have AAC. The only downside I can see is the lack of track skipping, but in the rare instances where I really need it, I have just been using Google Assistant as a workaround.

Another win is that these support Qualcomm TrueWireless Stereo Plus and my OnePlus 7T is connecting to each bud independently. Connectivity seems pretty solid while walking through the city.

I am using the Cleers with Symbio Peel tips and the passive isolation, fit, and comfort are great. I'll try a run one of these days to see if they stay in - though the fit seems pretty stable thus far.

I think these were worth the wait (as opposed to the 1More TWS ANC, which I returned).

I've got the MW07 Go and I like them, but I'd like ANC. I decided against the MW07 Plus because the ANC is barely there. Given that I like the signature of the MW07s, do the Cleers sound similar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back