Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 8, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #19,741 of 62,010
Mifo O7s - exactly the same issue as before on precisely the same songs and more - any sort of deep bass, regardless of volume, introduces metallic clipping and rattling - since bass by it's nature tends to be cyclic, this makes anything with any depth very hard to listen to.

Interesting that I have come across this complaint a few time on YouTube and forums. I'm not getting this issue with my Mifo 07. Bass is actually very nice and no clipping.

I have noticed the touch menu is different with mine to others as well. I can double double tap L/R headset respectively for back/fwd song, but have no single tap volume control at all. This seems different to some YouTube reviews I have seen.
I wonder if there are different versions of 07 out there?

Better still a f/w upgrade path would be great. I wouldn't mind getting volume control

Feb 8, 2020 at 10:50 PM Post #19,742 of 62,010
Interesting that I have come across this complaint a few time on YouTube and forums. I'm not getting this issue with my Mifo 07. Bass is actually very nice and no clipping.

I have noticed the touch menu is different with mine to others as well. I can double double tap L/R headset respectively for back/fwd song, but have no single tap volume control at all. This seems different to some YouTube reviews I have seen.
I wonder if there are different versions of 07 out there?

Better still a f/w upgrade path would be great. I wouldn't mind getting volume control

Very strange! I don't know that I am up for trying to replace for another pair but I guess I could try ? I did try upgrading firmware also. No difference. It's a shame as when it's not clipping it sounds not too bad to be honest.

I think I'm going to send back the track air +s also - the anc is required as it is so hard to get a solid fit that blocks sound passively and the mavin and nuarls just sound better, and have just as good isolation passively. They lack passthrough that's the only thing I miss.
I mean, the track air +s sound ok, bit just not anything special. They are very light, bit so angular they are less comfy than you might expect.

Feb 8, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #19,743 of 62,010
So the thread title asks if we're there yet.... I'm not sure.

I think I'll be retiring my Galaxy Buds in favor of a Blon BL03 and an ES100. These $36 IEM's with the ES100 definitely sound much better to me than the Galaxy Buds.

Feb 8, 2020 at 11:01 PM Post #19,744 of 62,010

I think I'll be retiring my Galaxy Buds in favor of a Blon BL03 and an ES100. These $36 IEM's with the ES100 definitely sound much better to me than the Galaxy Buds.
if you like the Blon then you should definitely try Fiil T1X. It has similar characteristic to BL03 with more clarity imho.

Feb 8, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #19,745 of 62,010
if you like the Blon then you should definitely try Fiil T1X. It has similar characteristic to BL03 with more clarity imho.

I'm not sure how much clarity they can really have if they don't even support aptx.

Feb 8, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #19,746 of 62,010

You may also want to consider the FiiO BTR5. The FiiO App still needs some work, but there is a promising Beta out, so if you don't need all the additional features of the Radsone App, the FiiO BTR5 has overall better hardware (and USB C)

Feb 8, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #19,747 of 62,010
I'm not sure how much clarity they can really have if they don't even support aptx.
Fiil T1X is pretty weird as they use AAC as a default codec even on android.

Feb 8, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #19,748 of 62,010
Here's a follow up to my last post with some bargain hunting:

First up, these: https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Headphones-Sweatproof-Cancelling-Black/dp/B07NVDRLWL
51ULjZSb16L._SL1000_.jpg
are currently going for $19.99 on Amazon but they were $29.99 when I purchased them.This particular version is by Wensunnie and what drew me to these was they tout a hybrid BA/DD dual-driver arrangement (I do see identical looking TWS for over double the price but they don't tout the BA/DD). These are very light weight and can get quite loud, I normally listen about step 4-5 using the standard 15 step volume level on Android - with these I'm at level 1 and wish they could go lower (possible on Android by enabling the "Disable absolute volume" - but not possible on iOS). They feature very strong mid's - great for certain genre's but might not be to everyone's tastes. The bass is also quite strong and combined with the mid's and slightly tapered treble creates a muddy sounding profile. They do actually sound pretty decent with vocal's, strings, etc. but then they'd kinda be like a one-trick pony. I ran into some slight connectivity issues around downtown NYC and the right driver also had some distortion at louder volumes. So at the original price, I'd say absolutely not but at current price, might be worth a try for those who love strong bass/mid's and need a really loud TWS.

JeKaVis E01-B (https://www.amazon.com/JeKaVis-Bluetooth-Cancelling-Waterproof-Headphones/dp/B07VYYWD7X)
51Mmo5b65hL._SL1000_.jpg
They're currently going for $23.99 and while I don't recall the original selling price (think it was above $35) I got them for $14.99 shortly before X-mas. At the price I purchased them for, they are fantastic - QCC3020, aptX, super comfy (for me) even if slightly bulbous, tiny case w/USB-C and decent runtime at about 4hrs (using JLab burn-in test on repeat with vol. at step 7 on Android), though it's an hour less than mfr claim. Its only major flaw was just an insanely overwhelming bass... For the price paid, I was sorely tempted to keep them and while I do enjoy a slight bump in bass, it's just too much to use them as daily drivers. If only they had less bass, these would be strong contenders at current asking price. I noticed that there are few brands using this same model but being sold under their own name so I was hoping that perhaps this particular brand just chose to tune the bass too high, as such, I also got the next set in the hopes that the bass tuning would be lower...

Enter Panfrey W1 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TWPS4X1)
51qpYWBnw-L._SL1000_.jpg
So these show up as Panfrey W1 (and then R or L since they can both connect independently) while the previous set were just generic W1 confirming my suspicion about the same OEM producing these for a few companies. These are identical in every regard and had the same overwhelming bass. The only difference is that these last 5hrs using my same runtime testing procedure but still falls short of mfr claims (6-8 hours). They're currently going for $29.99 but I think they were originally $37.99 but had a $5 off coupon at the time I got them.

Feb 8, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #19,749 of 62,010
You may also want to consider the FiiO BTR5. The FiiO App still needs some work, but there is a promising Beta out, so if you don't need all the additional features of the Radsone App, the FiiO BTR5 has overall better hardware (and USB C)

I already have the ES100. I may try the Qudelix if it ever exists as well.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #19,750 of 62,010
Agreed but it will never happen if they do not have firmware updates. Maybe in the next gen! They do sound damn good though.

Yo, sorry to keep bothering you about this. But these just came back on amazon and thinking about getting them. Just wondering what your overall thoughts are at this point. How’s the sound, controls, battery, calls, etc.Thanks a ton if you can!

Feb 8, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #19,751 of 62,010
Fiil T1X is pretty weird as they use AAC as a default codec even on android.

The Galaxy Buds use AAC on non Samsung Android phones as well.

Feb 8, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #19,752 of 62,010
i responded to people who wrote "just as the artist /audio engineers intended" so often in this forum that I started to get tired and just leave them be.
I am also kinda laughing and head shaking at that statement ... a whole generation is growing up on those mono BT speakers that sound more or less terrible, but are considered good as long as they have lots of bass! These kids are now discovering TWS ... and what we used to call 'stereo' is now known as 3D sound :D

Feb 9, 2020 at 12:40 AM Post #19,754 of 62,010
What is a possible quick fix for bad connections? Went on a bicycle ride with an Android phone in my shorts pocket sending BT to my TWS. Connection would drop for a second every couple of minutes, which is weird give the close proximity. What is the first thing you do or check?

Feb 9, 2020 at 12:41 AM Post #19,755 of 62,010
What is a possible quick fix for bad connections? Went on a bicycle ride with an Android phone in my shorts pocket sending BT to my TWS. Connection would drop for a second every couple of minutes, which is weird give the close proximity. What is the first thing you do or check?

I would factory reset the iem and check it on another phone first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back