Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 22, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #18,991 of 62,028
Are people experiencing driver flex on mainly the L earbud? I have the FIIL T1 (Micro USB version) and there is minor driver flex if I try to cause it (both sides), but under normal use circumstances, there's no driver flex.

The problem with Chi-Fi, is sketchy QC and altering of parts.
I think it depends also on ears anatomy. My left one needs always a different tip

Jan 22, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #18,992 of 62,028
I noticed that Dyplay makes another ANC TWS. I wonder if it's any good. So the BQC35 doesn't have an ambient or transparency mode, is that correct?

there are several other products on AE that i suspect the same/similar with that Dyplay Shield

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000559667873.html

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000600012796.html

i messaged Dyplay to ask the difference between the BQC35 and the Shield, but they haven't respond yet (probably because of the CNY holiday).
But from reading the specs, they both have the same chipset and control scheme. Sound and fit might be different, because of form factor.

there's also this product from monster, but there seems to be no buyer yet
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000533222617.html

Hi everyone,

First time poster here - I'm looking for a pair of wireless buds but I'm a little stuck. Does anyone have any recommendations for something with an open soundstage (rather than the compressed feel of the SoundPeats Truengine SE), and a more balanced level rather than bass boosted?

These are what I'm currently considering but I'm open to new suggestions:

SSK BT03
TRANYA B530
Liberty 2 Pro
Tevi
Fiil T1X
Mpow M5/T5
Bomaker Sifi

Thank you!

When you mean open soundstage, do you mean wide but like closed back headphone, or airy like open back headphone? because those are different..open back can sound intimate and airy, while closed back can sound wide and distant, but not airy.

For closed back type, i like the BQC35 (balanced with boosted subbass), Galaxy buds and Sony XM3,
while for open back type, i like the Nillkin Go and Sabbat X12

Jan 22, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #18,993 of 62,028
Are people experiencing driver flex on mainly the L earbud? I have the FIIL T1 (Micro USB version) and there is minor driver flex if I try to cause it (both sides), but under normal use circumstances, there's no driver flex.

The problem with Chi-Fi, is sketchy QC and altering of parts.
Is this driver flex audible when music is playing? Mine makes a squeaky kind of sound when I adjust them in my ears, with or without music playing. I tried with different tips from other IEMs and the sound is still there.

Jan 22, 2020 at 7:29 PM Post #18,994 of 62,028
Is this driver flex audible when music is playing? Mine makes a squeaky kind of sound when I adjust them in my ears, with or without music playing. I tried with different tips from other IEMs and the sound is still there.
Use foam and it will completely eliminate it.

Jan 22, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #18,995 of 62,028
And there's a new review of the Dyplay BCQ35 on youtube

Jan 22, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #18,996 of 62,028
I think is related to poor construction or poor materials. Another thing i don't love of Fiil are controls, absolutely weird

For what it's worth, I looked up Driver Flex and found this thread on the site: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/driver-flex.817502/

I'm going to have to pay closer attention to the noise I was hearing with moving my mouth, etc, as that's when I heard what I thought was silicon tips adjusting. That said, I don't think my experience was flex related...so that's good...

Jan 22, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #18,997 of 62,028
Use foam and it will completely eliminate it.
I don't like foam, btw I found a pair of silicon eartips from tennmak iem that mitigate a little the problem when I move my mouth but not when I need to change volume

Jan 22, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #18,998 of 62,028
whoa that’s the first I’ve heard someone say that! I could wrap a piece a bacon around them for a tip and they would still sound better than most!!
I Love bacon!

Jan 22, 2020 at 8:33 PM Post #18,999 of 62,028
Sounds like you need the Echo Buds in a hurry as the ANR+Passive combo produces the most isolating setup I've ever used (way better than the APPs and also better than the XM3s is memory serves, remember it's not as "impressive" when turned on because the passive isolation is 5x better) and their ambient mode is very close to the APPs (and they have the neat option of tap for ambient+music pause), as for SQ it's absolutely fine to my ears, very nice sub bass. I'm still amazed that so few people here have tried them given their "addiction" :wink: Yeah the box is rather large and is microUSB but frankly that's never been a problem for me.

I agree with @webvan -- I've been using the Echo Buds as my daily driver for a few weeks (which, of course, is an eternity in TWS time). I actually gave my XM3's to a friend, because they never really worked for me -- and my APPs suffered from the failure to pass the fit test problem after a week or two of use. (I've exchanged the APPs twice and that problem continues to manifest.)

I find the Echo Buds really convenient for commuting. The ANC (or ANR) is effective, and the sound is more than adequate. (If I want great sound, I listen to my L2Ps -- but the L2Ps don't isolate well enough for the subway.

I've also found the (outgoing) call quality of the Echo Buds to be very good, notwithstanding what Rtings.com had to say.

For commuting or air travel, ANC is a killer feature, and now that there are several options I can't imagine buying another pair of earphones for that purpose without ANC.

Finally, I hear there's a new firmware update rolling out for the Echo Buds that apparently tempers the bass a bit (though it's never bothered me) and adds volume control. Looking forward to it.

Jan 22, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #19,000 of 62,028
Hey guys, hoping for some advice from the experts :) I’m trying to find the BEST true wireless buds for sound regardless of price. Looking for AAC and Aptx (ideally LDAC but that’s unlikely). Hoping for sound that compares to my JH Audio Lola’s

Active noise cancelling would be a plus but secondary to sound quality for Female vocals, guitar, classical and opera...

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #19,001 of 62,028
Do you or anyone else have a tip recommendation for the T1x?

Symbios are nice, but NewBee silicon removes most of the driver flex and gives good seal for bass.

Jan 22, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #19,002 of 62,028
Anyone got the Jabra 75t and can compare to the Active 65t?
I have both and I consider the 75t to be more refined in nearly all respects, most notably in smaller size and fit. Most recent firmware update has also improved the SQ.

Jan 22, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #19,003 of 62,028
I like the Auvios from Radio Shack with mine!

Good “tip”!

RadioShack has a set of S/M/L on sale for $1.49 and $5 shipping.

So bought two sets of three for ~$8... just because...

Jan 22, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #19,004 of 62,028
Absolutely - But the Sabbbat ones fall closer to the ones on the left imo!
Glad we agree! If you scroll back and read my first response to you: that was exactly my point! Years ago, after I went crazy for IEMs, I discovered earbuds and their massive soundstage. So, naturally I bought way too many of those :wink:
But the style is not to everyone’s liking. Took me quite a while (and lots of gentle pushing by @webvan ) until I’d found the right fit and felt comfortable running with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back