Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 20, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #18,841 of 62,013
So far I still haven't found a TWS without any floor noise. Back in the day there were some IEMs I enjoyed the sound but were very sensitive to hiss using a typical source (laptop or phone), like the ATH-IM70, so for me it was usually something I lived with. However, I do find most TWS I've tried have less hiss than these two examples. The Jabees Firefly Pro is probably the cleanest (though it's ambient hearthrough is another story), while Tronsmart Onyx Neo is probably the worst example I've tried (but still not dealbreaking as much as the channel imbalance).

The 65t was one product where imbalance + hiss was so apparent to many users on forums but no major reviewers reported it. The left bud hiss was only noticeable above a certain volume but for me the buds were way too low in volume before that.

PS Tranya on Amazon.ca confirmed to me B530 Pro is only microUSB, so any listings or reports otherwise are errors. Considering it's based off an older design I'm not really surprised but it would have been nice if they had corrected the listing before the lightning sale this morning.

When Klipsch first revealed their budget S1 they listed USB-C by mistake on their site, but later confirmed it was only microUSB. On the other hand their T3 seems to come with USB Type-C despite previous reports saying otherwise.

Åtta Göra Liberté now listed on Amazon.ca:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0...65b129fdd73&pf_rd_r=D70F3T46W3YYE3SQY1WD&th=1

Is anyone gonna try Song X? Really dig the aesthetics but no AptX or volume control keeps me hanging.

The Noise XO is another promising option with a similar design but so far only available in India. It has USB-C, Qi charging, AptX and volume controls.
https://www.amazon.in/Noise-Wireless-Headphones-Charging-Metallic/dp/B083SNSLZW

Has anyone here received their MPOW M8 or M7 yet? I recall at least one person here was awaiting the M7.

The only TWS i have that has noticable background noise is the QCY T1C, and that's not a hiss sound, but rather like a bleeping/electronic signal sound that's really faint.

Not counting my BT20S combo when paired to sensitive IEMs though... now that is straight and traditional sounding white noise hiss

Jan 20, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #18,842 of 62,013
Here's a list of latency results from various iems. Surprisingly, Momentum TW has the lowest latency.

Isn't this just a codec selection test, apart from Apple shaving 70+ms off AAC (assuming they selected AAC in the test)? The MTW have selected AptX LL so look good but if they selected AAC wouldn't they'd be in the 250ms group? And similarly with SBC (Jaybird) for all of them? Assuming we ignore a say 50ms variation for various reasons between different implementations...

Jan 20, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #18,843 of 62,013
Isn't this just a codec selection test, apart from Apple shaving 70+ms off AAC (assuming they selected AAC in the test)? The MTW have selected AptX LL so look good but if they selected AAC wouldn't they'd be in the 250ms group? And similarly with SBC (Jaybird) for all of them? Assuming we ignore a say 50ms variation for various reasons between different implementations...
I have no idea what codec they selected. I should look into and see if they provide further details on their methodology. But, it makes sense they'd use the quickest codec with MTW being so fast.

Jan 20, 2020 at 9:16 AM Post #18,845 of 62,013
After escalating my case twice with several emails and phone calls, Anker issued a refund. I’m glad they did the right thing after I made a mistake of shipping to the wrong location.
Good for you, now buy another tws

Jan 20, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #18,847 of 62,013
Anyone use different tips on their T1x's? I've been using the stock medium tips, but my ears aren't big enough for the wings.

I'm considering buying Spinfits; how do they sound when using the Bass or Metal EQ's? Will they be extra floppy with that flexible throat, since I can't really "lock" the buds in place with the wings?

Jan 20, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #18,848 of 62,013
Anyone use different tips on their T1x's? I've been using the stock medium tips, but my ears aren't big enough for the wings.

I'm considering buying Spinfits; how do they sound when using the Bass or Metal EQ's? Will they be extra floppy with that flexible throat, since I can't really "lock" the buds in place with the wings?

You don't have to use the wings tbh. I don't use mine and it fits just fine for me even when doing activities.

Jan 20, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #18,850 of 62,013
Got myself a Tantio W1 Pro which retails for ~$20 and goes to as low as $17 during sales. It has aptx and qcc 3020 chip. Don't know if anyone has had a chance to try it but it looks a lot similar to wavefun aptx buds. Now, I had QCY QS2 as my earlier TWS buds and for the same price they were superb. But these W1 Pro's blow them out of the water in every way possible. These tws have a deep rumbling bass, crisp and clear mids, and rolled off highs. It's more or less a U-shape tuning to my ears. I listen to them at approximately 50-55% volume and they are as loud as my TRN BT20S setup at similar volumes.

Moreover, they matchup to my TRN BT20S+Tennmak Pro setup in terms of SQ. Noise isolation is average but expecting much will be being super greedy. And, the best part of these iems is that the case is very friendly to tip rolling. It even accepts large sized wide bore tips like Tennmak whirlwinds. Currently, I'm using them with some double flange tips from AliExpress. In the sub $30 realm, I think they're very good for casual listening. Didn't find any impressions on these in the thread via casual search so posting it for all members. YMMV and Happy listening.

P.S. - I'm in no way associated to Tantio or anyone. I bought them during December sale from my own pocket.

Link for everyone's reference - https://m.aliexpress.com/item/33056271095.html

Jan 20, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #18,851 of 62,013
I would like to try them but I can only order them on AliExpress from Canada, they cost near 100$ CAD (75$ USD) and I'm not sure about the returns on AE, if I have connection issues again.
There's also Geekbuying where they're currently 65$. They claim they are QCC3020 which seems to be an error. Not sure what's the shipping difference between using Hong Kong and China. My Tronsmart Onyx Neo on Aliexpress was shipped via Geekbuying and it took 3 weeks.

Jan 20, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #18,852 of 62,013
There's also Geekbuying where they're currently 65$. They claim they are QCC3020 which seems to be an error. Not sure what's the shipping difference between using Hong Kong and China. My Tronsmart Onyx Neo on Aliexpress was shipped via Geekbuying and it took 3 weeks.

You can grab a coupon of 7$ for geekbuying. Just bought from Italian warehouse 57€

https://promotion.geekbuying.com/promotion/top_coupons

Jan 20, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #18,853 of 62,013
Got myself a Tantio W1 Pro which retails for ~$20 and goes to as low as $17 during sales. It has aptx and qcc 3020 chip. Don't know if anyone has had a chance to try it but it looks a lot similar to wavefun aptx buds. Now, I had QCY QS2 as my earlier TWS buds and for the same price they were superb. But these W1 Pro's blow them out of the water in every way possible. These tws have a deep rumbling bass, crisp and clear mids, and rolled off highs. It's more or less a U-shape tuning to my ears. I listen to them at approximately 50-55% volume and they are as loud as my TRN BT20S setup at similar volumes.

Moreover, they matchup to my TRN BT20S+Tennmak Pro setup in terms of SQ. Noise isolation is average but expecting much will be being super greedy. And, the best part of these iems is that the case is very friendly to tip rolling. It even accepts large sized wide bore tips like Tennmak whirlwinds. Currently, I'm using them with some double flange tips from AliExpress. In the sub $30 realm, I think they're very good for casual listening. Didn't find any impressions on these in the thread via casual search so posting it for all members. YMMV and Happy listening.

P.S. - I'm in no way associated to Tantio or anyone. I bought them during December sale from my own pocket.

Link for everyone's reference - https://m.aliexpress.com/item/33056271095.html
Heh, I bought the same for 13 euros/ 15 dollars on Ali, and at one time, there even was another generic branded version costing only 11 dollars. They sound fine if you like a big fat bass, mostly. They're pretty great for a generic brand.

Kinera YH623 review TWS under 100.jpg

Meanwhile, I think this may interest some of you. I just published my review on the Kinera YH623 - Kinera's first wireless earbuds - and hey, look at the shape of that case and earbuds. :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #18,854 of 62,013
Has anyone had a chance to try the Cleer Ally Plus yet? I've been looking for reviews, but I've come up empty-handed so far.
I've thought about those, but they have very minimal controls, which I think is limited to pause/play and answer/end calls! That's just terrible. I'm not sure who thought that's a great idea, but "cleerly" (pun intended) it's not a limitation of TWS technology (I think they use a Qualcomm SoC).

Jan 20, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #18,855 of 62,013
I would like to try them but I can only order them on AliExpress from Canada, they cost near 100$ CAD (75$ USD) and I'm not sure about the returns on AE, if I have connection issues again.
Honestly, returns are a pain. I never buy anything on AE unless I know I'm not going to return. I purchased some "super soft memory foam" earpads for $7 that turned out to be super hard not memory foam earpads. Meh, chalk it up to a calculated loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back