Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 19, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #18,826 of 61,927
Jan 19, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #18,828 of 61,927

Hmm... Reminds me of the Jabra 65t never being addressed properly.

Jan 19, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #18,829 of 61,927
Here's a list of latency results from various iems. Surprisingly, Momentum TW has the lowest latency.

d075dfaf720a22d218d9571dda4631a9.jpg

Jan 19, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #18,830 of 61,927
Here's a list of latency results from various iems. Surprisingly, Momentum TW has the lowest latency.

Not too surprised. It does have Aptx LL. Not sure if any other true wireless has that.

Jan 19, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #18,831 of 61,927
Amazon lightning deal on the Fiil T1X for $34...any good?
The FiiL t1x is the best earphone I have tried to date. I have the sennhesier, Sony’s , Bomakers, master And dynamics, Ankey, soundcore, Sabbats, E8, and creative outliers. If out of this world sound and comfort is what is needed with good battery life..there is no other choice better.

Jan 19, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #18,832 of 61,927

Hmm... Reminds me of the Jabra 65t never being addressed properly.

might be because to most folks they can't even notice those problems. i have encountered people, even in audio forum meets, that can't even detect channel imbalance. i wouldn't be surprised that many can't hear hiss in their headphones.. or maybe they do, but think that's normal

Jan 19, 2020 at 10:29 PM Post #18,833 of 61,927
might be because to most folks they can't even notice those problems. i have encountered people, even in audio forum meets, that can't even detect channel imbalance. i wouldn't be surprised that many can't hear hiss in their headphones.. or maybe they do, but think that's normal
If someone still have a good hearing meaning that he/she can hear those 17khz+ frequency, the hiss probably will sound very annoying and piercing. For me, I can barely hear above 15khz, if I hear hiss on my iem, it probably won't be as annoying lol.

Jan 19, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #18,834 of 61,927
The FiiL t1x is the best earphone I have tried to date.

Ok, I’ll give them a try. Getting this and the mifo 07 this week. Let the battle begin!

Jan 19, 2020 at 10:49 PM Post #18,835 of 61,927
The FiiL t1x is the best earphone I have tried to date. I have the sennhesier, Sony’s , Bomakers, master And dynamics, Ankey, soundcore, Sabbats, E8, and creative outliers. If out of this world sound and comfort is what is needed with good battery life..there is no other choice better.

Don't disagree, but I think the appeal of the t1x's is the amazing value. The fiils are not replacing my sony's, mpow m5, jabra 65t anytime soon.

Jan 19, 2020 at 10:58 PM Post #18,836 of 61,927
Ok, I’ll give them a try. Getting this and the mifo 07 this week. Let the battle begin!
They have different sound signature, the t1x is more fun sounding tws while the 07 is more toward neutral. Both sounds really good.

Jan 19, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #18,837 of 61,927
Re: the LG Tone Free, looks like a Chi-Fi unit beat it to the punch re: UV cleaning. This product was first listed on Amazon 7/25/19: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VNLJV9M
What's interesting about this one though is that the blow-out diagram states that it utilizes a "tensilica hifi ep processor".

Invoking my google-fu led me to this pdf: https://ip.cadence.com/news/312/330...ome-Entertainment-and-Smartphone-Applications

A little more digging and I found this TWS that also boasts use of Tensilica hifi EP:
https://www.amazon.com/S1-Bluetooth-Headphones-Transmitter-Waterproof/dp/B07W81K941
This TWS looks identical to the Destek T1 that I recently purchased which features the QCC3020 (strangely all listing have been pulled from Amazon, but here's the mfr's product page: https://www.destekgear.com/destek-t...-playtime-with-1000mah-wireless-charging-case).

Plot twist though... this TWS also mentions tensilica but yet states that it uses Airoha's AB1532 chip (which is supposed to have its own built-in DSP):
https://www.rubilis.com/products/sa...eadphones-with-3300mah-charging-box-powerbank

Cadence has been around for a while and I'm wondering if they are starting to cater to the TWS world with their tensilica DSP offering. If so, guess we'll start seeing additional options aside from the typical Qualcomm, Airoha or Realtek chipsets that's prevalent in Chi-Fi units but not sure what benefits or key features they bring to the table. Anyone familiar with Cadence want to weigh in on this?

Jan 19, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #18,838 of 61,927
If someone still have a good hearing meaning that he/she can hear those 17khz+ frequency, the hiss probably will sound very annoying and piercing. For me, I can barely hear above 15khz, if I hear hiss on my iem, it probably won't be as annoying lol.

i think it's more because they simply don't notice it, not because they lack the hearing. usually if i point it out to them, then they'll notice it. i also topped off at around 15khz, but because i spend my younger years doing recording/mixing in a small studio (which involves a lot of cleaning up crackling and noises from the tracks), I'm a bit sensitive to that kind of noise and irregularities :o2smile:

Jan 20, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #18,839 of 61,927
So far I still haven't found a TWS without any floor noise. Back in the day there were some IEMs I enjoyed the sound but were very sensitive to hiss using a typical source (laptop or phone), like the ATH-IM70, so for me it was usually something I lived with. However, I do find most TWS I've tried have less hiss than these two examples. The Jabees Firefly Pro is probably the cleanest (though it's ambient hearthrough is another story), while Tronsmart Onyx Neo is probably the worst example I've tried (but still not dealbreaking as much as the channel imbalance).

The 65t was one product where imbalance + hiss was so apparent to many users on forums but no major reviewers reported it. The left bud hiss was only noticeable above a certain volume but for me the buds were way too low in volume before that.

PS Tranya on Amazon.ca confirmed to me B530 Pro is only microUSB, so any listings or reports otherwise are errors. Considering it's based off an older design I'm not really surprised but it would have been nice if they had corrected the listing before the lightning sale this morning.

When Klipsch first revealed their budget S1 they listed USB-C by mistake on their site, but later confirmed it was only microUSB. On the other hand their T3 seems to come with USB Type-C despite previous reports saying otherwise.

Åtta Göra Liberté now listed on Amazon.ca:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0...65b129fdd73&pf_rd_r=D70F3T46W3YYE3SQY1WD&th=1

Is anyone gonna try Song X? Really dig the aesthetics but no AptX or volume control keeps me hanging.

The Noise XO is another promising option with a similar design but so far only available in India. It has USB-C, Qi charging, AptX and volume controls.
https://www.amazon.in/Noise-Wireless-Headphones-Charging-Metallic/dp/B083SNSLZW

Has anyone here received their MPOW M8 or M7 yet? I recall at least one person here was awaiting the M7.

Jan 20, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #18,840 of 61,927
So far I still haven't found a TWS without any floor noise. Back in the day there were some IEMs I enjoyed the sound but were very sensitive to hiss using a typical source (laptop or phone), like the ATH-IM70, so for me it was usually something I lived with. However, I do find most TWS I've tried have less hiss than these two examples. The Jabees Firefly Pro is probably the cleanest (though it's ambient hearthrough is another story), while Tronsmart Onyx Neo is probably the worst example I've tried (but still not dealbreaking as much as the channel imbalance).

The 65t was one product where imbalance + hiss was so apparent to many users on forums but no major reviewers reported it. The left bud hiss was only noticeable above a certain volume but for me the buds were way too low in volume before that.

PS Tranya on Amazon.ca confirmed to me B530 Pro is only microUSB, so any listings or reports otherwise are errors. Considering it's based off an older design I'm not really surprised but it would have been nice if they had corrected the listing before the lightning sale this morning.

When Klipsch first revealed their budget S1 they listed USB-C by mistake on their site, but later confirmed it was only microUSB. On the other hand their T3 seems to come with USB Type-C despite previous reports saying otherwise.

Åtta Göra Liberté now listed on Amazon.ca:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0...65b129fdd73&pf_rd_r=D70F3T46W3YYE3SQY1WD&th=1

Is anyone gonna try Song X? Really dig the aesthetics but no AptX or volume control keeps me hanging.

The Noise XO is another promising option with a similar design but so far only available in India. It has USB-C, Qi charging, AptX and volume controls.
https://www.amazon.in/Noise-Wireless-Headphones-Charging-Metallic/dp/B083SNSLZW

Has anyone here received their MPOW M8 or M7 yet? I recall at least one person here was awaiting the M7.

The Fiil t1x has pretty low floor noise and also the mifo 07 is even lower imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back