Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 16, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #18,691 of 62,084
Whoa, that's a surprise. My experience has been that the bass isn't as tight with the Complys but there seems to be more of it. I also found it tames the top end a bit, but that was maybe a bit more subtle. I will swap back to the silicone tips on the N to see if I'm imagining things.
Yea, generally i don't like foam tips, they seem to tame the high end and reduce bass, but they take away the some of the mid bass from the N6 for me. I have no idea which tips i'm using, I think it's some that I bought like years ago but never used and they are super long. I still like the Auvio's and Spiral Dots. I noticed that the stock NUARL tips have the most mid range but they also make the sound the most cohesive to me. They are great on the N6 pro because some of the other tips i've tried really seem to boost the highs and I def. don't need anymore in the Pro. What's really interesting is if you listen to the Spunky beats, then the T1x, then the N6 pro. The Spunky Beats make the T1x sound warm. I think the SB's have a tuning similar to the N6 pro, but not near as defined.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #18,693 of 62,084
I guess I got lucky here, since I took the wings off the L2P (they annoyed me) and use the Comply Audio Pro foam tips and they stay put, never fall out, no need to ram anything in my ear. Also, with the Comply tips, they isolate decently. Not ANC but as good as most passive in-ear phones I've tried/owned. Did you own the L2Pro and return them?
I still have them (v2 so with some hiss but "pure" white noise, not the cheap RF shielding noise of the T1X) as the SQ is absolutely superb. I

After reading your message I gave the the Complys another try (T200 L Audio) and isolation is great but to my ears they they just "muddy" the whole spectrum of frequencies compared to silicone tips (when listening with a Comply on one side and a Silicon on the other side the difference is staggering) and reinforce the bass too much (not something the L2P needs !) and they do have to be "rammed in" (and squished and held for 10+ seconds, an "annoyance") but they don't hurt the canal of course being made of foam. I ordered some "New Bee" "shiny foams this week and while they don't isolate as much (not much more than the stock silicone tips really) they preserve some of the L2Ps stellar SQ. Anyway I'm fine listening to the L2Ps in quiet environments, for noisy ones I have the Amazon Echo Buds :wink:

Jan 16, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #18,694 of 62,084
Been eyeing these Geek Fly GF8's posted earlier by @audio123. Looks like they are $109.90 on their site and you can get 5-7 day shipping to the U.S. I'd pay an extra $10 to not have to wait a month, Looks like Penon offers Express shipping as well, but it doesn't mention the shipping time. Not to keen on the 4 hour battery life, but, i'd def. like to hear some more impressions about these if you wouldn't mind doing some comparisons.

Jan 16, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #18,695 of 62,084
this is weird, my Haylou GT1 plus have Qualcomm QCC3020 and always connected to AAC to my LG v40, and i force to use APTX, they are in APTX mode. no problem at all, never once connected to SBS by default.

Hum are you sure they are the Plus model? Because the previous versions no-Pro and Pro were with another chipset (maybe the Realtek also used in the QCY T1/QS1) and from my experience those work perfectly with AAC on all my devices: Macbook Pro, iPhone 6S, iPad gen 7 and a Nokia Android One 3.1.

This has not been my experience. The 3020 definitely supports AAC and AptX. My Spunkybeats are connected to my MAC using AAC right now. The M5/T5 also, The OFUSHO P.O.S', The NUARL NT01A which uses the 3020, the 1more Stylish, I could go on. I had the Bowmaker and they also supported AAC on my mac, so Maybe there's an issue with your equipment. I also use an iphone

I believe in you, but at the same time I've tried on several devices and no AAC to be found with my Bomaker Sifi pair... Is my pair somehow defective? Is there anyone else, specifically with the Bomaker Sifi that can confirm the AAC connection?

Jan 16, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #18,696 of 62,084
I still have them (v2 so with some hiss but "pure" white noise, not the cheap RF shielding noise of the T1X) as the SQ is absolutely superb. I

After reading your message I gave the the Complys another try (T200 L Audio) and isolation is great but to my ears they they just "muddy" the whole spectrum of frequencies compared to silicone tips (when listening with a Comply on one side and a Silicon on the other side the difference is staggering) and reinforce the bass too much (not something the L2P needs !) and they do have to be "rammed in" (and squished and held for 10+ seconds, an "annoyance") but they don't hurt the canal of course being made of foam. I ordered some "New Bee" "shiny foams this week and while they don't isolate as much (not much more than the stock silicone tips really) they preserve some of the L2Ps stellar SQ. Anyway I'm fine listening to the L2Ps in quiet environments, for noisy ones I have the Amazon Echo Buds :wink:
Might have to try those tips. I do use an EQ, in the Kaiser Audio player, with my phones, well the ones I feel need it. So I do adjust the L2P sound, trim the bass, boost the mids, etc. While the L2P are not perfect, I ended up keeping them. I also ordered the new Tranya B530 Pro, already own a pair of Tranyas. So decided to give them a try. If they can match up with the L2P or the Melomania 1 (I know you are not a fan), I'll be good. For home listening, I am still old school with either wired over ear phones, Koss Porta Pros or I use the ES100. And I do like the Sony M3s, full-size. So many options! Too many?

Jan 16, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #18,697 of 62,084
Hum are you sure they are the Plus model? Because the previous versions no-Pro and Pro were with another chipset (maybe the Realtek also used in the QCY T1/QS1) and from my experience those work perfectly with AAC on all my devices: Macbook Pro, iPhone 6S, iPad gen 7 and a Nokia Android One 3.1.

I believe in you, but at the same time I've tried on several devices and no AAC to be found with my Bomaker Sifi pair... Is my pair somehow defective? Is there anyone else, specifically with the Bomaker Sifi that can confirm the AAC connection?

Same here, no AAC with my Nokia 8 running Android 9, the AAC setting just does not "stick" in the "Developer Options", unlike SBC and aptX.

As a side note testing the Bomakers reminding me how good they sound compared to the T1X, much clearer and with a much wider soundstage. It's too bad they don't come with wings and I lose the seal too easily when I'm active.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #18,698 of 62,084
Same here, no AAC with my Nokia 8 running Android 9, the AAC setting just does not "stick" in the "Developer Options", unlike SBC and aptX.

As a side note testing the Bomakers reminding me how good they sound compared to the T1X, much clearer and with a much wider soundstage. It's too bad they don't come with wings and I lose the seal too easily when I'm active.
I don't have an android device, but with my macbook, I have to uncheck "Force AptX" and make sure Enable AAC is checked for AAC to work Otherwise AptX takes over on all my devices that support both.

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 2.50.24 PM.png

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #18,699 of 62,084

And the plot thickens...

I did a lot of testing and I can say for sure that I never got AAC activated on all the devices.

I noticed also that the Libratone Track Air+ have the QCC 5121 which is a higher tier chipset from Qualcomm available for TWS devices and that one is reported by The Guardian, that it only supports SBC and APTX: https://www.theguardian.com/technol...-noise-cancelling-airpods-apple-wont-give-you

I'll try further research to clarify this situation, but in any case if someone can test other Bomakers and even other QCC 3020 devices to know if they really support AAC, that would help. (maybe @Bartig can step in and help also!)

Jan 16, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #18,700 of 62,084
Apparently the latest update for the LTA+ has added AAC, I don't have them anymore to verify this though.

Jan 16, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #18,701 of 62,084
Not to rain on everyone's parade but if for you AAC codec compatibilty is important (iPhone users), I need to warn you, that so far my QCC3020 equipped Bomaker Sifi, can't connect to any device with AAC but only SBC, On the other side APTX codec does work if forced on my Apple laptop. It's a shame because indeed in terms of sound they are very good while using them with superior APTX versus with SBC...

SBC codec always has a characteristic shrill high pitched overtone sound, when sub-bass sounds are produced. Usually you can hear this clearly with the test "Bass Shaker" over the Audiocheck Headphones Test webpage: https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

If you want to confirm which codec you are using with your Qualcomm 3020 chipset equiped TWSs and if you have an Apple computer, you can press the Bluetooth icon on the top bar together with the Alt key and you get a more complete menu which describes which codec you are currently using with your device.

It's a pitty, but they will be returned to Amazon for false advertising on the AAC codec compatibility. At the same time I've checked the Qualcomm 3020 page and nowhere is to be found AAC compatibility. Amazing that every product equipped with the QCC 3020 (Bomaker Sifi, Mpow M5, Tronsmart Spunky Beats, etc...) they all tout AAC codec compatibility... Chi-fi at its best...
To be clear, the MPOW M5/T5 connects via AAC.
upload_2020-1-16_15-32-11.png

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #18,702 of 62,084
Yes, I have that menu activated on a secundary android phone, it's called the Developer Menu, but if you check and force AAC while using any of these QCC 3020 TWSs, exit the menu and return to the same Bluetooth option, you'll see that SBC is back on... That happens when the device you are using is not supporting the selected codec. Funny enough I've also tried to connect with APTX on this same device and seems not supporting as well... On the Macbook Pro I have works perfectly APTX if forced on the Terminal...
Not the case for me. I tested this on the Sabbat E12 Ultra and Tronsmart Onyx Neo, which both use QCC3020, as well as the Dyplay Urban Traveller 2 (over-ear ANC headphone with QCC3005).

On my Note 9 Exynos, the AAC option sticks the next time I enter Developer options and I also hear a sound difference. (AAC generally seems to have a warmer tuning with slightly less volume - the Dyplay actually sounds less distorted than with AptX) However, it is only remembered for the current pairing and defaults to AptX on the next connection.

What I am disappointed about the QCC3020 is that on a non-TWS+-supporting device, the "true mono mode" is NOT seamless. 1) It registers two listings for the device, which in the case of Sabbat E12 Ultra is almost indistinguishable, while Tronsmart fortunately named them left and right. You can rename these on Android, but on Windows 10 the renaming is only temporary (unless someone can correct me on this). 2) Switching the buds leads to a temporary cut and gap where my laptop speakers play instead. 3) It's not a true mono downmix. It's only playing whatever side you are wearing. I've had much more seamless single-bud use with the Jabees Firefly and the BE30 Air Anbes clone.

Jan 16, 2020 at 7:42 PM Post #18,703 of 62,084

Yes Im sure mine is GT1 plus, I know the previous haylous are using realtek chip and the newer GT1 plus are using qcc3020 thats what made me buy the plus. The DD also using different bio membrane.
I've read somwhere that qcc3020 or other qualcomm bt chipset works better with Qualcomm snapdragon 835/845 or higher? But connect through aac should be more universal thingy.

Mine always conmected to AAC by default, but i always force them to connect using APTX. Again they never connected through SBS at all unless i force them to.

20200107_143429~2.jpg

That is the box, written GT1 PL (US) and on bottom left clearly written qualcomm APTX

Jan 16, 2020 at 8:33 PM Post #18,704 of 62,084
Do you have a shipping receipt or any kind of tracking? Also, try contacting corporate to see they received it and can either forward it on or ship it back to you.

I provided proof of purchase direct and tracking showing it arrived at their office in Bellevue Washington. They basically told me that if they find it then they will return it because it’s passed their 30 day policy and if not then I’m out of luck.

Jan 16, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #18,705 of 62,084
Just tested the Geekfly GF8. First thought is the implementation is definitely intriguing for a true wireless. After listening to the GF8 different modes, I am very impressed by the sound. For the sound, I will choose the GF8 over my Sony WF-1000XM3.

Impressive inners, but how is the fit? That shape looks pretty uncomfortable. Oh. and price?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back