Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 15, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #18,631 of 62,023
They have almost the same sound sig. They have the same warmth in mids, while Aviot have cleaner, more detailed bass and more sparkly highs, so overall Aviot is perceived as less warm. What I'm impressed about Aviot, from their te-d01b to te-bd21f, is their careful tuning that avoid the harshness. As a long time fan of Nuarl, I'll say I'm more into Aviot now. Those Japanese small companies are really experts in sounds.

Two other questions: They are touch controls? How do you find their sensitivity?

Also, how do you feel they are handling your phone call needs (I know, not about music SQ, but super important to me and something the Nuarl's have nailed). Thank you!

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #18,632 of 62,023
Hopefully Aviot will sell them in the US so we can get a version with English vocal prompts.
Wait...what? I suppose the silver lining would be that I’d learn some Japanese??

Also, how do you feel they are handling your phone call needs (I know, not about music SQ, but super important to me and something the Nuarl's have nailed). Thank you!

I agree with you on this. SQ is the top priority, but convenience features are also very important.

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #18,633 of 62,023
As one of the original NT01AX fans, I'm in a special hell right now of hearing you all try them - but since I'm now living on an island - Amazon won't ship them to me. I've been trying to figure out whether to get the N6 or N6 Pro drop-shipped, but now these Aviot's sound pretty interesting. I don't love the look of the case, but it may appear to be larger in pictures than in real life.

May I know where you bought your Aviot's?
I bought from a 3rd party tec_Japan at Amazon. They shipped them from Japan, but still very fast, delivered after 2 days using DHL. The only grip about Aviot is the noticeable hiss before burning in, but after a while the hiss reduces quite a lot and now is on par with that from N6 pro. If you get a defect one, though, the return can be an issue. I contacted them about the hiss. They made some suggestions that I already did, like re-set, re-pair, trying different devices, etc. Then I asked 20% discount when hiss became less and I still loved the overall package. Pushed them after couple of weeks, I ended up getting 10% back. I don't really blame them for that since that's not their fault, and overall their support was good. But if I really got a defect one, and seems Aviot has many complaints in Japan, I would have trouble returning them and getting full refund.

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #18,634 of 62,023
Two other questions: They are touch controls? How do you find their sensitivity?

No, they're button controlled, which are awkward and Nuarl works better.
I tried to make some calls a couple of times in my office and heard no complaints, though admitted I do not use them for calls with APP on my desk:)

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #18,635 of 62,023
Screenshot_20200115-121503_Smart Control.jpg
Anyone with the Senn Momentum TWs using the app EQ? If so, care to share what yours looks like?

I'm finding a nudge to the right with the treble, to lower the bass a little, helps a heap.

Here is where I currently have mine set. Slightly to the right and down.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #18,637 of 62,023
Jan 15, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #18,638 of 62,023
I read about this about a week ago. At least with Apple, they usually fix stuff pretty quickly. I have also seen some complaints that the silicone rips degrade quickly and harm isolation. At least they are cheap to replace.
Yep, the tips don't seem to last very long. The left side on mine frequently detaches now. :rage:

Jan 15, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #18,640 of 62,023
No, they're button controlled, which are awkward and Nuarl works better.
I tried to make some calls a couple of times in my office and heard no complaints, though admitted I do not use them for calls with APP on my desk:)

I do have to say the N6 and N6 Pro buttons have been excellent. It makes you wonder why other companies haven't hopped on the train of having multiple buttons on each side that mirror each other. I love being able to change the volume, etc. with either hand.

Jan 15, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #18,641 of 62,023
I do have to say the N6 and N6 Pro buttons have been excellent. It makes you wonder why other companies haven't hopped on the train of having multiple buttons on each side that mirror each other. I love being able to change the volume, etc. with either hand.
I agree. But the size of Aviot, on the button surface, is even smaller than Mavin air-X. I suspect how they can manage the N6 pro buttons. That'll be extremely tiny and hard for my fingers to reach.

Jan 15, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #18,642 of 62,023
My apologies in advance if this is not the right forum or thread for this post. I have the Cambridge Melomania 1s. There's a ton that I like about them, but I'm thrown off about the battery life. I seem to be getting about 6-7 hours of battery life out of them, but the battery life indicators seem really, really off.

I'm judging the earbud percentage life based on what my phone is telling me. I'll run it 6 hours or so until it gets to 50%-60%. But at that point, it'll drop to dead within 1 hour to 75 minutes. I've reached out to Cambridge Audio, but after a week, I haven't heard back. I reached back out today, so hopefully I'll hear back from them. Anyone else experiencing this?

Jan 15, 2020 at 5:34 PM Post #18,644 of 62,023
My apologies in advance if this is not the right forum or thread for this post. I have the Cambridge Melomania 1s. There's a ton that I like about them, but I'm thrown off about the battery life. I seem to be getting about 6-7 hours of battery life out of them, but the battery life indicators seem really, really off.

I'm judging the earbud percentage life based on what my phone is telling me. I'll run it 6 hours or so until it gets to 50%-60%. But at that point, it'll drop to dead within 1 hour to 75 minutes. I've reached out to Cambridge Audio, but after a week, I haven't heard back. I reached back out today, so hopefully I'll hear back from them. Anyone else experiencing this?
I have them. How do you know they are at a certain percentage? There is no app with them, right? Not sure how to tell where they are battery-wise. Of course, I hardly ever go past 2-3 hours max, and once on a flight. I love the sound, more than most here it seems. And with the medium foam tips, they are a fantastic fit. I got lucky I think, because they don't bother me, the fit that is. And their sound is to me, great. Anyway, their guy in tech support, Nicolas, has been very responsive to me.

Jan 15, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #18,645 of 62,023
FYI Version 2.1.0 Firmware is now available for the Sony WF-1000 XM3's Supposed to improve call quality, i'm updating now, will report back.
Just picked up the 1000xm3's and updated to the new firmware before I could compare the two versions. I'm curious if there were improvements to anything? Calls are decent, not bad, but still far from APP quality. I don't think anything is even close to the APP in regards to call quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back