Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 12, 2020 at 1:36 PM Post #18,496 of 62,102
I THINK I know what's causing my Spunky Beat problems. I got a second pair and they're doing the same thing. My theory is that my "tragus" (Google it) is touching the touch sensor all the time when they're inserted, and that is causing touch registers. They literally power themselves off while I'm wearing them, and this is the only thing I can think of. The solution could be longer tips, but then they won't fit in the case. I really hate touch controls.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #18,498 of 62,102
Thank you. I too struggle to have a use case for them having a good wired setup at my office desk that is almost certainly better than the N6s.

Yeah this is a good point. As someone who uses TWS primarily while walking around NYC, I’ve been waiting for one that allows me to do some critical listening on the go. For that they’ve been surprisingly awesome. Also I’m just sick of wires, and while they don’t sound as good as some of my high end wired earbuds, the fact that they’re even approximating some of the things that those do is exciting to me. I do think though that the use case question is a good one to ask regarding the N6 Pros, and of potentially audiophile grade TWS that may come out in the future. If you’re in a stationary listening environment, it does seem like the advantages of TWS over wired are minimized. I agree with @clerkpalmer though, I’d be so hyped if NUARL made something that sounds like the N6 Pro that also has a good IP rating, effective ANC, and app EQ.

Jan 12, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #18,501 of 62,102
Maybe I’m wrong but the T1X sound better using my IPhone 11 Pro Max than my Ipod.
Iphone = top of the line
Ipod = poor man's iphone

Jan 12, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #18,502 of 62,102
Yeah this is a good point. As someone who uses TWS primarily while walking around NYC, I’ve been waiting for one that allows me to do some critical listening on the go. For that they’ve been surprisingly awesome. Also I’m just sick of wires, and while they don’t sound as good as some of my high end wired earbuds, the fact that they’re even approximating some of the things that those do is exciting to me. I do think though that the use case question is a good one to ask regarding the N6 Pros, and of potentially audiophile grade TWS that may come out in the future. If you’re in a stationary listening environment, it does seem like the advantages of TWS over wired are minimized. I agree with @clerkpalmer though, I’d be so hyped if NUARL made something that sounds like the N6 Pro that also has a good IP rating, effective ANC, and app EQ.
I think Nuarl N6/n6 pro isolate better then APPs with ANC on.

Jan 12, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #18,503 of 62,102
I THINK I know what's causing my Spunky Beat problems. I got a second pair and they're doing the same thing. My theory is that my "tragus" (Google it) is touching the touch sensor all the time when they're inserted, and that is causing touch registers. They literally power themselves off while I'm wearing them, and this is the only thing I can think of. The solution could be longer tips, but then they won't fit in the case. I really hate touch controls.
I love my Spunky Beats, (hate the name!), but I dread adjusting them in my admittedly large ears as I’d invariably touch the touch controls and, usually, power them off by mistake. I wish manufacturers would allow an option to switch off controls totally. I tend to control using my always-nearby iPhone and always-wearing Apple Watch anyway.

Jan 12, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #18,504 of 62,102
I love my Spunky Beats, (hate the name!), but I dread adjusting them in my admittedly large ears as I’d invariably touch the touch controls and, usually, power them off by mistake. I wish manufacturers would allow an option to switch off controls totally. I tend to control using my always-nearby iPhone and always-wearing Apple Watch anyway.
Agreed. I like the sound a lot. If I could just turn off the touch I think they'd be just fine and I'd have no problems.

Jan 12, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #18,505 of 62,102
the ANC is becoming a must have for me.

Yes, i personally think ANC tech is heaven-sent. It made me realise just how noisy the world is now. The good thing is, even if ANC already exist for quite a while, it is only after Apple brought to light in the APP that the common general public start noticing, and also make the whole audio industry move to catch up.
Sony, Bose, and others might have done it earlier and better, but only audio hobbyists and few other people that know it

Now seeing that even some 50 usd chifi TWS like this BQC35 (which by the way I've just tested for motorcycle riding, and it performed awesomely) can deliver good ANC is a good news for us as the consumers. I remember the older days when ANC would have those effect like someone's put a vacuum to my ears and sucked the air out...no matter how good the ANC effect, it's just not worth the inconvenience. Nowadays even this cheaper TWS don't produce that effect.

Do any sub $100 models support multipoint (being connected to multiple devices at the same time)?

Not that i know of..the best bet i guess is to purchase the Jabra 65T at discounted price to get that feature

I love my Spunky Beats

Love it or hate it, but that sentence is golden :ksc75smile:

Jan 12, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #18,506 of 62,102
Now, I would really like to see if Bose can beat the APP with better SQ and ANC. Or maybe Nuarl will add ANC to the N6. I'm starting to think ANC is going to be a requirement for me going forward. Once you have it, it's hard to give it up.
Bose need to keep the size small like APP, not large like their other ones, and increase the battery life to improve upon it. I'm having some doubts Bose can do it, but we'll see what they come up with.

Jan 12, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #18,509 of 62,102
I think Nuarl N6/n6 pro isolate better then APPs with ANC on.
I used the APP on the plane last week and they were pretty silent. The engine noise and hum was almost eliminated and I could watch Netflix at about 50 percent. I’ll try the nuarls on the plane tomorrow. I’d be pretty surprised if the engine drone was gone like with the APP. No iem ive tried has done that on a plane and I usually have to jack the volume.

Jan 12, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #18,510 of 62,102
I used the APP on the plane last week and they were pretty silent. The engine noise and hum was almost eliminated and I could watch Netflix at about 50 percent. I’ll try the nuarls on the plane tomorrow. I’d be pretty surprised if the engine drone was gone like with the APP. No iem ive tried has done that on a plane and I usually have to jack the volume.

Of course now that I’m traveling a bit, I’m eyeing some Bose 700s. Go big or go home right? Anyone have any opinions on NC over ears? The Sony is too bloated for me. Definitely want something a little more balanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back