Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 1, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #17,911 of 62,035
Oh Gee! Well, sometimes, after the fact, it occurs to me that I might be better off keeping my opinions, or insights to myself. Especially when it might be along the lines of busting someone’s bubble. No harm done. I hope they’re not too bad.
No harm read into any of it :wink: I know these will not replace my APP nor PBP, duh, but I am really curious about the form factor.
Initially I wanted to post along the lines ‘who’s willing to take one for the team?’ ... then I realized that should be me :D

Jan 2, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #17,912 of 62,035
Jan 2, 2020 at 12:49 AM Post #17,913 of 62,035
How does it sound compared to Mpow M5? I'm thinking of getting T1X or Mpow M7....
For me, no contest. Clarity, separation, case size, easy to take out from case, fast connection and connection range goes to T1X. Now, with the addition of app on both iOS and android, it is even better imho.

Jan 2, 2020 at 1:39 AM Post #17,914 of 62,035
Wait?! How? Is that a mistake? I just went on the link and it looks like the deals gone
Yeah, the deal is gone. I posted it a while back and they went back up to $598 from $298. My guess is B&H is doing a bulk order with Sony in general, so the more units they order, the better pricing will be, so it may be beneficial to load the order with a number of low margin sales to gain a better overall deal per unit (of various Sony items).

Or, it was a mistake (which they seem to be honoring). :p

Jan 2, 2020 at 2:38 AM Post #17,915 of 62,035
If you are interested into Shanling MTW100 TWS, we are now rolling out new version, with direct connection for both earphones.

This change affects both BA and DD version.

Price stays the same at 89 / 79 USD.

How to distinguish V1 from V2?

Both versions look the same and come in the same packaging, you can only identify them either by checking their user manual or by testing the Surrounding awareness mode.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 2, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #17,916 of 62,035
Seems like Tronsmart wants me to return-ship via Aliexpress my "defective" unit before offering a possible replacement. I'm not so sure it's worth the hassle and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced similarly from different manufacturers. Knowing it might take another 3 weeks to ship it back and get a replacement which might have the same issue, it is unassuring compared to other manufacturers who simply send a replacement first or offer a refund.

I've already been bad-lucked 3-4 times with imbalance/poor driver matching in TWS. It is not my hearing because my good headphones and IEMs don't have these issues. Do casual listeners not mind imbalance and think it's a "6D binaural stereo" experience?

Jan 2, 2020 at 3:08 AM Post #17,918 of 62,035
If you are interested into Shanling MTW100 TWS, we are now rolling out new version, with direct connection for both earphones.

Both versions look the same and come in the same packaging, you can only identify them either by checking their user manual or by testing the Surrounding awareness mode.
For Direct Connection, will this work like TWS+ hence needing an Android phone with a snapdragon chip, or will it work with all phones like the way the Sony WF-1000XM3 does?

Jan 2, 2020 at 3:09 AM Post #17,919 of 62,035
For me, no contest. Clarity, separation, case size, easy to take out from case, fast connection and connection range goes to T1X. Now, with the addition of app on both iOS and android, it is even better imho.
Thank you for inputs. I think the mpow m5 mids is still a little thin to my ears. I want to tinker with even thicker mids. :)

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2020 at 4:14 AM Post #17,920 of 62,035
For Direct Connection, will this work like TWS+ hence needing an Android phone with a snapdragon chip, or will it work with all phones like the way the Sony WF-1000XM3 does?

As we are not using Qualcomm chip, there should be no such limitation.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 2, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #17,922 of 62,035
did you add volume control??

Jan 2, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #17,923 of 62,035
For anyone thinking about buying the FIIL T1 X on Gearbest, be warned that the spoken voice language (that tells you the status of the earphones: connecting, battery low, etc.) of the earphones is Chinese, not English (as it ships from China). It doesn't bother me too much, but once I was having trouble increasing volume and the voice told me something I couldn't interpret. I was able to resolve the problem, though (by changing device output audio volume). So it's not very helpful if you can't understand it.

Also, I have one question: the case of my FIIL T1 X's has the lid a little loose. When I vertically push the lid, it moves about 0.5 mm away from the base. Do you guys have this? I may have stressed the lid a bit too much yesterday, so it's probably my fault.

Also, another thing was that I could not connect the app to the earphones;the list was just empty. What worked for me was to download a previous version (15.12.2019; version 3.3.1) that identified my earphones fine.

Other than that, excellent earphones, getting pretty addicted to them, especially as a first pair of TWS.

Jan 2, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #17,924 of 62,035
For anyone thinking about buying the FIIL T1 X on Gearbest, be warned that the spoken voice language (that tells you the status of the earphones: connecting, battery low, etc.) of the earphones is Chinese, not English (as it ships from China). It doesn't bother me too much, but once I was having trouble increasing volume and the voice told me something I couldn't interpret. I was able to resolve the problem, though (by changing device output audio volume). So it's not very helpful if you can't understand it.

Also, I have one question: the case of my FIIL T1 X's has the lid a little loose. When I vertically push the lid, it moves about 0.5 mm away from the base. Do you guys have this? I may have stressed the lid a bit too much yesterday, so it's probably my fault.

Also, another thing was that I could not connect the app to the earphones;the list was just empty. What worked for me was to download a previous version (15.12.2019; version 3.3.1) that identified my earphones fine.

Other than that, excellent earphones, getting pretty addicted to them, especially as a first pair of TWS.

The lid thing in my experience can be affected by the tips. The stock tips are shorter, allowing the lid to close easily. Longer tips used to get a better fit in the ear may no longer fit in the case.

Jan 2, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #17,925 of 62,035
I was intrigued by the Libratone now that AAC is supported. A quick check, however, and they want $249 now for the black version compared to $199 for the white. A week ago they were both $189. Anyone know of an alternative seller? $249 is just plain stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back