Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 24, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #17,671 of 62,112
Love the Spunky Beats and SSK BT03 but for a large ear user like me, I wish I could disable all the touch controls. I need to gingerly pinch the earbuds carefully when I’m adjusting the fit during listening sessions.

Dec 25, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #17,672 of 62,112
that batt life is really poor....how you find the SQ your self?

i've got a pair and i'm totally surprised by the SQ on the Spunky Beats. they are fantastic for the price (i've only tested for 30mins). better than mifo o5 pro , QCY T1 pro, Xiaomi airdot , Sabbat E12ultra i've tested so far under $70 range, better than jabras and soundsport for over $100+. but the stock tips are horrible. one of the worst stock tips I've seen in a TWE period. i used spiral dot tips which fits perfectly and made it sound x2 better.

the SQ and sound stage is close to that of the 1More E1026BT but musically i prefer the 1More which does things slightly better with a warmer tone. but 1more is x2 the price.

i'm currently using BT20s with CCA c10s as main since they sounded very close to the sennheiser MTW but with 8hr batt life. so far none of the TWE i've tested can touch the sennheiser in SQ and sound stage. any recommendations on better BT20s parring which is an upgrade to the CCA c10s?
a kid got his first TWS tonight, and of course i had to give them a listen as well. The Spunky Beats really are amazing from an SQ perspective. The touch controls are a bit to sensative, but they're definitely worth keeping. Might have to get a pair myself. Gonna see how the bomaker SiFi sound first. Plus do have the N6 pro coming, need to just be content with those.

Dec 25, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #17,673 of 62,112
i use these tips on my two Galaxy buds:

the clear one on the black unit i think i got it from an old Samsung phone stock IEM, and the white one, i think it's some generic wide bore tips that i got online.

if it's only the stock tips, i would never get the Galaxy buds to fit securely in my ears, and constantly repositioning it would make it hurt.

with these tips, well, i like the Gbuds a lot that i got two units of them

How did you manage to use the conventional tips to stick? Weird design seem to only take the tips made by Samsung or the foam tips by comply specifically for the Galaxy buds. Oh and there's a spinfit 360 for tws too.

It seals fine, it's just the housing, the pin side that sits beside the outer ear hurts a ton. I even switched to the rubber without the wings/fin but that wasn't of any help either if anything it made it even worse since the fin was redistributing the pain where the ones without the fin was just digging in one area.

Dec 25, 2019 at 3:44 AM Post #17,674 of 62,112
Read reviews from sites saying the Galaxy buds were lacking in bass. In my experience it has enough, dare I say borderline basshead territory? Maybe it's just me. So I'll say it has enough bass. No eq. Maybe they retuned it over firmware updates?

Dec 25, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #17,675 of 62,112
Read reviews from sites saying the Galaxy buds were lacking in bass. In my experience it has enough, dare I say borderline basshead territory? Maybe it's just me. So I'll say it has enough bass. No eq. Maybe they retuned it over firmware updates?
Personal preference, certainly, but I find them to be a little light on the bass out of the box.

Good, clean sound, however.

Dec 25, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #17,676 of 62,112
Spinfit tip (dont know item name) in package of anker liberty air2 is beyond good for E8.
Sound I never ever heard on TWS
20191225_183225.jpg

Dec 25, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #17,677 of 62,112
a kid got his first TWS tonight, and of course i had to give them a listen as well. The Spunky Beats really are amazing from an SQ perspective. The touch controls are a bit to sensative, but they're definitely worth keeping. Might have to get a pair myself. Gonna see how the bomaker SiFi sound first. Plus do have the N6 pro coming, need to just be content with those.

Yea i was reviewing quite a few chi-fi TWS for a website and those didn't even come up on the radar. the package looked cheap like the QCYs cheap and the charger feels really cheap too. so i had very low expectations. at $33 ish price point the SQ is just ridiculous. they totally blow the highly rated Mifo O5 balance Pros out of the water and Sabbat series. yes the touch controls are sensitive like the Sony XM3s. been such a small size made it touch prone.

i just tested the batt life and my left ear shut down at around 4hr mark with Apt-X and my right ear still has around 60% batt left which is weird.

Dec 25, 2019 at 6:45 AM Post #17,678 of 62,112
Question for those here with PowerBeats Pro:
have you ever had trouble charging them, or the connection of the metal points inside the charging case rattles loose (and then the buds just reconnect to your device, while you are actually listening to other buds), or they don't fully connect once you close the lid, thus they don't charge? Are there charge indicator lights ON the buds?
I have a similar built over ear-hangy tws that has all the above problems, which partially I attribute to the shape / design of the case / location of the charging points, plus the ones I have have only one charging indicator light on the box (for when the box is charging, not the buds)
I am still tempted to get a pair here (used / 150$ tax free) but would bite my own behind if I ran into similar issues.

Thanks and happy Xmas!

Dec 25, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #17,679 of 62,112
How did you manage to use the conventional tips to stick? Weird design seem to only take the tips made by Samsung or the foam tips by comply specifically for the Galaxy buds. Oh and there's a spinfit 360 for tws too.

It seals fine, it's just the housing, the pin side that sits beside the outer ear hurts a ton. I even switched to the rubber without the wings/fin but that wasn't of any help either if anything it made it even worse since the fin was redistributing the pain where the ones without the fin was just digging in one area.

only that tips that can fit the Galaxy buds, even that sometimes popped out, but only if i pull it out of my ears quickly

to me the Galaxy buds have a deep bass and ample amount of subbass, but to people who enjoy midbass thump, they are a bit scooped there. but i myself consider the Gbuds not to be bass light

Dec 25, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #17,680 of 62,112
Dec 25, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #17,681 of 62,112
have you ever had trouble charging them, or the connection of the metal points inside the charging case rattles loose (and then the buds just reconnect to your device, while you are actually listening to other buds), or they don't fully connect once you close the lid, thus they don't charge? Are there charge indicator lights ON the buds?
I have a similar built over ear-hangy tws that has all the above problems, which partially I attribute to the shape / design of the case / location of the charging points, plus the ones I have have only one charging indicator light on the box (for when the box is charging, not the buds)
I am still tempted to get a pair here (used / 150$ tax free) but would bite my own behind if I ran into similar issues.

Thanks and happy Xmas!
I own the power beats pro and never had any issues with any thing so far and I've owned them probably around 3 months. Love the PBPs and listen to them quite a bit.

Merry Christmas all!

Dec 25, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #17,682 of 62,112

Thanks and happy Xmas!

I've had a few issues likely due to user error. You do have to make sure they are seated properly and if the case gets jarred it's possible they will move off the connection. I've had some instances where only 1 would pair or 1 would be completely dead and another fully charged. Nothing that would keep me from purchasing them. Edit no indicator lights in the buds themselves. Also battery life is epic.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #17,685 of 62,112
@howdy & @clerkpalmer thank you for your input! Not really helping me save money :wink:

i recall I was very impressed by them on first auditioning ... let’s see if I have the same impression again
These are what I grab all the time when doing chores around the house and gym as they stay put in my ear and sound really great! And the battery life is awesome! I use them with my only apple device which is a iPod touch with lots of Tidal downloaded,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back