Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 14, 2019 at 7:15 PM Post #17,282 of 62,122
What would be the best tips for the Fill T1X? I usually use foam medium/large. I never tried Spinfit, are those the best? Which model for these TWS?

Dec 14, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #17,283 of 62,122
Hi. I'm still new to TWS, and my first set was the Dudios Zeus Air, from the Super Review guy. I know he doesn't get into tons of technical data during his video reviews, but I find him a helpful source. And I agree with his take on the Du-du-dudios: great isolation, great fit, really good sound. Whoever you are, Super Review guy, thanks for the recommendation, and for being an early guide to the rabbit hole.

Because of recent buzz, my next TWS was the Fiil T1X, currently $40 on Amazon but with occasional discounts. General impression: this set caused a wow factor for me. I'm a terrible reviewer, lacking the audiophile/file/fiil ability to discern and explain what I'm hearing and generally the hearing capacity of a nursing home resident. But the music I heard (alternative rock, Grandson, Billie Eilish, Depeche Mode, CAKE, ELO, etc) was very present, around me and alive. The kind of sessions where you can't wait to hear what the earphone will reveal to the next song you thought you knew well. The experience I had read about the the uncomfortable T800 and bulky KPE (don't get me wrong, they're very fine IEMs). A day or two in, I can't get my fill of Fiil.

However, I will end with a question. It took a bit of tip-rolling on the T1xs, but I finally landed on the Spinfits and a bit of jiggling and learning how to seat it in the ear to get a good seal. After finding the fit -- and yes, what they say about the Bluetooth connectivity on these things is true -- now they don't fit in the charging case. I mean, they fit, but the lid doesn't quite close all the way to turn on the red case lights. This leads to the earbuds not getting charged automagically and rude message in my ear saying "charge headset" when I thought they were charged after resting in the case all night.

This can't be an isolated (pardon the pun) problem... how do you all deal with tips that make the earbud not fit the charging case well?

Oh, and how do you know when the T1x case needs charging?

Thanks for reading, and have a musiclicious day.

When the two red LEDs on the case start blinking.

Dec 14, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #17,284 of 62,122
What would be the best tips for the Fill T1X? I usually use foam medium/large. I never tried Spinfit, are those the best? Which model for these TWS?

I use modified foam tips (cut in half) and the medium tips that came with the buds.

Dec 14, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #17,285 of 62,122
So happy that I managed to 'revive' my newer set of Bose SSF!

I started by cleaning all the contacts and noticed that on the right side, one of the 5 (Five! Why actually so many?) pins that's supposed to spring up, is stuck in an all-the-way down position and hence cannot add its magic to the charging process.

The solution? Using the old charging box (from my previous set, one side bud died of other reasons) for the right side seems to be doing the trick! Not a portable solution, but I got both sides charged enough to successfully pair and reconnect (to new phone) and play music ...

So, anyone got any good idea how to get this stuck thingie out? (tried tweezers, but can't get a grip)

Try a little rubbing alcohol and a toothpick. See if pressing down lightly and wiggling it will allow the alcohol to wick inwards and free the stickyness.

You could also try wd40 or another penetrating lubricant (liquid wrench, pb blaster, etc). This I would pick up by wetting the toothpick so only a very small amount is used.

Dec 14, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #17,286 of 62,122
If I'm not mistaken, @hifi80sman once had them/similar rebranded one, and it's not very good?
Shame...because it does look cool
Yes, the CloudFox re-brand. They feel a little cheap and the sound is scratchy and sounds, well, cheap.

Dec 14, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #17,287 of 62,122
We have another cable optional model coming pretty soon 12/19 if on time for the black color...
61LE-bdX6fL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

71a2R-%2BliTL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Lifestyle-Bl...id=1576377691&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-32

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #17,288 of 62,122
So I received the 3rd revision of the L2Ps. Running 1.22 fw and I can safely say these are my endgame tws. The hiss is fixed and they also addressed the harsh nasty highs. They sounds phenomenal now. I’d recommend everyone go out and get these if you haven’t already.

Dec 14, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #17,289 of 62,122
So happy that I managed to 'revive' my newer set of Bose SSF!

I started by cleaning all the contacts and noticed that on the right side, one of the 5 (Five! Why actually so many?) pins that's supposed to spring up, is stuck in an all-the-way down position and hence cannot add its magic to the charging process.

The solution? Using the old charging box (from my previous set, one side bud died of other reasons) for the right side seems to be doing the trick! Not a portable solution, but I got both sides charged enough to successfully pair and reconnect (to new phone) and play music ...

So, anyone got any good idea how to get this stuck thingie out? (tried tweezers, but can't get a grip)

Try a little rubbing alcohol and a toothpick. See if pressing down lightly and wiggling it will allow the alcohol to wick inwards and free the stickyness.

You could also try wd40 or another penetrating lubricant (liquid wrench, pb blaster, etc). This I would pick up by wetting the toothpick so only a very small amount is used.

i wouldn't use oil based lubricant on electronics.. better to use fast evaporating electronic contact cleaners

Dec 14, 2019 at 10:13 PM Post #17,290 of 62,122
So I received the 3rd revision of the L2Ps. Running 1.22 fw and I can safely say these are my endgame tws. The hiss is fixed and they also addressed the harsh nasty highs. They sounds phenomenal now. I’d recommend everyone go out and get these if you haven’t already.
Provided you can find a good fit, which wasn’t my case at all.

Dec 14, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #17,291 of 62,122
yo @d3myz, have you had any connectivity or other problems w the NT01A? I'm thinking of getting them. Also, just curious but if you tried it, hows the mic quality? :)

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #17,293 of 62,122
Anker is the single worst company I have ever dealt with. Never gonna buy anything from it ever again.

I've ordered L2Pro from aliexpress official store on 11.11, received one from the first batch (defective batch I would say) with outstanding white noise. I still can't confirm a return. Anker support is just don't care about anyting.

Dec 15, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #17,294 of 62,122
@atmosfearz
Sounds really bad - hope they sort this out for you

Excellent! How did you know it's the 3rd revision? Does it have any markings on the label? Here is mine received a few days ago. Is yours different to this?

Attachments

• 20191215_081925.jpg
    20191215_081925.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back