Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 7, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #16,936 of 62,112
Most of you won't care for 90% of my music, but there are some really well produced tracks on this playlist of you care to listen. I tried to pick songs that really test the ability of the earbud. I'd love to hear some feedback and please feel free to share any tracks with me, I added a Meraba song from a member of the group to test over produced treble in vocals, it's seems to be a stupid trend in audio engineering with newer music.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3Fm0OCFpU0CluKtoFGN3N9

I did saved some tracks from there even if it's not my primary music genre :o2smile:

actually I think it would be nice when more people here would have a playlist link with fav songs somewhere in the profile. People who value good sound quality might also have a good taste in music :D

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #16,937 of 62,112
call me crazy, but i kinda prefer the sound of the older wf-1000x to the new one, except for the really top end treble (the older one seemed to be a bit rolled off at the very top)

Every time the 1000x are mentioned I dig them up again, give them a fresh charge and yes, marvel at the sound (for one of the very early TWS iterations, Sony nailed the sound and kudos at a first attempt of ANC)... and then I do a happy dance when I remember how little I paid for them ... and unlike both my Bose SSF, which apparently died of neglect (don't use for a few weeks at they commit battery suicide it appears), those Sonys are still going strong.

Dec 8, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #16,939 of 62,112
For those of you in the UK, there is a sale on the Soundcore Liberty 2's at £69 on amazon.co.uk (with £20 voucher off)
I bought these and received them but unfortunately they also have the dreaded 'hiss'. I contacted Anker so let's see.
Have any of you received the L2P Pros or these without hiss, as a replacement from Anker?
Still these have amazing sound at higher volumes but lower volumes and audiobooks it's very noticable to my ears

Dec 8, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #16,940 of 62,112
For those of you in the UK, there is a sale on the Soundcore Liberty 2's at £69 on amazon.co.uk (with £20 voucher off)
I bought these and received them but unfortunately they also have the dreaded 'hiss'. I contacted Anker so let's see.
Have any of you received the L2P Pros or these without hiss, as a replacement from Anker?
Still these have amazing sound at higher volumes but lower volumes and audiobooks it's very noticable to my ears

So so so much talk about the Soundcore Liberty 2 that I really start getting curious ... well, no easy sources for me, so I am safe :)
For those interested, the current deal on amazon.de is 150€ and then apply 25% off coupon ...

Dec 8, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #16,941 of 62,112
Eff Me! ANOTHER sale ALREADY?

I told wife that 11.11. was the last day (then Black Friday happened) ... so, what is this witchcraft???

anothersale.jpg

Dec 8, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #16,942 of 62,112
Just got the supposedly newest revision of the Liberty 2 Pros, firmware 1.17 out of the box

Hiss seems completely gone after a quick listen. I think they sound even better! I might prefer the stock EQ now. It's warmer and tames the sharper highs that some other EQs have, so with the hiss gone seems more balanced. Still great bass too :)
Did you get it as a replacement with Anker stating it was the THIRD version ?
I wonder if that 1.17 firmware would help v2 owners too....
Quick attempt at a recap :
v1 : stuck at 1.09
v2 : stuck at 1.15
v3 : shipped with 1.17

Dec 8, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #16,943 of 62,112
charging case mostly, its looks very cheaply made. Also have a bit of a problem with the FIIl logo covering the earphones.

Isn't that like 99% of tws have their logo covering the earphones? Haha. For the charging case, it only look cheap, but it is solid. Now tranya b530 case on the other hand...

Dec 8, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #16,945 of 62,112
Got the T1X last night and am enjoying it so far, but on Android, the app says the T1X controls aren't available for this app. Anyone else have issues on Android?

Yes its not supported yet on android unfortunately

Dec 8, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #16,947 of 62,112
There are a lot of sport style TWS earbuds out there, depending on what sport they are probably all better suited than over ear.
Maybe a bit more detail in your question helps us help you.
For me I.e. : I started with the Jabra Sound Sport Elite for running, these days I can easily rock the Apple AirPods Pro for every sporty occasion.

I need something that fits better than the LP2 and sounds good for rock, punk, and rap. $120 budget and being able to return if I don't like the fit is a plus. I use the elliptical, walk on the treadmill, and some weight machines...nothing too vigirous.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #16,948 of 62,112
Did you get it as a replacement with Anker stating it was the THIRD version ?
I wonder if that 1.17 firmware would help v2 owners too....
Quick attempt at a recap :
v1 : stuck at 1.09
v2 : stuck at 1.15
v3 : shipped with 1.17

I think your recap is probably right

They didn't confirm a 3rd version, just "newer" version. The box serial number label also calls out "Iteration 1" so maybe that's what the newest version will have to confirm. Hopeful that the second version can fix the hissing with the newest fw too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back