Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 4, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #16,681 of 62,073
My bank tends to run limited deals with selected stores a few times a year when paying with their MasterCard. They are running the deal this week, starting tomorrow (Thursday) until Saturday, with 20 % off everything at their selected stores.

One of the stores just received a pair of 75t's in stock today. Just reserved them for pickup tomorrow. Talk about luck!

That's a heck of a score! I'm sure I couldn't resist trying them for that price.

Dec 4, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #16,682 of 62,073
What EQ setting are you using ? I pulled up TPA in Tidal (studio version) and with the HearID (or Soundcore Signature) it sounds great TBH, the bass is not overblown at all to my ears. You could always try the "reduced bass" setting to see if it helps.

I tried everyone of the Soundcore EQ settings as well as HearID and could not get over the large amount of bass. And sorry, but before you say try a non-Soundcore EQ, I am not a big fan of EQ. If I had to open up a separate, non Soundcore EQ and pull up a specific EQ for each one of my IEM's, buds and cans it would drive me to distraction, because I would find that way too much work just to enjoy the music. I would much rather just find a IEM, bud or can that matches my prefered listening sound signature.

Dec 4, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #16,683 of 62,073
I ordered the L2P and sent them back immediately. Cannot fit them (and the more I am getting into IEMs the more I realize I have a serious fit issue - especially in my left ear). I ordered the APP. Expensive but at least by the looks of it they will fit.

Dec 4, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #16,684 of 62,073
The Cambridge have a HUGE nozzle that needs to be rammed down you ear canal to get a seal. Needless to say it's a painful experience, I sent mine back in a hurry. I didn't care much for the sound either, very warm and forget about the mics. Cambridge told me I had to check that the mic hole was positioned towards the bottom when inserting...right, like we have nothing else to do and with no other TW having that requirement...
Compared to that the L2Ps are a piece of cake to fit and do not have to be rammed down your ear canal so you can actually wear them for more than 15 minutes and not have sore ears the next day :wink: Like you I had fit issues with the stock tips but with the Final E LL it's ok now. It's a shallow fit and seal though. Won't work for noisy environments but I have the Echo Buds for that.
Yes the M1 TW phones have large sound tubes but some people’s ears (mine) are fine with them. I use the stock foam tips, no problem.

As for sound to my ears they compare favorably to the L2P, albeit with some minor EQ tweaks.

Consensus is a word that has no meaning on the TW thread. Or any other thread for that matter.

My point: If the CA phones fit your ear canals comfortably they do deliver very good sound. I don’t really handle calls with my TW phones, so that could be an issue for some. The Sony WH1000-M3 also is crappy for calls but sound great, trade off.

Dec 4, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #16,686 of 62,073
I ordered the L2P and sent them back immediately. Cannot fit them (and the more I am getting into IEMs the more I realize I have a serious fit issue - especially in my left ear). I ordered the APP. Expensive but at least by the looks of it they will fit.

It's not just your fit problems with the L2P, they are for a lot of people.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #16,687 of 62,073
What EQ setting are you using ? I pulled up TPA in Tidal (studio version) and with the HearID (or Soundcore Signature) it sounds great TBH, the bass is not overblown at all to my ears. You could always try the "reduced bass" setting to see if it helps.

BTW, did you listen to the TPA version on "Couldn't Stand The Weather"? That is the version where the bass is, I believe, a bit overdone.

Dec 4, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #16,688 of 62,073
I have the mw07 on the way. To those who have experience with both the L2P and mw07 how would you describe the differences between the two? And especially, I am hopeful the mw07's bass is more controlled and balanced with the mids and highs than the L2P.
I find the L2P can get a little sharp after a while, so basically what I mean, is although it sounds great, it can become fatiguing. I'd prefer a traditional EQ for the L2P to address some of the extremes, instead of presets. The MW07 on the other hand, is a bit more "natural" in the upper frequencies, although some people still say it's sharp. Personally, I'm a bit treble sensitive, and while I would certainly not describe them as piercing, I wouldn't say they are relaxed either.

To second @clerkpalmer analogy, the L2P are basically like the MW07 on steroids.

Dec 4, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #16,689 of 62,073
Accidentally bought the LP2s Sunday and paid full retail of 160. I have not received any email from them regarding shipping or anything. I will send them back as I don't wait to pay full price when you can generally get 40 bucks off.
They are currently $110 on amazon. I also have an unopened new pair that I got during their sale. If you or anyone is interested DM me. They are revision 1/ version 2 and I bought them directly from anker.

Dec 4, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #16,690 of 62,073
I find the L2P can get a little sharp after a while, so basically what I mean, is although it sounds great, it can become fatiguing. I'd prefer a traditional EQ for the L2P to address some of the extremes, instead of presets. The MW07 on the other hand, is a bit more "natural" in the upper frequencies, although some people still say it's sharp. Personally, I'm a bit treble sensitive, and while I would certainly not describe them as piercing, I wouldn't say they are relaxed either.

To second @clerkpalmer analogy, the L2P are basically like the MW07 on steroids.

Thanks, I can appreciate treble that some may say is a little "hot". That helps to overcome a bit of hearing loss in my 'old' ears. :k701smile:

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #16,691 of 62,073
Reading all these posts on the L2Ps and can definitely understand some people having fit issues, though they fit my ears perfectly. They are a bit bulky. For me sound wise they are not the most versatile set since they do have a somewhat loose, heavier, resonant bass that does not pair great with more subtle tracks, however for tracks that benefit from that type of bass there's no other TWS that I've tried so far that can give you that experience without bass becoming muddied or distorted. Regarding the highs on the L2Ps, I definitely get why those who are treble sensitive could have issues for certain tracks, however they also have some of the better detail retrieval on the market for that price and blow the APPs out of the water in this regard imo. I do think the Vocal Booster EQ setting in the app really helps control both the highs and the bass on the L2Ps so I highly recommend trying it.

I still think the MW07/MW07+ have the best bass and overall balanced and detailed sound I've heard in a TWS set. For me they're still at the top, but the price is obviously tough.

In other news, I have to say the Fiil T1X are actually pretty solid so far. Just received them today and really like the overall tonality of the mids and highs particularly for the price. Considering doing a shorter review and comparison to other TWS I have at the moment.

Dec 4, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #16,692 of 62,073
Reading all these posts on the L2Ps and can definitely understand some people having fit issues, though they fit my ears perfectly. They are a bit bulky. For me sound wise they are not the most versatile set since they do have a somewhat loose, heavier, resonant bass that does not pair great with more subtle tracks, however for tracks that benefit from that type of bass there's no other TWS that I've tried so far that can give you that experience without bass becoming muddied or distorted. Regarding the highs on the L2Ps, I definitely get why those who are treble sensitive could have issues for certain tracks, however they also have some of the better detail retrieval on the market for that price and blow the APPs out of the water in this regard imo. I do think the Vocal Booster EQ setting in the app really helps control both the highs and the bass on the L2Ps so I highly recommend trying it.

I still think the MW07/MW07+ have the best bass and overall balanced and detailed sound I've heard in a TWS set. For me they're still at the top, but the price is obviously tough.

In other news, I have to say the Fiil T1X are actually pretty solid so far. Just received them today and really like the overall tonality of the mids and highs particularly for the price. Considering doing a shorter review and comparison to other TWS I have at the moment.

Well put.

Dec 4, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #16,693 of 62,073
BTW, did you listen to the TPA version on "Couldn't Stand The Weather"? That is the version where the bass is, I believe, a bit overdone.

Listening to it now, bass is indeed a bit "much" with the "HearID"/"Signature" preset, still quite pleasant. More so than with "Bass Reduction" actually.
As for your previous comment about the hassle of having to deal with EQing rather than have the sound you like out of the box, sure, but for the L2Ps, it's a set and forget as it "sticks" once you close the app so that's fine by me and it makes perfect sense as they can cater to the various tastes out there. Where it's more problematic is for a TWE when there's no app and you have to fiddle with system wide or music player EQ settings. Actually we're pretty fortunate with "our" TWEs since wired IEMS don't allow for that kind of tuning, at least those I'm aware of.

Gave "Couldn't Stand The Weather" a try with the Echo Buds and it comes out very differently ! The bass is still there but does not "flood" the music. The soundstage (width and depth) is not as impressive too, you're not "in" the music. It's fine taken "separately" but coming after the L2P it's not quite as pleasing :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #16,694 of 62,073
I have the mw07 on the way. To those who have experience with both the L2P and mw07 how would you describe the differences between the two? And especially, I am hopeful the mw07's bass is more controlled and balanced with the mids and highs than the L2P.
It's Significantly more controlled and there is Significantly less of it. I like them, but I prefer the Sony's, Earfun Free, T1x. I just a/b tested them vs. the MW07. I'd buy the latter two over the MW07, However the MW07's mic for call is superb and I just used the short L2pro tips on the MW07 and it was a game changer, so much more bass. Still controlled and accurate but much better than the stock tips, still the mids are lacking that depth and they highs aren't thin, but thinner. The Earfun has better mids and good highs, they are rolled off, but still sound good they aren't as crisp as the MW07 or the T1x which on bass eq has more bass than both and better highs. I'm just really impressed wtih the T1x, if you turn the bass eq off, you an incredibly crisp and balanced sound and if you want to turn it up, the earfun maintains really nice detailed bass at higher volume. I'm sure that was way more than you asked for, sorry. :wink:

Dec 4, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #16,695 of 62,073
Listening to it now, bass is indeed a bit "much" with the "HearID"/"Signature" preset, still quite pleasant. More so than with "Bass Reduction" actually.
As for your previous comment about the hassle of having to deal with EQing rather than have the sound you like out of the box, sure, but for the L2Ps, it's a set and forget as it "sticks" once you close the app so that's fine by me and it makes perfect sense as they can cater to the various tastes out there. Where it's more problematic is for a TWE when there's no app and you have to fiddle with system wide or music player EQ settings. Actually we're pretty fortunate with "our" TWEs since wired IEMS don't allow for that kind of tuning, at least those I'm aware of.

Agreed. It is a wonderful innovative solution if you are able to find the setting that works, however, it is useless if one is unable to find a setting that conforms with one's tastes. I believe it has been said here before, but maybe if it had a regular EQ or Parametric EQ it would be more versatile and useful for more users.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back