Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 3, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #16,592 of 62,095
My APPs are on their way. No telling when they will be here but as soon as apple has them back in stock, they'll ship. Any better suggestions?
ATT has them in stock for immediate shipping. Or at least they did as of yesterday. Best Buy’s was quoting Friday for shipping.

Dec 3, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #16,595 of 62,095
So, I got a wild hair and pulled out the EarFun free and compared it to the MW07 and the T1x. You can call BS on this, but it sounds better than both. Great bass, excellent highs without being too thin, much better mids than the T1x. I still love the T1x and the app is great, there's an actual burn in for the headphones, it says it takes 3,000 min. lol lots of different stages of pink noise at diff. volumes etc. i'm going to try it. I'm glad I bought 2 pair of the Free, they are fantastic. No volume control, but hey My sony's don't really either. :grin:

Dec 3, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #16,596 of 62,095
So, I got a wild hair and pulled out the EarFun free and compared it to the MW07 and the T1x. You can call BS on this, but it sounds better than both. Great bass, excellent highs without being too thin, much better mids than the T1x. I still love the T1x and the app is great, there's an actual burn in for the headphones, it says it takes 3,000 min. lol lots of different stages of pink noise at diff. volumes etc. i'm going to try it. I'm glad I bought 2 pair of the Free, they are fantastic. No volume control, but hey My sony's don't really either. :grin:
If you don't mind a comparison between those and the SSK, Bomaker, Tronsmart Spunky if u have them? Earfun Free are pretty much the last ones on my list to try.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #16,597 of 62,095
Id you don't mind a comparison between those and the SSK, Bomaker, Tronsmart Spunky if u have them? Earfun Free are pretty much the last ones on my list to try.
Well, i've been listening to Erra for a couple hours with the Free, so they are excellent for metal. between the ssk and the free. I like the free better personally, but it has a more narrow sound stage and the the low mids are def more boosted and the free's thump more on the low end. It's really satisfying with heavy double kick. I also like the free better than the bomaker, but like i've said it's been months since i've heard it. i'll have them again on friday,but I remember them being sharp and clear and a little siblant with some thump. The free is very balanced to me slightly V shaped Get them dude, you won't regret it. I own two pair. and they have usb-c and wireless charging. The buttons are great easy to press. They are a little big, but it's never been an issue for me.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #16,599 of 62,095
Well, i've been listening to Erra for a couple hours with the Free, so they are excellent for metal. between the ssk and the free. I like the free better personally, but it has a more narrow sound stage and the the low mids are def more boosted and the free's thump more on the low end. It's really satisfying with heavy double kick. I also like the free better than the bomaker, but like i've said it's been months since i've heard it. i'll have them again on friday,but I remember them being sharp and clear and a little siblant with some thump. The free is very balanced to me slightly V shaped Get them dude, you won't regret it. I own two pair. and they have usb-c and wireless charging. The buttons are great easy to press. They are a little big, but it's never been an issue for me.
Thanks.

Dec 3, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #16,601 of 62,095
You want more bass find the tight seal with comply foam tips. They turned my anbes into rumbling rockets. Has anyone tried foam tips on the LP2? I'm keen to try but I'm scared of the fit and if they hold for running/workouts. The anbes sit so far in my ear canal they are perfect for anything, including sleeping (on my side). U kinda forget they are even there.
Has anyone tried the liberty air 2s? The design is more conducive to workouts

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #16,602 of 62,095
You want more bass find the tight seal with comply foam tips. They turned my anbes into rumbling rockets. Has anyone tried foam tips on the LP2? I'm keen to try but I'm scared of the fit and if they hold for running/workouts. The anbes sit so far in my ear canal they are perfect for anything, including sleeping (on my side). U kinda forget they are even there.
That is really strange to me. I've always heard foam tips reduces bass because they are porous and that the also recess treble, but you have my interest peaked. I need to get some and try them out. What kind would you recommend?

Dec 3, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #16,603 of 62,095

My LP2 seem louder and more bass heavy with foam tips but mine slip out of my ears when sweat is involved.

Dec 3, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #16,604 of 62,095
I prefer Comply Audio Pro foam tips with the L2P, no wings. I don't use them to work out, just walk at the most. They stay put, sound great. Also, I use them on the go, so listen to the 13,000+ tracks on my IP8 so I can EQ them without the app. That works for me. At home, I use the Sony WH1000X-M3 or the Blon 03 buds, no need for TW in-ears. Anyway, the Comply foams are a great match with the L2P. Had some money on an Amazon gift card, so ordered the Jabra 75t (based on HiFlight's posts). Interested to compare. I've owned the Sonys, the Senn MTW, etc. Not worth the extra money. Have the Cambridge Melomania 1 also, love them (but only with foam).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back