Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 18, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #15,721 of 62,008
For audio quality, has anyone noticed a difference depending on what you set your TWS earbud volume vs source volume at?

Eg: high earbud vol, low source vol
High source vol, low earbud vol
Mid vol on each
Ideally they should sync.
The galaxy buds sync their volume with my V30 for example, adjusting on the phone will actually adjust on the buds.

Nov 18, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #15,723 of 62,008
Nov 18, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #15,726 of 62,008
My LP2’s got an update. Didn’t have an issue with hiss before although when the volume was lowered there was a slight hiss, this slight hiss seems even slighter now with the update. Maybe it’s just me or I’ve managed a better seal today but they do seem louder. I’m really happy with these

Nov 18, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #15,728 of 62,008
Just got the L2Ps in hand! I’ll be testing them this week and will write a full review in a few days.

Nov 18, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #15,729 of 62,008
My initial impressions from yesterday:

"Some of my comments regarding the 75t:

Out of the box they will please a basshead, which I am not. I found mine needed an update to the firmware which took about 15 minutes using the excellent Jabra Sound+ app, the use of which I consider to be a necessity. I was able to quickly create an EQ curve that matched my listening preferences. Tonally, they still sounded somewhat off but I discovered that they were using the SBC codec. Switching to AAC improved the overall tonality and timbre considerably.
Overall, I am very pleased and consider them to be a definite upgrade to my 75t. Buttons are much easier to press than on the 75t and all controls are working flawlessly. Connectivity has been rock solid so far and the phones are extremely comfortable."

Without the use of the Sound+ app, I wouldn't have been able to tolerate the excessive bass, but is easy to use the app to create a custom preset that is remembered even without the use of the app. Do heed the prominent sticker that recommends first updating the firmware!
Also, after first device pairing, it is necessary to press each multifunction button simultaneously for 3 seconds to place them in the pairing mode again for each new device. The app is quite capable once you get familiar with its use.

good to hear that you dialed in the sound to your liking. Ironically the app saved the 65t's for me, else I would of returned them immediately.

Nov 18, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #15,730 of 62,008
My LP2’s got an update. Didn’t have an issue with hiss before although when the volume was lowered there was a slight hiss, this slight hiss seems even slighter now with the update. Maybe it’s just me or I’ve managed a better seal today but they do seem louder. I’m really happy with these
I just had Anker push me the 1.15 firmware update to my replacement model, it was stuck on 1.09. Not sure what it's going to do, but i'm very happy with them. The dilemma is I liked the my previous version that had more bass, but I like the additional clarity of the replacements. They def. sound different to me.

Nov 18, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #15,732 of 62,008
Just pulled the trigger on the Tranya Rimor. a they showed up on Amazon this morning. Miss a lot, I've been gone for a week or so. Has anyone done a hands on review of them yet?
Nope, you'll be the first! The one thing that I've been wondering the most, is does it REALLY have ANC (or ENC) to suppress ambient noise in general (not talking about the microphone)?

Other than that, they spec out well with a 10mm Titanium Driver, USB-C, full range touch controls, and maybe some kind of non-microphone noise cancellation. Realtek SoC, so likely just AAC, but as an iPhone user mainly (I still roll with Android for aptX, aptX HD, and LDAC), it's good enough. Plus, Apple AAC is really good.

Nov 18, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #15,733 of 62,008
I just had Anker push me the 1.15 firmware update to my replacement model, it was stuck on 1.09. Not sure what it's going to do, but i'm very happy with them. The dilemma is I liked the my previous version that had more bass, but I like the additional clarity of the replacements. They def. sound different to me.
Just updated mine to 1.15. No complaints. Much better than the 1st version and hiss is negligible. It's not dead silent, certainly mild, kind of like the mild white noise from good ANC implementation (obviously, the L2P don't have ANC).

Nov 18, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #15,735 of 62,008
My initial impressions from yesterday:

"Some of my comments regarding the 75t:

Out of the box they will please a basshead, which I am not. I found mine needed an update to the firmware which took about 15 minutes using the excellent Jabra Sound+ app, the use of which I consider to be a necessity. I was able to quickly create an EQ curve that matched my listening preferences. Tonally, they still sounded somewhat off but I discovered that they were using the SBC codec. Switching to AAC improved the overall tonality and timbre considerably.
Overall, I am very pleased and consider them to be a definite upgrade to my 75t. Buttons are much easier to press than on the 75t and all controls are working flawlessly. Connectivity has been rock solid so far and the phones are extremely comfortable."

Without the use of the Sound+ app, I wouldn't have been able to tolerate the excessive bass, but is easy to use the app to create a custom preset that is remembered even without the use of the app. Do heed the prominent sticker that recommends first updating the firmware!
Also, after first device pairing, it is necessary to press each multifunction button simultaneously for 3 seconds to place them in the pairing mode again for each new device. The app is quite capable once you get familiar with its use.
I luv the look of those, and looks like it smaller and fit better than the 65t. When I saw a video of voice quality comparison, 65t seemed lightly better. Too bad it doesn't let you use any earpiece, there is still the master and slave system. AirPods Pros work separetely, and even on Android.

If I can get the formfactor of 75t with ANC of Airpods Pro, I'm set. I don't like the look of Airpods with the stem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back