Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 14, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #15,496 of 62,111
ah, interesting. Just got the note 10 plus. I typically use a rooted Android phone to utilize viper4android. I am pleasantly surprised at how effective Samsung's Adapt Sound is! By the way, not sure why people knock the akg oem headset and rush to look for a tws replacement -- after eq'ing the akg's with Adapt Sound, they sound better most (all?) the TWS' out there.

Adaptive sound is ok, I use it with the AKG’s that came with the S10 plus, I got to agree the AKG’s do sound as good as the liberty pro 2’s, not better though and I haven’t tried any other truly wireless to compare them to.
I now use the Acoustic or Piano setting on the Liberty Pro, a more natural sound and for some reason a big volume boost.

Nov 14, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #15,497 of 62,111
Adaptive sound is ok, I use it with the AKG’s that came with the S10 plus, I got to agree the AKG’s do sound as good as the liberty pro 2’s, not better though and I haven’t tried any other truly wireless to compare them to.
I now use the Acoustic or Piano setting on the Liberty Pro, a more natural sound and for some reason a big volume boost.
Try setting the Soundcore eq to Flat and do the Adapt Sound hearing test. Samsung's implementation sounds way better to me so far!

Nov 14, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #15,498 of 62,111
OK, got the soundcore LP2 and have to agree with everyone else, that even at $100-150 hit above their cost. And the app is decent also. The standard sound mode isn't great and sort of boomy, but flat, lounge, and acoustic are OK. Acoustic is volume boost and somewhat flatter it seems. Overall they beat the MW07 Plus in my book. Just seem to cover every range of sound better and resolve things better. Only by a tiny bit and go a notch louder to boot... Which is probably better than ANC if you are OK at that volume.

Edit: Have noticed I can get clipping on LP2 when on acoustic mode so the volume boost is a bit much it seems, so probably not meant for loud volume so much to improve acoustic performances somehow?

Highs can still be harsh, but guess that could be addressed with one of the settings. Sony is still good, not as powerful and dynamic and like the ANC with customizable ambient, but just not as open or complete sounding and way more uncomfortable than LP2 and MW07 Plus. MTW really aren't bad, but stock tuning is not my cup of tea and were uncomfortable enough and silly enough about not always pairing up right away I just sorta excluded them early. With some EQ pretty sure the extra volume dynamics will out gun Shanling.

Still will keep Shanling and use a lot. They are most comfortable of all seem to pair well, ambient works soso, and have a more comfortable sound that is really not bad at the volume it can get too. The highs are a bit recessed, but only in the upper reaches where some of that sound can be harsh and not add a ton to the final sound of you just want comfort.

Don't want to take time to test battery life or really dig into all features... But will say lip sync on video, even youtube is good with the Sony. Rest can't get low enough latency seem synced on YouTube. Soundcore might be second by a bit over rest. Rest are pretty bad.

Anyhow will probably keep Shanling and Soundcore only. The price on the rest is just not justified. Really do wish Shanling had more volume, which sorta leaves me curious of their dynamic version.

Having owned both and returned/sold the Sony and the Senns (but not the MW07+) I am in agreement with you re the L2P. I wasn't thrilled with most of the presets in the EQ either. Didn't find the "custom" EQ option great either, so I use the jazz setting for any streaming (Amazon HD is the only one I have). When playing tracks on my iPhone in ALAC or lower bitrates (I am going to repeat myself here) I use a fantastic player/app, Kaiser Audio, which is available on the Apple App store. It's expensive, $10, as apps go, but it has a 20-band EQ and lots of other features. I have shaped the L2P sound to my personal preference and I have to say, I absolutely love them (especially at the $40 discount price).

And like you, I seem to need two pair of higher-end BT earphones, in my case the other one being the Cambridge Audio Melomania To me, they are almost equally fantastic (the L2P offers a bit wider soundstage) SQ-wise, but very different form factor. The M1s tend to get a bit annoying past 1.5-2 hours of use with their rather thick sound tube, while the L2P never get uncomfortable. Finally, I use foam tips with both (Comply T200 with the L2P and the CA foams (they sent me some extras and I bought a pack via a friend in the UK), so just happy to think my search is over. I know, eye rolls out there. But I really think I hit a sweet spot. And combined they cost less than $250.

I also have the Tranya BT phone (upgraded T1 version) too, and they are pretty good. Will use them now and then too.

Nov 14, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #15,501 of 62,111
Try setting the Soundcore eq to Flat and do the Adapt Sound hearing test. Samsung's implementation sounds way better to me so far!

Good to know. I'm embarrassed to say that I've owned some 4 or 5 Samsung phones over the years and this is the first time I've actually played with the Adapt Sound. In my defense, my setup with those phones was with either a ify idsd micro or oppo ha 2, so I wasn't really looking to improve sound from the phone.

Nov 14, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #15,502 of 62,111

hmm... I didn't need to hear that now. starting up a new job soon and got a signing bonus. wasn't thinking of spending any of that on tws earphones until all this talk of the L2Ps. damn you head-fiers! =)

Nov 14, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #15,503 of 62,111
Thanks, I own the QC30 and find them lacking in audio quality and they suffer from wind noise. So not sure I want to wait on the new model. But have to admit I like the new over ear model more than previous Bose headphones so they might surprise me.

What did you find lacking in the QC30, aside from the atrocious mic quality (never should of been allowed to go to market with that thing)?

I'm actually sitting in a Whole Foods with mine on and I've always thought there were pretty decent sound-wise. Interesting thing is, the Airpods Pro actually cut the noise here better than the Bose. I'm seeing some scenarios where the APP really shine with their ANC.

oh, another con = the neckback slides around all over the place. I can't really see anyone actually moving around with these on, but sitting stationary, they're good. Agreed on the wind noise when moving about.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #15,504 of 62,111
It's basically what Bose is going to do. Sadly, they are not launching in the US until January 2020. Will be available in China in a month or so I am told.
Bose... Never really liked any bose headphones... The clarity is always too bad. Would only recommend Bose headphones to people who only cares about noise cancelling.

Also I don't remember bose ever made good use of BA drivers...

Nov 14, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #15,506 of 62,111
What did you find lacking in the QC30, aside from the atrocious mic quality (never should of been allowed to go to market with that thing)?

I'm actually sitting in a Whole Foods with mine on and I've always thought there were pretty decent sound-wise. Interesting thing is, the Airpods Pro actually cut the noise here better than the Bose. I'm seeing some scenarios where the APP really shine with their ANC.

oh, another con = the neckback slides around all over the place. I can't really see anyone actually moving around with these on, but sitting stationary, they're good. Agreed on the wind noise when moving about.
I just found the audio to be to safe in regards to the signature so it never really engaged me. Also I hate their neck design too :).

Nov 14, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #15,507 of 62,111
Damn... just returned the Jabra 75t after like 15 minutes of use based on SQ alone. Some of the worst sounding tws I’ve tried in a while. Bass is boomy and completely artificial - basically sounds like you’re listening to a crappy subwoofer through a wall. I legitimately wanted to stop listening to them. The mids are also artificial sounding, and the highs are tinny, with no definition or crispiness, and when I put on the treble eq to reduce bass they became very harsh. I’m not gonna dignify these with a full review bc it would have been difficult to have to listen to these any more than I already have. Other than the awful sq, case is decent and the comfort is good. The hear through feature was mediocre and somehow made them sound even worse. Calls seemed alright but AirPods pro are way better. Actually the AirPods pro are so much better than these at every level it’s not even a fair comparison. But tbh that’s really not saying much. Overall, just an absolute no go from me.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #15,508 of 62,111
Damn... just returned the Jabra 75t after like 15 minutes of use based on SQ alone. Some of the worst sounding tws I’ve tried in a while. Bass is boomy and completely artificial - basically sounds like you’re listening to a crappy subwoofer through a wall. I legitimately wanted to stop listening to them. The mids are also artificial sounding, and the highs are tinny, with no definition or crisp, and when I put on the treble eq to reduce bass they became very harsh. I’m not gonna dignify these with a full review bc it would have been difficult to have to listen to these any more than I already have. Other than the awful sq, case is decent and the comfort is good. The hear through feature was mediocre and somehow made them sound even worse. Calls seemed alright but AirPods pro are way better. Actually the AirPods pro are so much better than these at every level it’s not even a fair comparison. But tbh that’s really not saying much. Overall, just an absolute no go from me.

This was the most predictable post of the year.

Nov 14, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #15,509 of 62,111
Well thanks TMA6, you just saved me from wasting my time on the 75T, I was more leaning to the L2P anyway but that is now 100% more certain.

Nov 14, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #15,510 of 62,111
hmm, it seems the 75T uses the same drivers but the better sealing means more bloated bass. I struggled to hear the bass on my 65t especially in noisy environments but sometimes I can hear it get bloated when the seal becomes optimal.. The mids had a forwardness that reminded me of ATH-E40 but lacked detail.

Anyone seen Klipsch T3? Looks similar to Aukey T10 in some ways.
https://www.klipsch.ca/products/t3-true-wireless-earphones

AptX and Qi charging, not sure about USB-C as the spec sheet mentions USB C on one part and microUSB another (they previously messed up the spec sheet with the S1 as well)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back