Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 8, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #15,136 of 61,383
I tried CP360 as well and liked the match. Sadly I gave m2 to my wife since my LG V30 had the default AAC issue that caused the dropouts in M2. Now that V30 defaults to AptX, I regretted to give them away. Sigh. Hopefully there is still m3 coming. Funny thing that when I visited my parent company in Stockholm, my colleagues there never heard of earin, and I haven't noticed anybody wearing them on the streets.
My Google Pixel 3 always seems to default to AAC which is fine. I can always go in to delopers options to change it but I generally just stick with the default.

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #15,138 of 61,383
Nov 8, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #15,140 of 61,383
How does the elite 65t compare to all these sub $75 options like ssk, m50, tevi etc? There is also some weird durability reports. Oh hell, this market is so over dumped, just look at soundpeats, they release an 'upgrade' every week with no modeling schema to follow

I really enjoyed my Elite 65t's when I first got them - they stay put, ambient mode, app - but they don't sound nearly as good as my MPOW T5's or my much beloved Astrotec S80 (which have become my daily driver).

I love the look of the new 75t's, but for all the improvements over the previous generation, I read that sound quality wasn't among them. The 65t's aren't bad by any stretch, but the aforementioned chi-fi sound better.

Nov 8, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #15,141 of 61,383
Nov 8, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #15,142 of 61,383
So I’ve had more time to test the liberty 2 pro’s, I worked outside with them on all day, I was dry stone walling so it’s pretty strenuous and you move a lot and these things never once felt uncomfortable or never felt like I needed to push them back in, didn’t have the wings on as they were causing pressure. As far as sound goes I’m really impressed at how something so small and Bluetooth can give such decent sound, the future of this kind of device is guaranteed. The only problem is i now wouldn’t mind trying some others to see how they sound and feel, I’ve recently just purchased the Dali on ears, the px7 for my wife and these, so this desire is not a good thing at all.
The only thing I don’t like about these is the look, looks like I’ve got two shiny beetles hanging out of my ears.

They do stick out unfortunately. On my ear they look like an old school Bluetooth earpiece lol .. But yes, I have similar experience with the comfort and fit. I had them in for ~5 hours straight a few days back while working and there was zero fatigue. Amazing really.. With the wings on.

They stay put during jump rope, will go for a run and see.

This means nothing tho , I am sure some people get a horrible fit

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #15,143 of 61,383
I really enjoyed my Elite 65t's when I first got them - they stay put, ambient mode, app - but they don't sound nearly as good as my MPOW T5's or my much beloved Astrotec S80 (which have become my daily driver).

I love the look of the new 75t's, but for all the improvements over the previous generation, I read that sound quality wasn't among them. The 65t's aren't bad by any stretch, but the aforementioned chi-fi sound better.
It looks like BestBuy has the all Black 75t available today in many locations. The look damn fine! Tempted, even though I know the sound is likely the same as the 65t (good, not great...socks, still on).
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/jabra-...-ear-headphones-black/6376030.p?skuId=6376030

Nov 8, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #15,144 of 61,383
I think I found a bug with the lp2 app on iOS .. Seems like the EQ settings get reset after you disconnect and reconnect again, so you have to go into the app and do it again :/

Nov 8, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #15,145 of 61,383
Rtings review of the APPs is out https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/apple/airpods-pro-truly-wireless
Not much to take away TBH, well at leat they managed to get a good seal this time, unlike with the WF-1000mx3s :wink:

@SilverEars I see that comparing this review vs. what we heard against the XM3s is pretty much on point

- more evenhanded, less wooly bass (XM3 notably thick in the upper bass, possible rest due to lack of seal under test)
- lower distortion
- more even treble

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2019 at 4:46 PM Post #15,146 of 61,383
2 annoying faults with my Airpods Pro:
1. "Hey Siri" doesn't work with mic. setting set to automatic or right. Have to set it manually to left to get Hey Siri to work.
2. When ANC is on, I get distortion in the left bud when I'm on the phone. Guess it's some feedback of my voice? And I guess it's on the left because I've manually set the mic to left to get the "Hey Siri" working?

I use an iPhone X with iOS 13.2.2, and the APP have the latest firmware.

Any others with similar experiences?

Nov 8, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #15,147 of 61,383
2 annoying faults with my Airpods Pro:
1. "Hey Siri" doesn't work with mic. setting set to automatic or right. Have to set it manually to left to get Hey Siri to work.
2. When ANC is on, I get distortion in the left bud when I'm on the phone. Guess it's some feedback of my voice? And I guess it's on the left because I've manually set the mic to left to get the "Hey Siri" working?

I use an iPhone X with iOS 13.2.2, and the APP have the latest firmware.

Any others with similar experiences?

I would exchange them. Absolutely no hissing from ANC here. It really is done flawlessly. In an extremely quiet environment, the only way I can tell what is on (meaning the mode) and what is not is how it sounds inner ear, if that makes sense? Not what the headphone is putting out but that sound or lack of coming in to the headphone.
And hey Siri works on either ear for me. I just tried as i had it set for right only but just tried the left.

Nov 8, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #15,148 of 61,383
I would exchange them. Absolutely no hissing from ANC here. It really is done flawlessly. In an extremely quiet environment, the only way I can tell what is on (meaning the mode) and what is not is how it sounds inner ear, if that makes sense? Not what the headphone is putting out but that sound or lack of coming in to the headphone.
And hey Siri works on either ear for me. I just tried as i had it set for right only but just tried the left.
There's no hiss.

When manually choosing the left mic in bluetooth settings, I get some occasional distortions in the left bud when I talk on the phone, with ANC on.
First I thought it was the silicone tip that made the sound because the mouth moves when talking, but it's not that. Completely quiet when ANC is off.

If I change it to the right mic in the settings, "Hey Siri" never works but the "distortions" in the left ear are not there either. (BTW, I tested the right mic when calling a friend just now, and it works flawlessly with phone calls.)

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #15,150 of 61,383
Wrong thread man :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back