Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 8, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #15,106 of 62,072
That's awesome!
I'm glad they are still showing some interest in this market, they have been out of stock for 5 months at least. My M2s are definitely one pair I would never sell. I hope there is a M3 as I would absolutely buy one.

Isn't fit/comfort a bit of a concern though , I did not manage to get a good fit with their clone, the Tiso i5, regardless of the tips I used. I'm guessing the foam eartips of the M2 do the job but are apparently not available as replacements ? Well they recommend Comply tips but on the Comply site people are complaining that they are not the same as the stock ones and don't work well...

As a side note, I could swear I read here the other day that the Earin website was for sale ? Or maybe it was that they M2 were no longer on sale :wink:

Nov 8, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #15,107 of 62,072
I'm really torn between MW07+ and Sony WF-1000XM3, the sound (after EQ Sony) are quite close. MW07 vocal is thicker and more emotional than Sony and plenty of bass, while Sony has more bass and at half a price in my country.

Nov 8, 2019 at 6:55 AM Post #15,109 of 62,072
I saw another ANC TWS in Aliexpress. Looks interesting, they have video demo on how the ANC perform.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000337162355.html

They say it also has APTX, but it uses Airoha chip..can anyone confirm that it's true it really supports APTX?

1481235595-1663697445.jpg

Nov 8, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #15,110 of 62,072
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Will try today to see if it gets any better.

Do you think these Comply buds add a ton of difference? Are they really worth?

Thanks,
I had some around from past uses, and I do prefer foam to silicone in general for sound and isolation. Plus, I think they feel more secure with foam, esp when not using the wings. Comply tips are not cheap, agree. But just my preference.

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #15,111 of 62,072
My Apple AirPod Pro arrived this week and I’ve had a few days to demo them. These are my first Airpods. My wife and kids have the prior models and enjoy them. They are not audiophiles obviously.
The mainstream reviews have been overwhelmingly complementary, and I am in agreement. The integration of the APP into an Apple ecosystem is a huge plus. Epitome of “Plug & Play”. That shear fact alone makes them very attractive.

Here are a few notes from my still VERY Newbie ears:

As Bartig wrote in his excellent comparison piece, pretty much everything sounds “better” than the APP. I’ve tried now maybe ten $50 ChiFi TWS and the APP are better than a few and not as good as others. The overall SS/SQ of, say, the MPOW T5, Bomaker SiFi, and SSK is better than AAP. But the APP are not bad...just not as detailed.
One surprise: these things have some BASS. You won’t be disappointed if you have missed bass on ChiFi.

The ANC: one word “awesome”. I have the Bose QC20, which arguably are the best in ear ANC device. I was able to compare these at home....and on an airplane flight this week! I’m going out on a limb and saying the APP are 88% as good as the QC20 in their ANC. Haha. Ok so I made that up. But, seriously, they are almost as good...and I mean VERY close. And they do that without the pressure sensation you get with the Bose. Amazing.

I did and do have a hard time getting a good seal with the large tips. I use the “seal test” and it takes me a few times to get a good seal. My ears are weird. Bu5 I’ll look forward to some aftermarket tip options.

Sorry if this isn’t particular about highs and mids and etc etc. I did send back my Soundcore L2P...because they hissed and because they were too big and awkward for me. But those sounded an order of magnitude better than the other TWS I’ve tried. But looking at the whole package, the APP are pretty sweet.

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #15,112 of 62,072
this is a review about the Soundpeats Truengine SE, it's in japanese, but he provides English captions, which is great

in essence he says the sound is more or less the same as the older soundpeats truengine, which as far as i know from reviews is not too great, at least compared to the Syllable version

I just tested and reviewed the SoundPEATS TrueEngine SE. It's a bass fest.

Nov 8, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #15,113 of 62,072
Nov 8, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #15,114 of 62,072
Nov 8, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #15,115 of 62,072
I just tested and reviewed the SoundPEATS TrueEngine SE. It's a bass fest.

Thanks for confirming, i would steer clear of this one then :ksc75smile:

That's a nice demo they're providing and their ANC sounds pretty efficient.
Indeed, but I'm still hesitant to try because of no reviews, as there's no chance of returning it if i don't like the sound. I found this selling it cheaper, but don't have experience purchasing from that site
https://mobilephonegift.com/product/mpg-bqc35-anc-tws-earbuds-active-noise-cancelling/

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #15,116 of 62,072
Jim’s review of the APP is as spot on as one can be. Even though he thinks the ANC of APP is better than the Sony WF1000m3. They way he describes good sound vs falling in love with your music again (for some otter brands) is well put. And that if you are using these for commuting or travel these are recommended where as some others are for pure listening experiences. That’s exactly what it boils down to, imo.

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #15,117 of 62,072
Out of curiosity I bought JVC spiral dots++ and put them on Nuarl nt01ax the other day. Man what a difference! The original spiral dots give a darker and richer sound with slight bass boost, whereas dots++ clear the mids and make the sound more fluid. A perfect match to nt01ax for my ears! They're expensive (~$36 for two pairs) but totally worth it.

Also I found that after my LG V30 updates to Android Pie, all my TWS default to Aptx instead of AAC as before. That's a great relief and I'm happy for a V50 upgrade.

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #15,119 of 62,072
Thanks for confirming, i would steer clear of this one then :ksc75smile:

Indeed, but I'm still hesitant to try because of no reviews, as there's no chance of returning it if i don't like the sound. I found this selling it cheaper, but don't have experience purchasing from that site
https://mobilephonegift.com/product/mpg-bqc35-anc-tws-earbuds-active-noise-cancelling/

Never heard of this site either but since you can pay with PayPal ($2.70 fee) I suppose it's not too risky. I'm not sure if they ship right away though or if it's at the end of the countdown?

Nov 8, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #15,120 of 62,072
Out of curiosity I bought JVC spiral dots++ and put them on Nuarl nt01ax the other day. Man what a difference! The original spiral dots give a darker and richer sound with slight bass boost, whereas dots++ clear the mids and make the sound more fluid. A perfect match to nt01ax for my ears! They're expensive (~$36 for two pairs) but totally worth it.

Also I found that after my LG V30 updates to Android Pie, all my TWS default to Aptx instead of AAC as before. That's a great relief and I'm happy for a V50 upgrade.
Dang, bro. I love spiral dots, didn't know about these ++'s I just searched and couldn't find them anywhere for cheaper than $60 for two pair. UGH. Where did you get yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back