Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 2, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #14,761 of 62,005
Not good for that. Apple or Jabra maybe. Others may have other thoughts. I dont use mine for calls generally.
Really? I have seen a couple reviews that say the mic is bad but most say it's good and a few that test it live seem to show a pretty decent mic.

So your experience shows otherwise. What is its biggest issue?

Nov 3, 2019 at 12:05 AM Post #14,762 of 62,005
Really? I have seen a couple reviews that say the mic is bad but most say it's good and a few that test it live seem to show a pretty decent mic.

So your experience shows otherwise. What is its biggest issue?
Just a few calls outside so maybe not ideal use case. They may be fine. Definitely check the reviews for this. As I mentioned it's not something I care about in a tws. having owned a ton of tws headsets, the pro 2 is my current favorite bang for your buck. I tend to go for the larger brands over chi fi.

Nov 3, 2019 at 1:24 AM Post #14,763 of 62,005
I got a pair of sennheiser momentum true wireless and sometimes when I power up something or get static from something I get this weird static in the earphones at the same time.

Anyone else that gets any weird sounds when you get a static electric shock from something? Got a handful of them when doing laundry the other night.. You know when your electrically loaded and touch something metal and there's a small lightning.. That's when the sound is In the earphones.

No one experienced this? If so I might need to send them back.

Nov 3, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #14,765 of 62,005
I have the Momentum TW and Absolutely no static
I put Comply tips on them because I prefer foam tips and they sound great

Thanks!

It's like there's electrical sound going through the earphones when I touch something with another electrical potential than me. And sometimes as said when powering something up, like a light. I thought it could be normal and it's the connection between the buds that's sensitive to electrical potential flaws.

Might send them back then. Thanks!

Nov 3, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #14,769 of 62,005
Let's start foam tips vs silicone tips. Yes, foam absorbs more sound (vs silicone that reflects it), but it also alters every headphone you give it and creates a darker tilt to the headphone. I absolutely hate this about foam tips, granted properly prepping the tips for insertion helps, it doesn't fix the issue entirely. If you prefer a darker sound, this will do it for just about any headphone. I'll agree that they are much more comfortable and isolate much better (thought it comes at a cost since they need to be replaced more readily than their silicone counterparts). In terms of SQ, foam absorbs mids and highs, silicone reflects, that internal ANC kind of minimizes both by just canceling it. All three will have their own effect on the SQ. What's best? Depends on your needs. Want something longer lasting, go silicone. Want more isolation, foam. Want a darker sound, foam. Want a brighter sound, silicone.

Sorry OT. Agree with this and that is why I don't like foam either. These are the tips I mostly use. The Symbio are a foam/silicone hybrid that gives you the comfort and seal of memory foam but retains a nice detailed sound of the silicone. Love them. I also use Final E series ear tips which are awesome for fit and sound. They always seal right away and even being silicone they do the least to color the sound, and are by far the most comfortable silicone tips I've ever tried. But do give the Symbio's a try, I think y'all will like them as well.

Also, one of the things I disliked about foams is the absolute need to squish them down to fit in your ear. It is best to do that with the Symbio's as well. But if you are in a hurry they can be pushed into your ear like you do with silicone, but it may not give the best fit. It goes without saying it helps to pull up on the helix of your ear during insertion.

https://theheadphonelist.com/mandarines-symbio-w-tips-review-silicone-with-an-orange-twist/

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #14,770 of 62,005
Sorry OT. Agree with this and that is why I don't like foam either. These are the tips I mostly use. The Symbio are a foam/silicone hybrid that gives you the comfort and seal of memory foam but retains a nice detailed sound of the silicone. Love them. I also use Final E series ear tips which are awesome for fit and sound. They always seal right away and even being silicone they do the least to color the sound. But do give the Symbio's a try, I think y'all will like them as well.

Also, one of the things I disliked about foams is the absolute need to squish them down to fit in your ear. It is best to do that with the Symbio's as well. But if you are in a hurry they can be pushed into your ear like you do with silicone, but it may not give the best fit. It goes without saying it helps to pull up on the helix of your ear during insertion.

https://theheadphonelist.com/mandarines-symbio-w-tips-review-silicone-with-an-orange-twist/

Any idea which model are best fitting for our various TWS??

Nov 3, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #14,771 of 62,005
Any idea which model are best fitting for our various TWS??

Not sure if you are talking about whether they fit in the case or not and I'm not sure about that.

I think the only place you can get the Symbio's is on eBay from garcs5522. If I'm not mistaken, I think he is active here on Head-Fi.

Not sure if the Final's fit in the case either.
I ordered mine directly from Final.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #14,773 of 62,005
Have not been here in a while. Could these SSK be an upgrade to my MpowT5? If not, with 11.11 in mind what would be for under 100 USD/Euros? cheers

Nov 3, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #14,774 of 62,005
Have not been here in a while. Could these SSK be an upgrade to my MpowT5? If not, with 11.11 in mind what would be for under 100 USD/Euros? cheers
I'd say "no", I found the fit of the SSK too small even though my ears are not particularly large, they would just float around and the seal would get broken. Also the soundstage was almost too large with my brain having issues (first time it happens) to build a continuous picture, sort of left a "gap" in the middle. I have neither of these problems with the T5/M5s. In terms of SQ it's just as "pleasing" for both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back