Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 19, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #13,786 of 62,029
IMHO yes, I have some ChiFi buds that blow my Sony SP700N out of the water ... but then again, this can be very subjective, depends on your preferences, which aspects are important.
Well, it does distort and drop when walking... and it’s my least comfortable pair of wireless earphones of all 60. But yeah - the sound is very clear and quite good. Only been listening to it for around 15 minutes so far though.

Sorry to hear about drop & distortion ... so far I don't have that, but tropical storms prevented me from doing long walks. As for comfort, I find that I fare better with tips that make the nozzle longer (then they don't fit in case anymore) .. with the supplied short tips, well, they tend to wiggle back out of my ear canal ...

Unrelated, looking over scarbir again I was reminded of the Anomoibuds Capsule, which were some of my earliest TWS based on your recommendation back then when you published on medium .. and they still rock! Still enjoying the sound and that tiny case form factor.

Oct 19, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #13,788 of 62,029
just received my TRANYA B530. out of the box compared with MPOW T5 (from memory, will test it side by side today)

using SBC "HD" (noticeable better than AAC)

- more balanced, nothing feels recessed like on T5 a bit
- plays (deep) bass without overpowering like T
- overall volume is right. Used T5 mostly 50-60% while the B530 60-70%
- sync to video is really well. not aptX LL but definitely better than T5 with aptX.
- so far really comfortable, better than T5
- case is nicer UX wise. much easier to take the buds out. also more pocketable compared to T5

I'll let them burn in for a while, before making final verdict. But so far, I prefer them (with SBC HD!) over the T5 with aptX. just a more natural sound.

PS: while writing this I'm listening to the B530s and with every minute they open up more and more :D

Oct 19, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #13,789 of 62,029
Nice find, there isn't much info about the Mifo O4 but in the YT videos I've found I can't see a mention of "ambient mode" so could these Ayakes indeed by Shanlings in hiding ?
I can confirm they do have ambient mode, although it's a very metallic sound. The paperwork in the box is branded Mifo 04.

Oct 19, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #13,790 of 62,029
How do you like them ? Bass, soundstage good ? Does the Ambient mode work well ? Thanks !
Hated them at first listen sou
How do you like them ? Bass, soundstage good ? Does the Ambient mode work well ? Thanks !
I like them, the got slightly less bass than the mpow t5, soundstage is quite narrow. Ambient not so great sounds metallic (Ambient mode really needs an app so you can lower or increase as the situation demands). Very comfortable hardly feel them after hours of use. No aptx, svc and aac, battery seems to last around 6hrs of use.

Oct 19, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #13,791 of 62,029
Thanks, so the "Ayake" are a Mifo rebrand, not a Shanling MTW100 rebrand, would have been too good to be true :wink:

just received my TRANYA B530. out of the box compared with MPOW T5 (from memory, will test it side by side today)

using SBC "HD" (noticeable better than AAC)

- more balanced, nothing feels recessed like on T5 a bit
- plays (deep) bass without overpowering like T
- overall volume is right. Used T5 mostly 50-60% while the B530 60-70%
- sync to video is really well. not aptX LL but definitely better than T5 with aptX.
- so far really comfortable, better than T5
- case is nicer UX wise. much easier to take the buds out. also more pocketable compared to T5

I'll let them burn in for a while, before making final verdict. But so far, I prefer them (with SBC HD!) over the T5 with aptX. just a more natural sound.

PS: while writing this I'm listening to the B530s and with every minute they open up more and more :D

Thanks for the report, do you have the Anbes 359 to compare them to ? Still wondering if the B530 are worth getting if one already has the Anbes/SSK/Letscom :wink:

Oct 19, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #13,792 of 62,029
Got the regular mifo 05 arriving today, Amazon offered a £30.00 discount last night, so i pulled the trigger at £39.97.

Oct 19, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #13,793 of 62,029
On an unrelated note, since I’m now done with the MW07+, I’ve been listening to the Soundcore Liberty 2 Pros for the last hour or so, and I have to say that, even with the “hiss,” these are the best TWEs (and some of the best earphones, period) I have ever heard. Incredible (melodic) bass, and incredible clarity. Of course, I have to send these back too because they randomly disconnect during phone calls (and voice memos), and I think there might be a related issue with the microphone quality — but I will definitely get a new (hopefully working) pair. They sound just that good.
Agree re the Liberty Pro 2. I had some pain with the wings that came on the phones after extended wear. I just took them off. Now, the LP2s feel less secure, but pain gone. They do stay in place. I also went with some bulby Comply foam tips, very nice combo. Lucky for me, no hiss and no dropouts so far.

Oct 19, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #13,795 of 62,029
I'm beginning to think I may hang in there with anker and do a warranty exchange rather than a return. They really do sound special. Unicorn magic perhaps. Interestingly Anker is now showing a one month delay for shipping due to high demand. I wonder if they are just fixing the hiss and not shipping anymore.

Oct 19, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #13,796 of 62,029
Thanks for the report, do you have the Anbes 359 to compare them to ? Still wondering if the B530 are worth getting if one already has the Anbes/SSK/Letscom :wink:

without having the Anbes 359, i would say no. simply even if the B530 are slightly better, I don't see a reason to have more than 1 pair of headphones of comparable quality.

I personally am 100% sold on TWS, and just wait for the right high end pair with at least aptX HD, to also get rid of the wired PC setup.

having only two pairs of TWS would be my dream. A pair for critical listening, which could be bigger. And a small portable pair for activitys. And the B530 fill the 2nd place quite well.

I still have to compare the MPOW T5 directly (have to wait until I meet my sister again) but so far after 2-3h playtime , I already like B530 more

Oct 19, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #13,799 of 62,029
so after some A/B testing between the TRANYA B530 vs MPOW T5 my quick & dirty conclusion is the following:

I would not sell either to get the other. "Quality" wise they are comparable.

B530 are just more open, more balanced signature. Better suited for more music genres whereas the T5 have (too) much bass which extends to much into low mids. T5 is more "tuned" for "mainstream" compressed music.

I feel like the DAC of the Qualcomm SoC in T5 is more detailed, but the B530 have better drivers. So the T5 can have sometimes a bit better background details.

Sync latency while Video playback is better on B530.

If you are on iOS, then get B530 since you are anyway limited to AAC 256kbit.

On android its not that simple. Custom ROMs often have SBC HD, which is comparable to aptX. But if you have stock firmware and don't want or can't flash a custom ROM, I would get the MPOW T5 because of aptX.

SBC HD is SBC in dual channel instead of joint stereo. So instead having only one "stream" with L/R inside, you have two SBC streams, one for each channel.

Now with android 10, I think that SBC "HD" is included now in developer settings (called simply dual channel)

SBC < AAC < aptX | SBC HD < aptX HD < LDAC | LHCD

in my personal case (SBC HD) the B530 are a slight upgrade over the T5 overall speaking

UPDATE: after more burn in time, they improved quite a bit. the soundstage is noticably better than on MPOW T5. the accuracy also improved a bit.

now i can fully recommend the TRANYA B530 over MPOW T5, even if you might miss out a bit on bitrate. but the overall experiance is better on B530

IMG_20191019_181607.jpg IMG_20191019_181632.jpg IMG_20191019_181648.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #13,800 of 62,029
I simply must know - what's the best compact flash light with a red led mode? You may have just ignited an itch in another person for the first time..

I'm enjoying the MW07+ sound quality so far. Admittedly more "neutral" than my ideal - want a bit more bass emphasis (but it is quality). I'm treble sensitive - so it gets me on me songs - but nothing a little eq won't fix.

I want a firmware update to make them louder - but it doesn seem like that's possible? I'd gladly trade battery life for 2 more volume notches.

I think that for many of you, given the impression I have of your music preferences - these will be a top notch TWS in SQ (and the go variant)

Ooph. Don't the MW07 already get abysmal battery life?

Very tough to answer that. Flashlights are just like headphones. Lots of options and objections/subjections. I am not up-to-date on red light/modes but you can look into the following three under $70 lights:
Nitecore SRT9 - You'll get a powerful white light with decent red light mode and UV light. - https://tinyurl.com/y28pzxnp
Photo Proton Pro - you'll get a navigationable light with red light mode - https://tinyurl.com/y5hnyn5r
Zebralight H502pr - They make some really nice lights - https://tinyurl.com/y633g3hl

and if you're feeling spending here are som $200 + options:

SureFire A2 LED - https://tinyurl.com/y2qt8fd8
HDS dark adoption red - https://tinyurl.com/yxr9p9t2

www.candlepowerforums.com
www.budgetlightforum.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back