Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 16, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #13,501 of 62,087
My God, look at how they don't fit his ears AT ALL!!! Almost the entire bud is sticking out of his ear :O :O
No wonder he hasn't enough bass, and they are moving around when he is jogging...
Maybe this is why some of you don't like them? You have the same abysmal fit?!?

WIth me these are tucked tight in place, pretty deep inside, with no movement at all!

Edit: I can see that fit could be a problem with the form factor of the Tevi, especially compared with the "snug" Anbes 359. I can actually sleep on the side with the 359s, without noticing them.

Well to be fair, The Tevi and T5 stick out of my ears if I don't turn them horizontally They also fit further out when I use my M/S spiral dots. You don't have to have an earbud shoved all the way in your canal to get a good seal. Like I've mentioned, I've used the same tips on both. If I were to give the bass of the Tevi a number it would be 3-4, compared to the bass of the T5 would be a 6-7. and the bass of the L2pro a 9. interestingly enough the L2pro does a really good job handling different bass frequencies so its' not all muddied and boomy. @BigZ12 you should check them out, i'd love to hear your thoughts.

Oct 16, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #13,502 of 62,087
What didn't you like about the sound? Seems like most reports have been very positive.

My impressions of the LPro2 are here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/goi...re-we-there-yet.861024/page-879#post-15237222

For me, they initially sounded promising (1000XM3 beating for me for sure). However, I started to notice that the mids were veiled/distant but with a peaky/compressed sounding treble spike and then roll off. It sounds to me like the crossover from the DD to BA is poorly handled and that the mids suffer and that everything in the vocal to hi-hat range all gets pushed together tonally and spatially and issued out of a tweeter.

My personal bias is to go for large DD over BA as I like the energy - but I can appreciate the clarity and benefits of a good BA - my particular LPro2 did not have that sound/clarity - a tweeter riding on a sea of bass.

This effect was less pronounced at quieter volumes, but once I heard it - it was like the Fedex arrow - I couldn't stop hearing it. I tried them for a few listening sessions - but when compared with my other setups, I can't bring myself to use them for even remotely critical listening.

I agree that overall the impressions have been much more positive - some I think is due to personal taste/ear/sensitivities etc - and some of it I'm wondering if it isn't poor tuning QC affecting my unit. :shrug:

Oct 16, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #13,504 of 62,087
Good day
I have been following this thread for quite a while now
I had purchased the Bose True Wireless and enjoyed the sound of them but my 16 year old son tried them and I haven't seen them since :)
So I ordered a pair of Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless and they should be here next week
Did all my research and feel that they will best suit my sound needs - country music (new and old) and 70's - 80's hits
I don't mind paying more for better sound
The charging issue doesn't bother me as I'll use them every evening at bedtime - music relaxes me and helps me get to sleep
I'm really looking forward to them
We'll see when they get here

Oct 16, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #13,505 of 62,087
Community Poll for those with the Liberty 2 Pro.

Those who are having issues with hiss, what device are you using? Android, Iphone etc? Using AptX or AAC?

I'd be interested to see if this is an issue caused by the type of phone or OS etc. I have an iPhone XS Max using AAC and my MBP using AptX and have no hiss. I've cranked the volume all the way up on audiobooks and 0 bit tracks like this one. without any white noise or hiss. Now if they'd just fix they garbage mic. I just left myself a message using my computer and the mic sounds awful.

Oct 16, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #13,506 of 62,087
SO much bluetooth...
Can someone please tell, what now its the best sounding bluetooth buds? i mean no lean,monitor sound. I mean quality fun, but again quality sound.
THANKS
What's your price range? If you search this thread using they key word Top, top 5, top 10 etc. you'll pull up some of the best ones. I like the Anbes 359/SSK BT03, Mpow T5, Tranya T3, BT530, Lystar J29, and the Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro. the L2pro is probably the highest quality all around and def. the most expensive I own, but they lack some mid range whereas the 359 is more balanced, but really fun sounding. the T5 has very boosted mids, but still sounds fantastic. "best sounding" is a relative term and highly subjective.

Oct 16, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #13,507 of 62,087
Hum... whenever I see people say these "lack bass" the first thing that comes to mind is either they have a bad seal, or they are used to bass oriented earphones. I use the Tevi a lot, mainly with metal / hard rock and they don't lack bass at all. Also phone calls with my other half, she didn't even know I was using the Tevi as the sound was crystal clear and I was walking outside to the shops.

As the review states so-so passive isolation, this pretty much confirms my thoughts on the poor seal theory. They isolate as well as most dynamic driver IEM's, but not as well as fully sealed BA models.

Oh well, they do have a more neutral sound that some people just won't enjoy.

It is hard to get bass out of an earbud so 'bass oriented' is unlikely in most models. That said, it sounds like you might be in the group that is a bit anti-bass. Music was never intended to be listened to by the artist using a neutral sound profile. Go to any concert and you will hear how the artist intended their song to be heard, and it is often heavy on the bass. Music on albums is not recorded more neutral because that is how it was intended to be listened to (certain instruments should overpower the others) but because there are a number of different ways to tune and speakers out there that greatly impact the sound signature and tuning it too heavy one way or the other could greatly impact the sound of the music on a given device. All that said, much like wine, there is no right answer, if it tastes good drink it.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #13,508 of 62,087
I just "sold" my Mpow T5 to my sister (her Tiso i5 "lost" max volume. on another pair of i5 from my mother, the left bud lost some volume too. Tiso send new left bud which "fixed" the issue)

The point is, I need new headphones which are at least as good as the MPOW T5. And the TRN T200 looked good. But since there are no reviews here, I didn't wanted to buy a cat in a sack (like I did with KZ T1. I "gifted" them to a friend xD)

But I found some reviews of the T200 on taobao (through the official TRN T200 webpage)

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...3d093cZAcTl&id=604024627999&scene=taobao_shop

And what I got from the translator didn't sound as promising as I hoped it to be. Seems to be "good" for the price. But not awesome :/

So I'll better wait till some of you who have already ordered it, to give some feedback if they are worth it compared to MPOW T5

EDIT: btw the Tiso i5 have by far the best overall physical design. ultra compact case and small headphones. i wish there would a a "Pro" version with some high quality micro DD and aptX (or better)

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #13,509 of 62,087
Google just revealed their new Pixel Buds 2 today.

Honestly, they look pretty darn good and have an nice small case.

There's no info yet on how they sound. They are supposed to have 'three rooms' worth of range. They promise 5 hours of battery life (fairly short) and 24 hours in the case. The battery life will likely be a dealbreaker for me, but I really like the size of these so who knows.

They won't be out till next spring regardless.

Oct 16, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #13,510 of 62,087
I just "sold" my Mpow T5 to my sister (her Tiso i5 "lost" max volume. on another pair of i5 from my mother, the left bud lost some volume too. Tiso send new left bud which "fixed" the issue)

The point is, I need new headphones which are at least as good as the MPOW T5. And the TRN T200 looked good. But since there are no reviews here, I didn't wanted to buy a cat in a sack (like I did with KZ T1. I "gifted" them to a friend xD)

But I found some reviews of the T200 on taobao (through the official TRN T200 webpage)

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...3d093cZAcTl&id=604024627999&scene=taobao_shop

And what I got from the translator didn't sound as promising as I hoped it to be. Seems to be "good" for the price. But not awesome :/

So I'll better wait till some of you who have already ordered it, to give some feedback if they are worth it compared to MPOW T5

EDIT: btw the Tiso i5 have by far the best overall physical design. ultra compact case and small headphones. i wish there would a a "Pro" version with some high quality micro DD and aptX (or better)
If you like the T5, I think you'd really like the Tranya B530. I think it edges it out in SQ and comfort. The case is smaller (at least in height) than the T5.

Oct 16, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #13,511 of 62,087
Oct 16, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #13,512 of 62,087
What's your price range? If you search this thread using they key word Top, top 5, top 10 etc. you'll pull up some of the best ones. I like the Anbes 359/SSK BT03, Mpow T5, Tranya T3, BT530, Lystar J29, and the Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro. the L2pro is probably the highest quality all around and def. the most expensive I own, but they lack some mid range whereas the 359 is more balanced, but really fun sounding. the T5 has very boosted mids, but still sounds fantastic. "best sounding" is a relative term and highly subjective.
All prices. I think from 100 to 200$

Oct 16, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #13,513 of 62,087
I don't remember who was talking up these Auvio eartips from Radio Shack but these are fantastic. Thank you for the recommendation!

Oct 16, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #13,514 of 62,087
Community Poll for those with the Liberty 2 Pro.

Those who are having issues with hiss, what device are you using? Android, Iphone etc? Using AptX or AAC?

I'd be interested to see if this is an issue caused by the type of phone or OS etc. I have an iPhone XS Max using AAC and my MBP using AptX and have no hiss. I've cranked the volume all the way up on audiobooks and 0 bit tracks like this one. without any white noise or hiss. Now if they'd just fix they garbage mic. I just left myself a message using my computer and the mic sounds awful.
Just listened to the L2 Pro OOB and didn't hear a peep re hiss, silence was golden. I do have to EQ them a bit using the 20-band EQ on Kaiser Audio app (have not installed the Anker app yet), to shape the sound a bit to my tastes (no audiophile here). I don't use any BT phones for critical listening-type sound, I have wired phones for that. I just wanted very good sound in a comfortable BT TW phone, and I think the L2 Pro may be the ticket, along with the Cambridge Melomania 1 I have had for a few months. I tried some lower cost TW ChiFi phones (still have Tranya T1 and a $29 pair of QCY TW buds) and while pretty good. not on the same level as the M1s or L2 Pro for me.

As for calls, I guess I am more old school (boring, I know) when it comes to the phone. I either don't take calls when out and about using TW phones, unless it's a close family member, or I take the bud out of my ear and use the phone itself. I am going to call my wife and see what she thinks of the clarity. But not a deal breaker for me.

Update: I just called her and she said while my voice was a bit "hollow" sound was was crisp and clear. Guess that ends it for me in terms of that issue.

I have an iPhone 8+ with 13.1.3 iOS (which was just released), which means I am using AAC. Either the L2 Pro is perfect with iOS/Apple or my ears suck: A win-win in either case.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #13,515 of 62,087
It is hard to get bass out of an earbud so 'bass oriented' is unlikely in most models. That said, it sounds like you might be in the group that is a bit anti-bass. Music was never intended to be listened to by the artist using a neutral sound profile. Go to any concert and you will hear how the artist intended their song to be heard, and it is often heavy on the bass. Music on albums is not recorded more neutral because that is how it was intended to be listened to (certain instruments should overpower the others) but because there are a number of different ways to tune and speakers out there that greatly impact the sound signature and tuning it too heavy one way or the other could greatly impact the sound of the music on a given device. All that said, much like wine, there is no right answer, if it tastes good drink it.

I totally agree. When I was apprenticing at a studio, then engineer told me the way to tell a good mix is to turn the volume all the way down then bump it up slowly. The first thing you should hear is the snare drum, then the vocals, then the guitars and the bass guitar should be the same volume as the guitars etc. I find that's still true with a lot of songs I consider to be mixed well. Neutral or flat sound is what I always wanted when I was using IEM's for drumming on stage. It was more important for me to hear everything equally. I needed to hear the tones and attack, of my kick and the bass guitar not the sub bass or boom etc. When I listen to music for enjoyment that's a totally different story. they Tevi's sound great for clarity, they do have a little bass, but they are not balanced, which is really good if you are bass averse. To me they just aren't just not enjoyable, like say the 359's, T5's, and the L2pro's. I also agree. The most important is not what anyone else's opinion is, it's your own and what you enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back