Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 13, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #13,351 of 62,025
There's a new version of the YTOM-T1 (variant of Wavefun X-Pods) with a Wireless Charging case.

C$ 45.81 51%OFF | YTOM T1 Pro APTX TWS Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Earphone Earbuds With Wilress Charging Function TYPE C Super Bass HD Mic Headset
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/t6PJfIW8

How do these sound compared to the anbes 359 and tranya t3? These are my favorites right now and 30.00 is always my budget for tw chfi. Any anbes 359 killers in this price range? Love the sound sigs of my anbes and tranya.also the fit in my ears are awesome!

Oct 13, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #13,352 of 62,025
Looks like a few more clones of the Anbes are starting to pop up. This time in a grey and black color scheme. Take a look at them here and here on amazon. According to this Alibaba page, they seem to be the same variant as the SSK, notice the grey/black model on the same page as the white/orange model. Furthermore, looks like a QCC 3020 variant will be arriving soon (as someone on this thread previously mentioned) as the BE30Q. Manufacture/seller is Dogo.

Oct 13, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #13,353 of 62,025
Thank you!
But as I've learned since I was bit by the TWS bug, it's difficult (and dangerous as I wrote in the post you replied to) to recommend tips to others.
I have also tried a lot of tips since then, and I don't know if the Comply Truegrip is the best to go for now.
If you like foam, and you're a typical medium sized silicone tip user, I guess you will like them regardless.

Oct 13, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #13,355 of 62,025
Best Buy has the Powerbeats Pro for $200 this week. I think I may pick these up instead of the MW07+. I really think the fit of the MW07+ will be the same as the 1st and it wont fit my right ear correctly.

I have been tempted all week to pick them up! I am just so afraid they’ll disappoint compared to my BT20s + Westone UM Pro 30. They are my current go-to training pair. Still, I love the moss green Powerbeats.

If you do pick them up, I’d love to hear your thoughts on the sound.

Oct 13, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #13,356 of 62,025
I have been tempted all week to pick them up! I am just so afraid they’ll disappoint compared to my BT20s + Westone UM Pro 30. They are my current go-to training pair. Still, I love the moss green Powerbeats.

If you do pick them up, I’d love to hear your thoughts on the sound.
I doubt they'll be better than what you listed above but they will be different and from what I heard, very reliable.
I also want them as I have a iPod touch that seldomly gets used and want to use more.

Oct 13, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #13,357 of 62,025
Looks like a few more clones of the Anbes are starting to pop up. This time in a grey and black color scheme. Take a look at them here and here on amazon. According to this Alibaba page, they seem to be the same variant as the SSK, notice the grey/black model on the same page as the white/orange model. Furthermore, looks like a QCC 3020 variant will be arriving soon (as someone on this thread previously mentioned) as the BE30Q. Manufacture/seller is Dogo.

This had me curious about the QCC3020 ones so I looked them up on Alibaba. Looks like they are essentially just looking for the first takers to brand/market this version probably. Looks to have better button design that isn't thin rubber and metal or harder plastic or maybe capacitive. Don't claim touch though so suspect it's just a change to try and get the button to last better and I guess maybe make it more clear it's the Qualcomm one. These chinese firms happy to make and iterate little widgets and sell them unbranded/unmarketed in bulk at commodity sorta margins when they are still a fresh and not super mature tech other huge firms are trying to boast about with crazy branding and markups fascinate me.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...spm=a2700.supplier-normal.35.9.41c84926CcfoGF

BTW, they will sell you a single sample for $18+whatever you can get them to agree to for shipping also.

Oct 13, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #13,358 of 62,025
My thoughts after 3 days using Liberty 2 Pros:

+ Very good sound, not with stock tips, though.
Beautiful case, compact and I love how the cover works.
Super comfy with right tips and wings.
Love physical buttons on the top of earphones, easy to press.

- Isolation is so so, definitely not for the noisy bus or train commute.
Battery usage info in the app doesn't have percentage

For $99 it'd definitely the keeper.

Oct 13, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #13,359 of 62,025
Screenshot_20191013-171501.jpg
From this screenshot off the Lypertek website, it has TWS+, and I know that, at least on an iPhone’s BT Settings screen, you will see the Tevi L or R, but only one will be seen as connected. I suspect whichever ear bud was taken out of the charging case first and hence connected first. Does this mean that for those TWS earbuds where L and R are not shown separately, it is only plain vanilla TWS (master/slave type) and the BT signal is being blasted through one’s head from the master earbud to the slave earbud?
TWS+ in not a codec that iPhones handle. Not even most Android s. Here is what you need to see in your device for TWS+

Oct 13, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #13,360 of 62,025
Those of you with the Lypertek Tevi, has anyone used them connected to a PC to test audio latency on Youtube or VLC?

Oct 13, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #13,361 of 62,025
My thoughts after 3 days using Liberty 2 Pros:

+ Very good sound, not with stock tips, though.
Beautiful case, compact and I love how the cover works.
Super comfy with right tips and wings.
Love physical buttons on the top of earphones, easy to press.

- Isolation is so so, definitely not for the noisy bus or train commute.
Battery usage info in the app doesn't have percentage

For $99 it'd definitely the keeper.

What tips are you using??

Oct 13, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #13,362 of 62,025
Not sure, some old celicon tips I found in my drawer. They came with one of TWS I bought before.

Oct 13, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #13,364 of 62,025
This had me curious about the QCC3020 ones so I looked them up on Alibaba. Looks like they are essentially just looking for the first takers to brand/market this version probably. Looks to have better button design that isn't thin rubber and metal or harder plastic or maybe capacitive. Don't claim touch though so suspect it's just a change to try and get the button to last better and I guess maybe make it more clear it's the Qualcomm one. These chinese firms happy to make and iterate little widgets and sell them unbranded/unmarketed in bulk at commodity sorta margins when they are still a fresh and not super mature tech other huge firms are trying to boast about with crazy branding and markups fascinate me.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...spm=a2700.supplier-normal.35.9.41c84926CcfoGF

BTW, they will sell you a single sample for $18+whatever you can get them to agree to for shipping also.

Is Smart the same company as DOGO or are they different companies manufacturing the same thing? Dogo previously inquired me about getting a few things shipped but it seemed they wanted them in bulk.

Would have been golden if they had added Qi charging to the case. I just hope it's not the same a Kanoe, and I'm curious whether they support a PD charging connection (the Anbes 359/BE30 does not). Those fake Type C USB2.0 connections on cheap TWS are about to become useless a Google requires PD compliance for new phones and manufacturers bundle PD chargers instead of Type A.

PSA:
Found a ‘too good to be true’ deal on the Whizzer B6. 36.21$ after coupons. Firmly expecting slow as sedated snail shipping and possibly ending in dispute. But hey ... if anyone wants to take the plunge :wink:
I thought I saw it under 55$ CAD or 41$ USD a few day ago, not sure if it was the same seller but that name does sound familiar. I'm wondering whether Whizzer is tuned differently than the other B6's and if ALL of them support AAC or not.

EDIT: It was this store. There's ePacket for 3$ so it should only take ~10-14 days to Canada.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #13,365 of 62,025
Is Smart the same company as DOGO or are they different companies manufacturing the same thing? Dogo previously inquired me about getting a few things shipped but it seemed they wanted them in bulk.

Would have been golden if they had added Qi charging to the case. I just hope it's not the same a Kanoe, and I'm curious whether they support a PD charging connection (the Anbes 359/BE30 does not). Those fake Type C USB2.0 connections on cheap TWS are about to become useless a Google requires PD compliance for new phones and manufacturers bundle PD chargers instead of Type A.

I thought I saw it under 55$ CAD or 41$ USD a few day ago, not sure if it was the same seller but that name does sound familiar. I'm wondering whether Whizzer is tuned differently than the other B6's and if ALL of them support AAC or not.

EDIT: It was this store. There's ePacket for 3$ so it should only take ~10-14 days to Canada.
Is something wrong with the Kanoe? I just ordered them...should I cancel?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back