Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 5, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #12,976 of 62,069
I agree. Best $20 I’ve spent in a while.

Between the QCY QS1, SSK, and TRN BT20 (in 2-pin and mmcx), I’m totally happy with my TW earphones and honestly have no desire to keep hunting for better ones.

When I’m in a bass head mood, I use the QS1. When I want more balanced sound with large soundstage, I have the SSK. And for any other mood, I can plug everything else I own into the BT20.

agree totally on your combo in general. But it is not about ‘hunting for better ones’. It’s in general the fun of the hunt ... and ‘more’ :wink:

Oct 6, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #12,978 of 62,069

I got a pleasant surprise in the mail today. These are the Lasuney True wireless buds. No kickstarter, no celebrity endorsement, no internet buzz, and not even from a known brand. These are sounding pretty damn good to me. They beat my Lenovo HT10s in everything from soundstage, imaging, and clarity. They use the same QCC3020 chip so it's an apples-to-apples comparison with the Lenovo only winning in bass. Form factor will take some time getting used to since these are my first Airpod style with a stick hanging down and out of my ear. Oh, and did I mention usb-c?

They're not available in EU market :frowning2:

Oct 6, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #12,980 of 62,069
fully admit I’m a bit of a KZ fan boy, but they release so many things I’ve lost track ... what’s this neck band they have?

i have pre-ordered the KZ E10 in hoping it’s a TWS ZS10 pro ... but perhaps this neckband might be another nice solution

It's the KZ Aptx HD CSR8675 Bluetooth Module not seen much reviews but like my RHA neckband so thought it was worth trying for the price. Not about the behind ear style TWS but those KZ E10 look pretty nice. Tempting to buy them all, must resist or at least wait for my 2 on order to arrive first.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #12,982 of 62,069
I wonder if any of you could help me with which true wireless in ear headphone to get...
I own many wired and wireless sets but for daily practical use on public transport, bike, walking, office, I almost always end up using my £14.99 Koohoo E2...

I prefer the sound of my RHA T20i but hate the 'over the ear' design, I just can't get into it plus it's a pain to remove and reinsert in the office or whenever you need to speak with someone..
I have thought about getting a Dragonfly Red but have got so used to using bluetooth IEM's that I just want a cable free solution that sounds amazing.

My favourite wired sound signature comes from my Sennheiser HD600's paired with my Oppo HA2-SE DAC and I would like to get as close as realistically possible to this kind of sound from a true wireless IEM.
I also own a pair of Oppo PM-3's but prefer the sound and the airiness of the HD600's. The HD 600's stay at home, unfortunately, which is why I am looking for a mobile solution.

I listen to all kinds of music with Spotify Premium and Amazon Music HD, streamed via desktop or my iPhone XS Max, mainly jazzy, vocal, big beat, funky, electronic kind of music.
I would really appreciate any real world experience recommendations, price is not an issue, sound quality is, but saying that, under £250 would be great. I live in the UK..

I have read a lot of this thread and have no experience of the following products but they seem to tick my boxes - any feedback much appreciated...
1. Lypertek Tevi True Wireless In Ear
2. Jaybird Vista True Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
3. Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 True Wireless Earbuds

Thanks.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #12,983 of 62,069
Did we see this yet? Another "big name" doing a TWS...
1.jpg

3.jpg

Crowdfunding Noble Audio, falcon is the first fully wireless earphone.
"Wired equivalent sound quality" with new driver. General sales are scheduled for the end of October.
but the expected selling price is 16,800 yen (excluding tax), and courses are available for free in the return of the project.

FALCON Noble Audio's first fully wireless earphone, the first U.S. earphone brand. The issues that products of this genre should solve are "easy to disconnect," "poor sound quality," and "difficult to use", and "after negotiations with a number of suppliers and sample evaluations,

We have succeeded in developing fully wireless earphones with excellent
stability, and we have implemented sound quality tuning of fully wireless earphones with the goal of achieving the same sound quality as wired earphones. Qualcomm's QCC3020 is used as a Qualcomm SoC, and the Bluetooth codec supports SBC, AAC and aptX.

In addition, since it supports TrueWireless Stereo Plus-TWS+, which transmits data to each left and right earphones, it is possible to connect independently to the left and right in combination with compatible smartphones. In addition, the antenna design technology "High Precision
Connect Technology" that is optimized for bluetooth band is adopted, and it is extremely difficult to cut even in the situation where there is a lot of radio interference such as a crowded station premises,

It has a high connection stability design. "Dual-layered Carbon Driver" describes the driver as "a driver with a new structure that overcomes the shortcomings of graphene drivers." Driver". It has a special two-layer structure with a carbon fiber layer on top of the driver's resin layer, reducing distortion to about 1/2 compared to conventional graphene based drivers.
from twitter
2019-10-06 13.51.59 twitter.com b54dca1d26a3.png

Oct 6, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #12,984 of 62,069
Just pull a trigger on a cheap AptX TWS - Tronsmart Spunky Beat, 25 USD is quite a bargain:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000196615631.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.31824c4d2DrToH
Those look very interesting!! And for that price, I think I will go for it.
But; "One-touch Control - Intuitive touch control lets you activate all features with just a tap on the earbud. No need to reach for your phone."?!? There's no volume control... so how can they say that?

Oct 6, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #12,985 of 62,069
But; "One-touch Control - Intuitive touch control lets you activate all features with just a tap on the earbud. No need to reach for your phone."?!? There's no volume control... so how can they say that?

I assume it's like the KZ and other TWs - volume controlled via something like double or triple tapping the right bud for up and left bud for down, or maybe long pressing and holding for volume control, etc.

Regardless, while I appreciate manufacturers giving us volume control on these earphones, I personally think controlling volume on TWs with all of the tapping and holding is a PITA. I can press the volume on the side of my phone with 1 press. I don't have to remember which earphone side is volume up, which side is volume down, etc.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #12,986 of 62,069

“No need to reach for your phone” to control the features we allow you to control by touch!!:smile_phones:

Can you call for Siri to increase/decrease volume?

Oct 6, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #12,987 of 62,069
Just thought I would drop a mention of the Back Bay Duet 50 TWS...I have been impressed with these since my first listen. Small, long playtime, AptX, overall excellent quality for a $45 device. Sound is expansive, tonally well-balanced. Vocals on the Duet 50 sound surprisingly realistic. Customer service is excellent from the US-based company. Check them out!

Oct 6, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #12,988 of 62,069

I got a pleasant surprise in the mail today. These are the Lasuney True wireless buds. No kickstarter, no celebrity endorsement, no internet buzz, and not even from a known brand. These are sounding pretty damn good to me. They beat my Lenovo HT10s in everything from soundstage, imaging, and clarity. They use the same QCC3020 chip so it's an apples-to-apples comparison with the Lenovo only winning in bass. Form factor will take some time getting used to since these are my first Airpod style with a stick hanging down and out of my ear. Oh, and did I mention usb-c?
What level of noise isolation do they provide?

Oct 6, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #12,989 of 62,069
The more i watch this thread, the more I learn about unknown models/brands that are way cheaper than the "famous" brand......
Amazon has tons of them, with a lot under $50
What I'm looking for is a true wireless earbuds able to "compete" with my current RHA MA750i, which I like for the sound quality but also for it noise isolation (can watch a movie from my tablet in a plane with no issue....)
Any recommendations?

Oct 6, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #12,990 of 62,069
quick update here on IEM that works well with the BT20S : Blon BL03, reeeally small hiss, sounds great, and fit great, well, after adjusting the cable a bit, of course. pairing with BT20 would have no hiss at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back