Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 23, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #12,136 of 62,112
I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations for running/trail running earbuds. My priorities are secure fit, sound quality, possibly ambient mode. I had the Jabra 65t but the fit was horrible as well as I didn't care for the sound quality.

Sep 23, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #12,137 of 62,112
Sep 23, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #12,138 of 62,112
Has anyone compared the Anbes 359 and the Tiso i4 ? The Tiso i4
I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations for running/trail running earbuds. My priorities are secure fit, sound quality, possibly ambient mode. I had the Jabra 65t but the fit was horrible as well as I didn't care for the sound quality.
Best running earbuds are the Sabbat X12 Pro to me as they do NOT have the "thumping" problem on each stride like all sealing IEMs, (including the 65ts of course) are very light, and have a "built-in" ambient mode since they don't seal. They sound ok, nice and warm, but like some clarity/definition. I can live with that while running :wink:

Sep 23, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #12,139 of 62,112
I honestly don't remember who of you asked this (sorry!), but here it finally is after lots of testing and comparing - my Samsung Galaxy Buds review with and without the Samsung Gear app.

Samsung Galaxy Buds review vs Jabra Elite 65t.jpg

Oh - also published my review on the Creative Outlier Air and Creative Outlier Gold.

:)

Sep 23, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #12,140 of 62,112
Has anyone compared the Anbes 359 and the Tiso i4 ?

I've compared them both. The Tiso i4 has a really strong, almost overpowering bass, though it causes some weird reverb when people talk in some scenarios.

The 359 has much less pronounced bass by comparison but sounds far better IMO. Better case and fit too.

See my reviews for both in my signature

Sep 23, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #12,141 of 62,112
Thanks, yes I'm quite happy with the Anbes 359 although I'm still experimenting with tips. Right now I'm using the old Sony+Foam tips and they isolate very well but can "plug" my ears depending on the way I insert them. I'll give the Tiso i4 a pass then !

Sep 23, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #12,142 of 62,112
Partron PWE-100
If you only care about sound, these are a great buy. Out of the box, the signature is audiophile friendly, with a clean, clear presentation, similar to the Galaxy Buds, although I do think the Partron PWE-100 sound a smidgen better. There is an app that offers firmware updates (you have to update each earbud separately) and an EQ, however, the EQ only has 3 presets (Normal, Bass, Treble) and would not allow me to adjust the frequencies individually (although it does show a 5 band EQ). The Bass preset, for me, worked well, and does not turn it into a bass monster, rather, it retains all the great characteristics of a near-flat balanced signature, but just kicks up the bass a bit, more along the lines of Audio-Technica's "Solid Bass" line. Qualcomm QCC3026 SoC.

Ahh, but things were too good to be true. Some deal killers for me, unfortunately.

- Calls only came out of one ear.
- Physical controls ONLY worked to play/pause, answer/end calls. Even the 2x press indicated to launch Siri, Google Assistant, etc. didn't work.
- There were some unexplained drop outs when listening at my desk with my phone literally 18 inches in front of me.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #12,143 of 62,112
Partron PWE-100
If you only care about sound, these are a great buy. Out of the box, the signature is audiophile friendly, with a clean, clear presentation, similar to the Galaxy Buds, although I do think the Partron PWE-100 sound a smidgen better. There is an app that offers firmware updates (you have to update each earbud separately) and an EQ, however, the EQ only has 3 presets (Normal, Bass, Treble) and would not allow me to adjust the frequencies individually (although it does show a 5 band EQ). The Bass preset, for me, worked well, and does not turn it into a bass monster, rather, it retains all the great characteristics of a near-flat balanced signature, but just kicks up the bass a bit, more along the lines of Audio-Technica's "Solid Bass" line. Qualcomm QCC3026 SoC.

Ahh, but things were too good to be true. Some deal killers for me, unfortunately.

- Physical controls ONLY worked to play/pause, answer/end calls. Even the 2x press indicated to launch Siri, Google Assistant, etc. didn't work.
- There were some unexplained drop outs when listening at my desk with my phone literally 18 inches in front of me.

I wonder if they do calls from single ear to cut down on the delay? When I tested just about every single TWS for talking,I got a 1+ second audio delay when testing. Can you see if these improve on that?
I would tap my microphone and the person on the other end would tap theirs as soon as they hear my tap.

Sep 23, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #12,144 of 62,112
I wonder if they do calls from single ear to cut down on the delay? When I tested just about every single TWS for talking,I got a 1+ second audio delay when testing. Can you see if these improve on that?
I would tap my microphone and the person on the other end would tap theirs as soon as they hear my tap.
I already returned them, unfortunately.

They do operate on a mater/slave setup, so I think it's a possibility they were set up for optimum call speed. If that were the only issue, I probably could have dealt with it, but given there were literally no controls on the earbuds and the connection wasn't great, I had no other choice. The mic did seem to pick up my voice well in a quiet office, however.

Sep 23, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #12,145 of 62,112
Partron PWE-100

Mine have just as good of connection as anything out there, connected to an Iphone 10R. Walking around the house listening to music or talking on the phone, with one ear and the phone on the charger, works fine. Just my 2 cents, from my personal experience with them.

Sep 23, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #12,146 of 62,112
Mine have just as good of connection as anything out there, connected to an Iphone 10R. Walking around the house listening to music or talking on the phone, with one ear and the phone on the charger, works fine. Just my 2 cents, from my personal experience with them.
Yeah, I may have received a dud in terms of connection.

For me, I can go without volume control (not preferred, but I can manage), but no track control is a deal breaker. I go through songs regularly at the gym, so practical use in most cases is out the window. On top of that, the 1 earbud for calls is another factor. But again, they sound amazing and work for some.

Sep 23, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #12,148 of 62,112
Just noticed shanling tws on aliexp for 79 and 89 for the two variants. And i Just ordered sabbat e12 ultras the other day. What do do now :triportsad:. Has anyone in here given these a try yet ??? Do share your thoughts

In the process of reviewing the BA Shanling TWS. First impressions are great. Exclusion of volume control is a little strange but not a dealbreaker for me. Can even get used to the button control scheme (double tap to pause/play, triple tap to skip, and 3s hold to toggle ambient mode). The ambient mode is interesting, still playing with it a bit.

But the sound quality is fantastic! And the case is really nice and FINALLY using USB type-C to charge!

Sep 23, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #12,149 of 62,112
In the process of reviewing the BA Shanling TWS. First impressions are great. Exclusion of volume control is a little strange but not a dealbreaker for me. Can even get used to the button control scheme (double tap to pause/play, triple tap to skip, and 3s hold to toggle ambient mode). The ambient mode is interesting, still playing with it a bit.

But the sound quality is fantastic! And the case is really nice and FINALLY using USB type-C to charge!
Which ones do you have, the balanced or dynamic?

Sep 23, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #12,150 of 62,112

Users who are viewing this thread

Back