Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 26, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #10,878 of 62,032
Bt20/20s hiss so don't expect too much :)

I'd use DD with them though

I found that my TWS replace most of my wired IEMs except Westone W60. W60 are most comfortable for my ears, even more so than any TWS I've tried, and I use Westone's ultra thin cable that feels almost non-existent. They still sound better even paired with ES100, though during a long flight Nuarl NT01ax sound as good as this setup.

Why not a short cable with your ES100?

Aug 26, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #10,879 of 62,032
Bt20/20s hiss so don't expect too much :)

I'd use DD with them though

Good to know. Kana Pro is DD, so I think I'm good.

Why not a short cable with your ES100?
I could not find any short cable that is as comfortable as the ultra thin cable I'm using with. I also tried Linum balanced but went back. Besides with the long cable I can clip the ES100 to my belt and put the cable inside my shirt so that I almost feel nothing bothered.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #10,880 of 62,032
I really want to upgrade to a new LG phone (currently V30) but worry about that they value AAC over AptX for default BT codec. That causes frequent dropouts in my Earin M2.
i had weird, but totally different issues not at all related to your dropouts w V30, with my V30. i'd find a deal on V40 G7 or G8. Those all have improvements worth upgrading for imo. V30 was a good phone, just weird quirks like issues w the DAC kicking in consistently, basicly, issues i didn't have w v20 or v40.

Aug 26, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #10,882 of 62,032
Interesting. So they're not as bright anymore and therefore not as fatiguing?

Also, would they stay on if I'd use them during a ride on my road bike?

Idk about that. I use them on the clear setting which is probably more bright than most people would like. I don't think they are fatiguing.

Aug 26, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #10,883 of 62,032
i had weird, but totally different issues not at all related to your dropouts w V30, with my V30. i'd find a deal on V40 G7 or G8. Those all have improvements worth upgrading for imo. V30 was a good phone, just weird quirks like issues w the DAC kicking in consistently, basicly, issues i didn't have w v20 or v40.
Could you elaborate more about DAC kicking in? Off-topic for this thread but just curious and never experienced it.

Aug 26, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #10,884 of 62,032
For those on a budget, I just picked these up at Best Buy over the weekend. For $59, they're great. Full range touch controls (track, vol, etc.), AAC, 6 hours battery, and nice sound. If you're looking at Chi-Fi in the $50 range, these are a great non-Chi-Fi budget option that really stands its own ground. Exciting, clear sound (Signature EQ), although my guilty pleasure is the Bass Boost EQ. :xf_eek:

https://www.jlabaudio.com/products/jbuds-air-icon-true-wireless-earbuds

Aug 26, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #10,885 of 62,032
Looks like there's a new kid on the block in the TRANYA B530.

Anyone try them out yet?

Seems they are just out of the oven and still burning...:wink: They come with touch controls (thumbs up for that).
On the down side and always taken with a pinch of salt, the case seems larger that that from previous models (should better shrink, damn) and I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't decide to pack a Qualcomm QCC302X to have true mono mode and better call quality. The description says these come with a Realtek chip

Anyway, the Tranya brand is kind of a safe bet, so I'm sure they'll be a great pair.

By the way, for you fellows on the US, the official Tranya group in Facebook is asking for US reviewers (beta testers) - https://www.facebook.com/tranya.inf...9649357/510037309759652/?type=3&theater&ifg=1. There is an e-mail for those interested. The call is from only a few hours ago

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #10,887 of 62,032
Hi all! New member here, but I've been shadowing this thread for quite some time.
I am not at all experienced with quality headphones. Up 'till a few weeks ago, I was just using earpods that came with my phone. Then I decided to get some true wireless earbuds. Due to all the rave reviews, I got the jabra 65t active. To be honest, I was really underwhelmed by the sound, no matter what tips I used. I found the wired earpods sounded better. On top of that, I found them rather uncomfortable in my ears.
So I sent them back and I bought the Bose SSF. Now these things sounded amazing!!! I had no idea that I was missing this much all these years on cheap earbuds! I also find them comfortable, since they are semi open.

But here's my first world problem: I hate the case, in that it pretty much misses the point of portability of IEMs. I've been honestly debating on getting the soundlink 2 and a cheap set of TWS. I'd also like some more isolation.

I'm a guy who actually enjoys the idea of a 'one and only pair' though. Is there any TWS with a portable case AND as good sounding? I've been debating on trying the Melomania 1 out. Maybe the RHA True connects?

I'd also be open to suggestions of "wired" bluetooth IEMs.

Aug 26, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #10,888 of 62,032
My daily commute and gym TWS are the Earin M2. Very small. Good sound imho and a very nice cylindrical charging case. They cost €249, although occasionally they do 20% off. However, my guess is they’ll come out with a v3 at some point. Not sure when though.

In terms of wireless with a cable between the buds, JayBirds were really good imho.

Aug 26, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #10,889 of 62,032
My daily commute and gym TWS are the Earin M2. Very small. Good sound imho and a very nice cylindrical charging case. They cost €249, although occasionally they do 20% off. However, my guess is they’ll come out with a v3 at some point. Not sure when though.

In terms of wireless with a cable between the buds, JayBirds were really good imho.
Thanks for the suggestion :), but I forgot to mention my budget, which is 160 Euros :/

Aug 26, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #10,890 of 62,032
Thanks for the suggestion :), but I forgot to mention my budget, which is 160 Euros :/

Take a look at the UFO style earphones. I find that case the most portable, along with Wavefun Xpods 3 that I'm currently in the process of reviewing.

For the UFO style look for either Anbes 359 or Kissral R18 as those seem to be best audio quality.

Alternatively take a look at Tiso i4 but I find those far too base heavy.

All of these are under €40 so you could presumably pick up a few and find the right one for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back