Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 26, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #9,691 of 61,358
you mean Tranya T3 vs MPOW T5?

Yes, i would like to see that comparison.
honestly I really think the tranya t3 is the better sleeper hit tw, I even think it's better than the anbes 359, it's less foward in the mids doesnt sound forced. The tranya t3 is butter smooth, strong when it needs to be with bass, sometimes the t3 suprises me with mids and voice reproduction, even the treble is super nice clear and suprises me how good it sounds, very textured highs. T3 has a Wide sound stage, sound bounces from every direction The tranya 3 took a long time to burn in though, when new the bass might sound too strong but it really smooths out. I like the controls over the anbes 359 too, they are easier to press.

Anyone try the tiso i4, I hear these are bass head tw, but still very clear everywhere else I'm curious to try those.

Jul 26, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #9,692 of 61,358
IMG_0800.JPG

Fostex TM2 and Andromeda playing AAC through Iphone has sound made in heaven. HUGE soundstage, HUGE bass, mids and highs are perfect.
The only problem is white noise on quite tracks. Maybe, because Andromedas have armature drivers. Fostex stock IEMs with dynamic drivers don't have that much noise.
They sound really bad compare to Andros.

Jul 26, 2019 at 10:15 AM Post #9,693 of 61,358

Fostex TM2 and Andromeda playing AAC through Iphone has sound made in heaven. HUGE soundstage, HUGE bass, mids and highs are perfect.
The only problem is white noise on quite tracks. Maybe, because Andromedas have armature drivers. Fostex stock IEMs with dynamic drivers don't have that much noise.
They sound really bad compare to Andros.
Nice setup there. That’s one high end set of tw.

Jul 26, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #9,695 of 61,358
Anyone try the tiso i4, I hear these are bass head tw, but still very clear everywhere else I'm curious to try those.

See my review in my signature

Jul 26, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #9,696 of 61,358
I'm just wondering is it a big difference between Fostex TM2(~300$) and TRN BT20s(~40$).
qcc 3026 vs qcc 3020
12h vs 8h
Both aptx.
But for the money of Fostex TM2 - you can buy 2 versions of TRN(mmcx and 2-pin). As for such connectors - they are already included in TM2 package.

Jul 26, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #9,697 of 61,358
For the good of the group, I decided to try the Anbes to see how the chi-fi stuff compares to all of my other TWs headsets. I am pleasantly surprised at the SQ on them. Plenty of bass that's for sure. They treble definitely lacks sparkle but they aren't muddy. I would say for $40 or less, it's hard to complain but they are still a notch below the Advanced Model X. They lack balance, clarity and punch in comparison. I think the 65T is probably better as well but for 4 - 5 times the price, they should be. Overall, these are nice backups but I don't think they can compete with the big boys. You get what you pay for but whether paying 4 to 5 times the price to get better SQ really is a personal thing. These will work for the gym and bike rides but definitely not for any sort of critical listening.

Jul 26, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #9,699 of 61,358
For the good of the group, I decided to try the Anbes to see how the chi-fi stuff compares to all of my other TWs headsets. I am pleasantly surprised at the SQ on them. Plenty of bass that's for sure. They treble definitely lacks sparkle but they aren't muddy. I would say for $40 or less, it's hard to complain but they are still a notch below the Advanced Model X. They lack balance, clarity and punch in comparison. I think the 65T is probably better as well but for 4 - 5 times the price, they should be. Overall, these are nice backups but I don't think they can compete with the big boys. You get what you pay for but whether paying 4 to 5 times the price to get better SQ really is a personal thing. These will work for the gym and bike rides but definitely not for any sort of critical listening.
Totally agree with your 359 verdict except for the 65t bit. I have both and to me Jabra sounds more hermetic and condensed with shallower breath in mids. 359 and T5 are more or less on par sonically with latter probably winning on overall clarity. MW07 is in a totally different league though.

Jul 26, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #9,700 of 61,358
The price went up on the mpow t5????

Jul 26, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #9,701 of 61,358
Totally agree with your 359 verdict except for the 65t bit. I have both and to me Jabra sounds more hermetic and condensed with shallower breath in mids. 359 and T5 are more or less on par sonically with latter probably winning on overall clarity. MW07 is in a totally different league though.

Agree. Tough call v the 65t Which are mediocre at best. I could see you preferring the anbes.

Jul 26, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #9,702 of 61,358
Here's my review of the Mpow T5. It's the best sounding true wireless I've tested so far. Enjoy. :)

Nice review but, man, I wouldn't call them tiny, especially compared to 359 or t1c. And they stick out allright, even more than 65t. On the plus side buds are surprisingly light. Soundwise my biggest dissapointment are highs. Like with all current darlings like 359 and t1c it's decent but simply a bit dull and not interesting on T5. But all is forgiven considering overall package and its execution for the meager price. Nice backups.

Jul 26, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #9,703 of 61,358

Jul 26, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #9,705 of 61,358
It is not charging, the battery in headphone is dead(after getting it out of charging case its dropping from 170mV to almost 0 in seconds), but the voltage on pins in case is 5V on both charging pins. I also cleaned contacts (on case and on earphone) with alcohol just in case and still nothing :frowning2:

Try it with no eartips installed to see if it charges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back