Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 23, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #9,496 of 62,079
Makes sense. 7-8 hours would be excellent. Do we know which chipset? and no aptx it looks like some probably not a QCC5xxx etc?
Haha your profile pic remind me of the ZST. Man I wish I could get the T1. They must have heard my rant that I wanted a BA/Dynamic damn damn damn. OK rant OVA. Grrrrrrunt. F$$K. I'm fine. ✌️⏳

Jul 23, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #9,497 of 62,079
Exactly I bought it despite the beta status (and that Im way over my iem budget this month) as they will probably be more expensive when not in Beta or, at least, came in a different color.

I think and hope its a Mifo with KZ drivers.

So looks like quite a few people here are ordering them now.... Guess no point for me to pick them up until there's more feedback :)

Jul 23, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #9,498 of 62,079
I can't wait till they release more colors of the T1. Seem like a T3 is coming as well... This is hearsay and we will see. Exciting time in TWS. Just adding more battery will make them better.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #9,499 of 62,079
So looks like quite a few people here are ordering them now.... Guess no point for me to pick them up until there's more feedback :)

To everyone ordering the KZ T1 - consider getting the ZSE deal (where you add $2 to the cost of the T1). The ZSE not a phenomenal earphone, but for $2 it makes a great gift.

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #9,500 of 62,079
Can't wait for your thoughts. From the ad seems to be a Dual-Driver BA/Dynamic. Maybe a wireless ZST. If that is the case it's a dream come true as I recently posted I wanted a zst wireless. Oh spy location.

Would this actually be the first hybrid TWS?
I am a total sucker for KZ IEMs... now this, sure, first one might have some growing pains. And sure enough we will get an AptX version in a few weeks. But heck. Finally something to be excited about.
Let’s see if / when / how well or not shipping & delivery will work out. Tested once before and it actually worked. But don’t want to make it a habit.

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #9,501 of 62,079
hey guys,

I wanted to jump on the TWS train and I see a lot of chi-fi brands mentioned. However nobody has once mentioned edifier. Is there a reason for that? youtube seems to give the TWS2 decent reviews. I decided to purchase the edifier TWS5 and it just arrived today. It sounds surprisingly solid. Good dynamic range. Punchy lows, crisp highs, "ok" mids. Nothing really jumps out but they're still pleasntly surprising.

I got it for 449 RMB ($65). It seems to be on the higher end of the chi-fi TWS range, but it comes w/ the latest qualcomm chip (QCC3026), APT-X, & some other decent specs.

I could only find one review (in chinese) https://new.qq.com/omn/20190421/20190421A00OGT.html. It's quite thurough and they even did a tear-down. Gave it a favorable rating.

So just curious... anyone own any edifiers? I'm quite happy w/ my TWS5's so far.
I owned two headphones of Edifier, a wired and wireless one. They have a good balanced sound and above average specs for their price... I just didn't fall in love with them. That withheld buying their TWS for me.

To everyone ordering the KZ T1 - consider getting the ZSE deal (where you add $2 to the cost of the T1). The ZSE not a phenomenal earphone, but for $2 it makes a great gift.
Considered! And naaaah. Have enough. :p

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #9,502 of 62,079
Would this actually be the first hybrid TWS?
I am a total sucker for KZ IEMs... now this, sure, first one might have some growing pains. And sure enough we will get an AptX version in a few weeks. But heck. Finally something to be excited about.
Let’s see if / when / how well or not shipping & delivery will work out. Tested once before and it actually worked. But don’t want to make it a habit.
Did you get fast shipping? Or regular shipping? What is the fastest you got them from Ali? Yeah KZ makes great stuff I've never been disappointed in the ones I bought + they are super cheap. I had to leave that KZ thread cause it got addictive. It really is exciting as f$$k to hear this news. Haha be prepared for at least 5 or more variety of KZ TWS by the end of the year. Get your monies ready.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #9,504 of 62,079
Jul 23, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #9,505 of 62,079
It's interesting to see KZ's making a move towards the true wireless earphones market. However... They're calling it a public beta, that's a first, and second... There are just so many hit and misses from KZ. We really won't know what we'll get. :)

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #9,506 of 62,079
It's interesting to see KZ's making a move towards the true wireless earphones market. However... They're calling it a public beta, that's a first, and second... There are just so many hit and misses from KZ. We really won't know what we'll get. :)
I agree I've read some hit and misses since I left the KZ thread. The ones I got were highly recommended and some I took a chance and was glad I did. If these are anything like my beloved KZT(some people had issues with theirs I got a good one. I guess it's where you source it from dunno) I'll be thrilled.

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #9,507 of 62,079
Public Beta? What? and it's got a 3 hour run time. they look super cool. but they need to really work on that running time.
Indeed. 3 hours is the only thing I'm concerned with. The M&D MW07 lists 3 hours, but realistically, you're looking at 2 to 2.5 depending on volume level, which is unacceptable, especially since they sound so good! It's like going to a sushi buffet and just being able to eat half a roll.

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #9,509 of 62,079
Can anyone compare the 359, tranya t3 and mpow t5?? Which has the better price to performance ratio? Planning to get my first TWS but wanting it to be worth the money..
Any of them. I can vouch for the 359 you won't be disappointed with them and to me the best I've tried. Wait till Amazon July 27th availability or get the Kissral R18(same as 359) on sale for $29 recently. I don't own the others you mentioned.
My TWS Overviews: Click here

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #9,510 of 62,079
Can anyone compare the 359, tranya t3 and mpow t5?? Which has the better price to performance ratio? Planning to get my first TWS but wanting it to be worth the money..

Keep in mind that since the T1 are KZ's first foray into TWS earphones (they even state that it's a public beta), I wouldn't be surprised for there to be issues with compatibility with different phones, or left-right balance issues, or connectivity issues, or just plain simple longevity.... So if you're looking for a solid and tested product, look at the others on your list.

I'm waiting for my MPOW T5, but between the Tranya and Anbes, if you like more base, go for Tranya's, if you want more balanced sound, go for Anbes. Other than that, it's a preference of what you see in photos. I have reviewed both - see my signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back