Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 19, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #9,226 of 61,376
So I got my Jabra Elite 65t 2 days ago and they are pretty good except the left earbud dies in about 5 minutes. Do you guys think I should return and get a replacement or can I get something better for my $120?

Unless you care about features like ambient sound or good call quality, I'd look elsewhere. There's the Galaxy buds which is 130$ USD, but unfortunately here in Canada they're stuck at 200$ CAD.I just ordered the Jabees Firefly Pro the other day which has similar features but has Type C and wireless charging. JLab Air Executive is another budget option with ambient sound, although it is a "stem" design with a built-in type A cable.

the 65T is a solid product. the only thing that made me sold it was because of the imbalance issue with my phone (note 8), and my wife won't use it because it's too big for her ears. no imbalance issue with her phone (pixel 2 xl). if you like the 65T sound and want a cheaper product, you could always return it and try the QCY T1C.
I get imbalance regardless what device I use (Note 9 and ASUS Zenbook Pro, both of which have BT 5.0). Sometimes it starts out badly imbalanced and settles down somewhat after a few seconds of playback. Connection is quite solid on my phone but on my laptop it has been pretty bad lately. The left bud clips and also hisses louder above 70% volume. There's a number of other durability issues with the 65T that might not be noticeable depending on your usage:
- If the case is dropped, the buds will fall right out as they are not magnetically mounted. However, the case uses magnets under the rubber housing to turn off the buds when they are stored - once these get dislodged you'll need to take off the rubber part and reposition the magnets into their slot or else your buds will not turn off automatically when stored.
- Once pressure vents and the nozzle get stuff inside, sound will drop substantially, not just due to the nozzle being blocked, but this also seems to affect the driver pressure. You'll need to take a toothpick or needle and pry out any lint.

After about a day with Earfun Oluv's, the closest-sounding IEM I can think of is Audio-Technica ATH-LS50 - neutral-warm with somewhat muffled bass. It handles bass in lofi tracks decently, but once you listen to something with ambient soundscape like Coldplay's Mylo Xyloto or Lose Yourself To Dance by Daft Punk it falls short and sounds sloppy. You can hear some detail retrieval, but it ends up somewhat splashy therefore the soundstage becomes a tad congested. Still, overall I prefer the sound to Jabra 65T which is just bright without actually retrieving much detail (similar to ATH-E40 but not as refined).

Jul 19, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #9,227 of 61,376
Yep, no skin in the game. HoM has always seemed decent but not that good. Not upset if anything is ignored or panned just good to get things known.

Doubt I'll ever go truly wireless over my SBH60 since they are much more convenient and the in-ears don't have that size soundstage and the controls are much more complicated.

Maybe one that has a small remote so I don't have to go under a hat or push buds into my ears and the earpieces attach to each other magnetically that you can break apart to turn pause/on/off so you don't need the case at all if you so choose esp. since battery life is going closer to 20 nowadays. Oh and onboard storage to put some tunes and podcasts on without needing a device at all. Oh, and a leash attachment so you can hang them around your neck if you want. A decent EQ w/o any apps would be nice as well(Mee Cinema Ear is quite decent). :)
I actually enjoyed the MEE Cinema and find it woks great for, well, movies. :)

Ended up giving them to my son for movies/games.

Looking forward to the Klipsch T5 and the Bose 700 In-Ear, but man, those things are far off. They need to ramp up production like Sony!

Jul 19, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #9,229 of 61,376
Unless you care about features like ambient sound or good call quality, I'd look elsewhere. There's the Galaxy buds which is 130$ USD, but unfortunately here in Canada they're stuck at 200$ CAD.I just ordered the Jabees Firefly Pro the other day which has similar features but has Type C and wireless charging. JLab Air Executive is another budget option with ambient sound, although it is a "stem" design with a built-in type A cable.
The Jlab Air Executive is solid at $69 USD. The only thing, is the highs are a bit sharp (upper treble), so I had to EQ them down 5db or so. Call quality was decent enough, but some people said they heard a little bit of an echo.

At $120, you could get a few nice pairs if you don't care about ambient mode. You could work the Chi-Fi trifecta of MPOW T5, Anbes 359, and Tranya T3.

Jul 19, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #9,230 of 61,376
What’s the sure way to get an OG anbes 359?
Get the Kissral R18 and rub off Kissral R18. Pretty sure it's the same unit from the same OEM. Not sure "Anbes" and "Kissral" are real companies, likely just different holding entities for the same OEM in China.

Sometimes, you'll have the same shell and the internals are different, but that's generally with a "name brand" re-brand (Raycon) vs. a Chi-Fi "company" re-brand (MEEGOOD or whatever).

Jul 19, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #9,231 of 61,376
Just wanted to share a short experience with my MPOW T5's. I decided to test the IPX7 last night, I've been dying to take a pair of buds in the shower to listen to my book, so I said what the hell. I have a large rain shower with good pressure, I should of worn my medium tips because my s/m spiral dot in my left ear got slippery and one of the T5s fell out. I decided to leave it on the floor of my shower being pounded by water for a couple minutes. after picking it up the led was still flashing and the left button was still controlling the right bud. I could here the click indicator and when I power cycled them I could hear all the audio prompts, but no sound came out when I resumed my book. Damnit!, I exclaimed, I should of known!. I removed the tip and saw a puddle of water resting on the port. I blew it off, stuck it back with little confidence and to my extreme shock.... Perfect again! I can't even convey how impressed I am with the T5. It's the all around best TWS I've used so far, It has everything I want in a TWS and does everything well.

You're a nut. Ha-ha I remember you saying you were gonna take some buds in the shower and I was like why? How about getting soaked in the rain and taking pics? :p

I dunked my Mifo o5 in a glass of water the first time i took it out of the box, and used them as my designated showering sessions TWS :o2smile:

standing under the shower with music running in your ears is a great experience :o2smile::o2smile:
the only thing that can beat that is actually swimming with earphones (i use the Sony WS410 for that)

now I'm basically set with my current TWS collection, but the T5 is really tempting to take the place of my Mifo that i sold

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #9,233 of 61,376
The MPOW T5 seem like a pretty solid option. Also looking at the TFZ X1/Mifo O5. Can the BA drivers provide decent bass response? Only BA iem's i have are hybrid so they have a dynamic driver as well. Never heard a BA by itself before.

single BA can have a good bass, but usually it will compromise by tuning it warmer and with less emphasis on the treble. the Mifo o5 pro is tuned to have a clean mids and treble, so the bass (while still adequate and present) will not be too big and extend too low

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #9,234 of 61,376
Yeah I've already done all of the troubleshooting. I think the battery is just bad. If I leave it charging overnight i get about 30 seconds of use before the left side starts to dramatically drop in volume.
Are you getting both red rings when both phones are in the charger? If so, have them exchanged for a new pair. Mine work flawlessly and sound great. The app is also a huge asset.

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #9,235 of 61,376
So I got my Jabra Elite 65t 2 days ago and they are pretty good except the left earbud dies in about 5 minutes. Do you guys think I should return and get a replacement or can I get something better for my $120?

i bet the left side also charges quickly compared to the normal working right one? i have the same problem with my sabbat E12, turns out the battery is bad. you should better return it and get it replaced

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #9,237 of 61,376
Are you getting both red rings when both phones are in the charger? If so, have them exchanged for a new pair. Mine work flawlessly and sound great. The app is also a huge asset.
Yes, I get the red light on both ear buds when I put them in the charger. What type of poke do you use yours with? It looks like people might have better success with Jabras on android, but that might just be because most iPhone users have airpods.

i bet the left side also charges quickly compared to the normal working right one? i have the same problem with my sabbat E12, turns out the battery is bad. you should better return it and get it replaced
Yep, that is exactly what happens.

Jul 20, 2019 at 2:57 AM Post #9,238 of 61,376
The Kissral R18 commercial says: "Wake up Siri at any time" (Press 3 times in a row to wake up Siri).
My Anbes doesn't do this. (marked Anbes, bought on Aliexpress from ZC Line)
BTW, both the rubber covers have fallen off. I said I glued them back on, but now they're loose again.
Does the covers fall off for everyone?
Have I got a "dud" with loose covers, and no Siri?
Edit: They sound good though :)
Tried another type of glue, but it was too "runny" so I ruined my Anbes... :flushed::angry::poop: (They still work, but don't look good with solidified glue "everywhere", and one cover got torn. Should've used a gel-type glue?)
Are the rubber covers stuck for most of you??

No comments about the Kissral / Anbes and Siri? Can anyone with Kissral confirm Siri works?
https://www.kissral.com/products/tws-bluetooth-kissral-r18-ufo-headphones-black (this picture appears in this link)
upload_2019-7-20_8-54-53.png

Jul 20, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #9,239 of 61,376
Any recommendation for TWS that can be used for piano listening? So far most of the ones I've tried fail in some regard because piano notes cause clipping. The Earfun Free clips more on the left bud, it's obvious in Asience Fast Piano by Ryuichi Sakamoto, the Jabra 65t does the same thing but only on the left bud...

Jul 20, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #9,240 of 61,376
Any recommendation for TWS that can be used for piano listening? So far most of the ones I've tried fail in some regard because piano notes cause clipping. The Earfun Free clips more on the left bud, it's obvious in Asience Fast Piano by Ryuichi Sakamoto, the Jabra 65t does the same thing but only on the left bud...
Wow you can handle the lag?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back