Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 16, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #8,896 of 61,386
Here is where it gets a tiny bit hairy and I was wondering if that warrants return ... power management ... you have to turn them off manually!!! otherwise they stay connected and drain, even in box ... and I am still not sure, it appears that the red (and white charging indicator) LEDs stay on all the way through charging ... there is a button in the case that I can double tap and then all lights go off, but no clue if that means they continue charging ...
That seems to be a common issue with cases. I have a pair of KNZs that I got from Kickstarter, and the case is a mess. If I don't turn it off, it cycles constantly and the buds randomly reconnect to my phone until they die. Otherwise, they're not a bad pair (besides the less-than-promised battery life), but the case makes me hate them.

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #8,897 of 61,386
I'm on a roll! :D

991c2p.jpg
Wow I am sorry to say it was too expensive than in Japan (¥25800).
What a Sony!

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #8,898 of 61,386
Jul 16, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #8,900 of 61,386
Still very happy with my Galaxy Buds with a Pixel 3a. Sounds great and with this phone there are no connection stability issues at all.

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #8,902 of 61,386
That seems to be a common issue with cases. I have a pair of KNZs that I got from Kickstarter, and the case is a mess. If I don't turn it off, it cycles constantly and the buds randomly reconnect to my phone until they die. Otherwise, they're not a bad pair (besides the less-than-promised battery life), but the case makes me hate them.
Oof. Both the Bluedio's, the T-Elf and the Hi, have this problem. So frustrating, it's enough to trash them instantly.

Jul 16, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #8,903 of 61,386
Sharing a bit of sonic happiness ... well, I said I don't have much to add to the overall positive Mpow T5 impressions ... but now that I discovered / realized that my Shanling M3S player does Apt-X, I am really psyched about them and for 'critical' listening I prefer them now more than the Tranya T3 .... the Tranya's are still the better combo with iPhone while running .. .pretty certain the Shanling is not sweat proof :D

mpowsha.jpg

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #8,904 of 61,386
I got the Mifo o5 a few days ago. Very long battery life and i didnt even charge the case when they arrived. The case still charges them though!

Sound is a toss up to what you may want. I found vocals not to sound as good as on the Haylou GT1 (which sound incredibly fun and clear for the price), the bass is more natural so it doesn't sound as 'fun'. Can sound muffled but i believe that is the fault of the eartips. Treble can almost disappear so i have to use eq to bring it back up.

Does anybody have any eartip suggestions for the Mifo o5? I can tell these have potenetial but as with most chinese chifi they miss the mark with the danged ear tips. I think if the Mifo o5 had vents this would fix the muffled sound and muddy vocals.

On a plus side, these look and feel amazing. And battery is a dream. No drop outs or resets that ive experienced. Just wish the sound was a bit better :frowning2:

Sad how the Haylou GT1 nailed this for over half the price. I highly suggest those if you want a bassy sound.

Edit: These respond outstandingly well to EQ. Pretty much fixes the muddy vocals and non existent treble. It really must be the fit! Vacuum seal = bad muddy sound. The separation is amazing for tws- like wired levels which is impressive. It presents the music in a more natural way and the bass is so controlled i would have sworn these had beryillium drivers like the astrotec s80.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #8,905 of 61,386
Finally some keepers:

Not much to add about the Mpow. Yes, those are really nice, and I have not even tried forcing my mac into AptX mode (i usually only play from iPhone, will try at some later point)
I will never understand amazon logistics, first it said 'arriving Friday', then 'Wednesday' and then I get an email 'today' ... well, not complaining :)

Now, the other one i got is this ANYFUN (K10) which I got with a 3€ off coupon for 16.99€ ... and for that these actually sound really nice ... I would put them in the same line with the Blitzwolf FYE5 or the Haylou G1 (both which I like) ... and I have not even tried different tips yet. Need to find some that will still make the buds stay in case ... they might end up as good as (or at least close to) the Anbes 359 ... they share a very similar case design, albeit the buds are different (hope that comes across in the pics) ... there is nice bass without being overpowering (or Tranya levels), though this might still change with better seal. The highs are sweet and detailed. Have not listened too critical at mid centric tracks, but I did not find anything lacking so far.

Also no problem with pairing nor connectivity ...

And is this quite a wide soundstage I hear there? Still listening to them ... this SQ at 17€ makes me happy ...

They claim play time 6-8h (we shall see) and quick charge 20min gives you 3h ... oh, and IPX5 (totally forgot about that) ... so, will test them on a run later.

Those kind of buds make me order and return from / to amazon ... only way to find the few gems out there. Yes, I called this one a gem :)

(I am usually not testing phone calls / video lag, as that is not my usage area)

Oh, and ONE more keeper (edit: nope, they are not!) ... that one took me a while to make up my mind ... these LATOW LUNA i had mentioned here earlier.

As I had gleaned from some customer pictures, the sides are indeed some nice rubber-y silicone which makes for a secure fit. Overall, they fit snuggly and comfortable and unlike Hifi80sman experience, I did not encounter any drop out problems (need to double check on noise floor, but did not notice right away)

(edit: I just did a walk and this is where I noticed the complete and utter connectivity fail! If there is no direct line of sight, the right bud keeps dropping out.So, they, too, are going back.)

Sound is bass forward and looks like great running buds (if they had any IPX rating, which I don't see ... so, maybe just for un-sweaty walks)

Here is where it gets a tiny bit hairy and I was wondering if that warrants return ... power management ... you have to turn them off manually!!! otherwise they stay connected and drain, even in box ... and I am still not sure, it appears that the red (and white charging indicator) LEDs stay on all the way through charging ... there is a button in the case that I can double tap and then all lights go off, but no clue if that means they continue charging ...

In the end I decided this to be a minor matter and at 20€ I am pretty happy ... (not as happy as with the anyfun, but I like the sound and the feel enough to keep 'em)
(edit: and no, they are boxed up and ready for mail drop)
Thank you that was fun. I'm still waiting for the top 15. :p

Jul 16, 2019 at 2:21 PM Post #8,909 of 61,386
Tranya T3 now $25 off on Amazon Canada for prime members.

Wow! Sounds like a really sweet deal.
Been using mine for almost a week and I really love them... and for those interested, mic quality is good for business calls as long as you are not on a quite noisy place. Their sound is making me not to miss the Sabbat E12 at all, that I also love SQ-wise (though the mic is terrible, for sure).
Solid connectivity, comfy while in the ears (too bulky to sleep with them thoug) and looong battery life. Might get them a better eartips (Spinfit 360 likely be my choice)

Considering these buds, albeit being Chi-fi, are not for sale on AliX and the like, this price is the best you can get for a while.

Jul 16, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #8,910 of 61,386
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back