Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 15, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #8,821 of 62,085
On Prime Day sale for $39.99. USB-C and wireless charging. Someone grab them and let us all know! :p

The look like a re-brand of the Anker Zolo Liberty, which I thought were pretty good (sound, fit), although the call quality was not good.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #8,823 of 62,085
Jul 15, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #8,824 of 62,085
I have compared against Bose, Sabbat e12, Anker Liberty Sound Core and the SoundPeats tws.

I started with the Bose because overall I have had pretty good luck with Bose bluetooth for my mobile stuff and I am a big fan of having the Multi-Pairing with my devices. However - the Bose were laggy on youtube and I watch a lot of YouTube so that was a no go... It was so bad, it was also instant no matter what I did on every connection. It was frustrating because they sounded the best out of the ones I tested.

I had connection issues with Sabbat...some weird stuff actually, like they were out of sync and then even connecting to the phone wasn't all that smooth, had to reset a couple times. I didn't appear to be the only one.

The Anker had drop outs - a couple in a short period of time, didn't care for sound or fit either but... dropouts.

The soundpeats were pretty good with connection in the short time I used them, they actually sound pretty good too but they don't stay in my ears at all so I didn't use them much. I haven't returned them yet if anyone wants to buy them! haha

That is my experience and sort of where I am coming from in my comments. Till something changes my mind I will only be interested in TWS that has this technology as it's a full solution of connectivity for whatever product it's needed in for TWS. So you don't have to depend on the headphone maker to reinvent the wheel and hope they get it right.

https://www.qualcomm.com/solutions/voice-and-music/features/truewireless
The MPOW T5 has the QCC3020 chipset and has TrueWireless Stereo

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #8,825 of 62,085
I see that - just looked it up. That is impressive. Well, guess I overlooked those. Under $50 is pretty fantastic for that. I am not thinking my ears would love that design tho, I need some sort of hook.

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #8,826 of 62,085
Jul 15, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #8,827 of 62,085

Is it True Wireless Stereo, or TWS Plus? From what I understand only TWS Plus does the individual connection to each earbud?

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #8,828 of 62,085
Jul 15, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #8,829 of 62,085
Is it True Wireless Stereo, or TWS Plus? From what I understand only TWS Plus does the individual connection to each earbud?
It's not the plus - i did see that.

Jul 15, 2019 at 12:57 PM Post #8,830 of 62,085
Jul 15, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #8,832 of 62,085
That's their regular price on AliExpress. In fact I've seen them many times around $60 mark. Of course Amazon has free returns so there's that.

Though I'm holding out for their next gen TWS earphones.
Yea, i'm at the point where if it doesn't have Volume control and/or Qualcomm True Wireless Plus it's going to have to be Cheap or really amazing like the 359's to get me excited.

Jul 15, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #8,834 of 62,085
You crack me up. I might have to get them then and if i do i won't be back on thread till Oct. I'm warning you. Wahahaha
man, for $32.60 shipped, i'm very tempted. but i've literally bought 5 pairs of earbuds this week. Granted 3 of them are being returned, but i'm keeping two and my wife, well, let's just say, she's been happier. LOL

Jul 15, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #8,835 of 62,085
I see that - just looked it up. That is impressive. Well, guess I overlooked those. Under $50 is pretty fantastic for that. I am not thinking my ears would love that design tho, I need some sort of hook.
They fit great with the right tips. I twist mine vertically and they stay in place really nicely. I'd recommend at least giving them a go from amazon. I also bought the Tranya T1 Pro and I think it sounds a little better as far as bass is concerned, but the soundstage is smaller and the mids are more recessed. The T3 sounds better to me. and the T5 is it's own animal. really balanced great mids and highs, phone calls are excellent. my only grip is powering them off. you have to power them off individually and if you are listening to a track it always moves forward or back when holding it down before powering off. other than that, they are a strong 4.75/5 for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back