Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 17, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #7,561 of 62,109
Jun 17, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #7,562 of 62,109
What is the current story with Earin? They are advertise their Earin M-2 on Twitter all the time, but if you go to their site, they are also out of stock all the time as well. I have trouble believing that they are that popular. Are they having production issues? Are they restructing after the Will.I.Am deal didn't go forward? Should we be looking for an M-3 soon?

Jun 17, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #7,563 of 62,109
What is the current story with Earin? They are advertise their Earin M-2 on Twitter all the time, but if you go to their site, they are also out of stock all the time as well. I have trouble believing that they are that popular. Are they having production issues? Are they restructing after the Will.I.Am deal didn't go forward? Should we be looking for an M-3 soon?

I think they’ve been permanently out of stock for many months now. I’ve emailed them and got no reply

Jun 17, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #7,564 of 62,109
also earin has been in firmware hell.. fix one problem and create another... And months between fixes.
no amazon for me, so cant easily try new buds and ship them back.

But satisfied with those I got.

Next ones should have
-apt x hd
-ambient sound
-volume c
-some waterproofing
-eartip friendly case and buds

Jun 17, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #7,565 of 62,109
also earin has been in firmware hell.. fix one problem and create another... And months between fixes.
no amazon for me, so cant easily try new buds and ship them back.

But satisfied with those I got.

Next ones should have
-apt x hd
-ambient sound
-volume c
-some waterproofing
-eartip friendly case and buds

I was lucky, didn’t get my M2 until the latest fw update last autumn and have had no problems at all. Would like the battery to last longer but other than that they pretty much tick all my boxes

Jun 17, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #7,566 of 62,109
I was lucky, didn’t get my M2 until the latest fw update last autumn and have had no problems at all. Would like the battery to last longer but other than that they pretty much tick all my boxes

The M2 have been among the best TWs I've heard. Sadly they had that channel imbalance fw-bug back when I tried them, but apart from that I've been pretty impressed. Thought about re-ordering them several times, but looks like they're gone for good.

I've ordered the Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 instead now, will report back when I get them...

Jun 17, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #7,568 of 62,109
How do they compare to the Anbes?
Overall, the sound is more "mature" and will appeal to the traditional "audiophile". It's very clean, precise, and balanced. Let's just put it this way, the driver sounds like it's Beryllium. If I'm going to be clubbin' in my head, I'll grab the Anbes 359. If I'm having some wine and brie, I'll settle down with the Astrotec S80.

I enjoy many different sound signatures depending on use and mood.

Jun 17, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #7,569 of 62,109
Overall, the sound is more "mature" and will appeal to the traditional "audiophile". It's very clean, precise, and balanced. Let's just put it this way, the driver sounds like it's Beryllium. If I'm going to be clubbin' in my head, I'll grab the Anbes 359. If I'm having some wine and brie, I'll settle down with the Astrotec S80.

I enjoy many different sound signatures depending on use and mood.

How do you mean they "sound like Bridgman m beryllium drivers"? Haven't heard any of those yet. I assume it's a little closer to balanced armatures in the mid-high range?

Jun 17, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #7,571 of 62,109
The M2 have been among the best TWs I've heard. Sadly they had that channel imbalance fw-bug back when I tried them, but apart from that I've been pretty impressed. Thought about re-ordering them several times, but looks like they're gone for good.

I've ordered the Cambridge Audio Melomania 1 instead now, will report back when I get them...
My Melomania going back to CA. I like the sound and the battery life.
Unfortunately, the largest stock eartips they provide are too small for my big ears. They more like medium sized.
And the nozzle is huge. I have some eartips which fits, but they can't fit into the charging case.

Jun 17, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #7,572 of 62,109
How do you mean they "sound like Bridgman m beryllium drivers"? Haven't heard any of those yet. I assume it's a little closer to balanced armatures in the mid-high range?
Party, yes. Everything is just "tighter" (bass, etc.) and more precise in it's delivery of content. It's like an X-Acto Knife vs. Scissors.

Jun 17, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #7,573 of 62,109
They aren't even in the conversation. Nor do I think they will be, they look like a hearing aid. Reviews seem to be largely non-existent. They are a no name company. If they were going to be in the conversation they would be noted by reviewers by now.

Come back with a little more experience if you are gonna call Fostex a no name company. Even if I'm not liking their TW offering they are an old school big boy and many of us have had there headphones and/or drivers. Think my Creative Aurvana air has Fostex drivers in them. Even though I have not had a branded Fostex I have had nearly 10 that used Fostex/Fosters drivers. Most on Head-fi have probably had a Pioneer or AT or Sony or Senn or Creative or Denon using one. :smirk:

Jun 17, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #7,574 of 62,109
They aren't even in the conversation. Nor do I think they will be, they look like a hearing aid. Reviews seem to be largely non-existent. They are a no name company. If they were going to be in the conversation they would be noted by reviewers by now.

There’s no reviews because it’s a brand new product.

Specs aren’t bad at all. Qualcomm QCC3026 chip, MMCX, 12hr play time, a phone app with EQ, IPX waterproof rating, AAC and aptX, physical control button, touch sensitive volume control, ambient mode, and independent connections (instead of master/slave).

I’ve seen numerous people in this thread post their ‘ideal wish list’, and this Fostex seems like it would hit every single one.

They remind me of the TRN BT20 adapters. Maybe the behind the ear look isn’t your style, but there are those of us who are huge fans of the TRN BT20, and this is the same basic design.

And as jant71 said, Fostex isn’t a no-name company. They’ve been making some wicked full size headphones (I’ll bet) longer than you’ve been alive. The Japanese are obsessed with their audio. They were the original audiophiles.

If it wasn’t such a ludicrous price I’d consider it. The mmcx design is super versatile, so even if the included IEM isn’t that good, literally any mmcx IEM can be connected.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #7,575 of 62,109
Party, yes. Everything is just "tighter" (bass, etc.) and more precise in it's delivery of content. It's like an X-Acto Knife vs. Scissors.
I guess it's time for your NEW top five TWS. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back