Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 12, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #6,196 of 62,092
Can someone explain to me the idea behind burn-in? I understand that your ears adjust the the frequencies of new ear buds over time, but burning drivers in? I'd think that as soon as the current goes to the drivers and the start producing sound for a couple seconds they should be "burned in" no?

Sorry if I opened a can of worms... :D

Apr 12, 2019 at 11:50 PM Post #6,197 of 62,092
Can someone explain to me the idea behind burn-in? I understand that your ears adjust the the frequencies of new ear buds over time, but burning drivers in? I'd think that as soon as the current goes to the drivers and the start producing sound for a couple seconds they should be "burned in" no?

The idea is the same as breaking in a new sofa. Brand new it is a little stiff, but over time it gets mushy and comfortable and stabilizes to the mush that is your favorite sofa.

Apr 13, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #6,199 of 62,092
What's the science behind it?

The science has more to do with large drivers than these small micro drivers, but it becomes softer from moving back and forth, can move more freely and becomes more responsive.

For large studio monitors it is proven to have an effect but most scientific tests done on small driver show almost no measurable difference.

Still, if you buy enough cheap chinese earbuds it can make you a believer for sure.

Apr 13, 2019 at 4:43 AM Post #6,201 of 62,092
I have the Elibuds Pearl and I thought the NT01AX sounded great. Since they're dynamic, use them for awhile and let the drivers burn in.

Where did you get the elibuds pearl?? Have you had the elibuds v6 before?? I would put the NT01AX on par with my elibuds v6 and those are my favorite pair of ear buds, so far no other buds up to $100 beat those and i was looking for an upgrade. At this rate my elibuds v6, NT01AX and a gaming headset might be all i need. Might just sell off my high end stuff and stick with these beauties.

Apr 13, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #6,202 of 62,092
I take it back the NT01AX are crisp, clear, lack no bass. Very detailed, good resolution. I have played Crystal Castles, Counting Crows, Justice - Planisphere. 11:30 (DATA Remix), Jay Rock - Win, Outlast Wheelz of steel, Wonder Girls - Tell Me, Carl Orff - O Fortuna, Heaven - Bryan Adams, the list goes on but they are on par with some of my wired cans. I own Sonorous IV and EMU Teaks, Ahh m40x, hd 25ii, sony vr6, sennheiser momentum, B&O h6 second gen, hd580. Highly recommend. They arent that bad in the subway either, decent isolation.

Apr 13, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #6,203 of 62,092
The science has more to do with large drivers than these small micro drivers, but it becomes softer from moving back and forth, can move more freely and becomes more responsive.

For large studio monitors it is proven to have an effect but most scientific tests done on small driver show almost no measurable difference.

Still, if you buy enough cheap chinese earbuds it can make you a believer for sure.
Makes sense, I actually bought another pair of Syllable D900Ps because they claimed to be IPX7, they aren't, but i compared the new and old, pair I've had for like six months and boy do they sound different, the old ones sound much nicer.

Apr 13, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #6,204 of 62,092
No complaints from the wife on a call. She didn't notice I was on a TWE. Sound in both ears was pretty clear, but the white slight noise was there.

Tested with a voice recorder app, voice sounded really clear, but if I moved my head, there was a brushing sound while I talked. Overall pretty decent experience.

Thank you so much for taking the time to test it. Sounds promising.

Apr 13, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #6,205 of 62,092
Apr 13, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #6,206 of 62,092
Anyone ever tried any of these?

12AB863D-1028-4D23-8208-0B7667634F1F.png 1E3312A3-BB9F-4E6F-B787-23FB3122334D.png 951B0E01-6B48-4EDD-9D15-DC1F9F9C2D2D.png 1E93A9C2-8F4D-464D-9A41-0ECCB47AD0DA.png

Apr 13, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #6,207 of 62,092
I recently purchased the Anbes 359 and do like them for sound and fit, but I'm finding the connection with my iPhone XR frequently pauses during play, and I'll likely return the Anbes to try something else. I'm not sure if doing that is a waste of time given that that's just bluetooth tech and it'll just be a similar experience with a different iem, but sputtering every 10 minutes is not acceptable and I feel I have to try. Oh well on to the next.

-Steve

Apr 13, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #6,208 of 62,092
Another flash sale. Anyone try these? 6hr battery:
Wireless Earbuds, Alterola IE600 Smallest Bluetooth 5.0 True Wireless Earbuds Stable Connection HD Stereo Sound Waterproof with 24H Playtime Charging Case, Build-in Mic https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MYZK9NT/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_MMrSCbCYSXT47
Review is interesting check it:

And another flash sale. Claim to have 7-9 hrs battery with volume control:
Wireless Earbuds TEZER X20 Bluetooth 5.0 True Wireless Earphones IPX5 Automatic Connection 36H Playtime Hi-Fi Stereo with Built-in Mic and Charging Case for Travelling and Exercise https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H3NRKYT/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_-TrSCb53K241S

EDIT: I think they are basically the same Earbuds with different names. I just bought both and we will see which wins and stays. :beerchug:

Alterola IE600 are winning by a landslide. Clarity is good, but bass kicks ass as well. The TEZER X20 on the other hand don't sound as good and can't stay connected. Tried various times and keeps disconnecting. They are going back. Alterola IE600 on the other hand sound good, but not sure if they are worth keeping since my others sound just as good. We will see. Will test call quality(reviews have said they are good) and test Netflix with dialogue sq.

Apr 14, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #6,209 of 62,092
I recently purchased the Anbes 359 and do like them for sound and fit, but I'm finding the connection with my iPhone XR frequently pauses during play, and I'll likely return the Anbes to try something else. I'm not sure if doing that is a waste of time given that that's just bluetooth tech and it'll just be a similar experience with a different iem, but sputtering every 10 minutes is not acceptable and I feel I have to try. Oh well on to the next
Mine don’t have any problem like this with my Samsung S9, nor wit iPad. But are you sure that your buds are charged more than 30%? I ask because pauses is how Anbes warns about low battery. It first starts like every 10 minutes and then gets more frequent.

Apr 14, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #6,210 of 62,092
Thanks I appreciate that advice. Full overnight charge before first use Friday night at the gym, and did the same thing again for today Saturday afternoon. I thought maybe it was interference there so recharged at home and had similar struggles with dropout with just me and my phone tonight. They are back in the box with a return label. Maybe I got a bum pair. Drat.

-Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back