Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 16, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #5,026 of 62,112
how much better are MTW compared to Elite 65t?
and any new technology or updated models announced for flagship true wireless? should i wait longer?

i ve been commuting in trains a lot lately and not enjoying untangling wires through layers of jackets in winter. also my westone 3's cables are wearing out.
i want to try going wireless if it keeps up with sound quality
Better really depends on what you want to use them for.

SOUND: MTW, hands down. No competition.
CALLS: 65t
AMBIENT: 65t
COMFORT: MTW (for me), but I can wear both for hours on end.
BATTERY: 65t, but not by much. 65t is quoted at 5, the MTW 4. Seems to be about accurate.
CONTROLS: YMMV. Depends if you like touch controls (MTW) or physical buttons (65t).

Overall, the sound is king for me and I found the 65t bland. The MTW may not be as good in other areas, but they are competent enough that I can overlook those shortcomings. Plus, firmware updates should be coming out by March to tighten up some of the issues (calls, battery drain).

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #5,027 of 62,112
the mtw's sound capabilities, despite the poor eq settings are pretty impressive imo. In other random nes, the touch panel on my m4utw1's has completely died, and now if i fast forward a track from the right earbud, the buds get out of sync in this weird mono space like sound.

Feb 17, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #5,028 of 62,112
What's the latest firmware for the Beoplay E8?
Does the update(s) fix the issues with lost connection on the left bud I've read about? Any other annoying bugs?
I have the chance to buy the 2.0 edition for about $280. That's cheap here in expensive Norway. (retail is about $375)
Shall I go for it, or just wait for the firmware update on MTW, and buy that again. (cannot stomach to buy it before it's updated... crackle, mic distortions, battery management...)

Feb 17, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #5,029 of 62,112
What's the latest firmware for the Beoplay E8?
Does the update(s) fix the issues with lost connection on the left bud I've read about? Any other annoying bugs?
I have the chance to buy the 2.0 edition for about $280. That's cheap here in expensive Norway. (retail is about $375)
Shall I go for it, or just wait for the firmware update on MTW, and buy that again. (cannot stomach to buy it before it's updated... crackle, mic distortions, battery management...)

5.60 and there are still frequent short left unit drop outs

Feb 17, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #5,031 of 62,112
Reading further into twe. I'd like to test more to be able te recommend sets to people. Currently on the brink of buying:

- Mifo o5
- Mpow T3
- Sabbat E12

Any thoughts to take into consideration?

Feb 17, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #5,032 of 62,112
Reading further into twe. I'd like to test more to be able te recommend sets to people. Currently on the brink of buying:

- Mifo o5
- Mpow T3
- Sabbat E12

Any thoughts to take into consideration?
Very impressed with the Sabbat E12 connection and stability. Live and work in Hong Kong where most of the TWE fail to perform reliably due to lots of EMI, RFI and WiFi / Bluetooth interference. Similar to Japan’s crowded metropolitan cities I haven’t experienced any drop outs with the Sabbats. Sounds is good but a bit bass heavy. Works well probably if you’re a bass head though. Sound quality is nevertheless entertaining and engaging but the emphasis on bass and a slight roll off on the highs made me pass... gave it to my daughter for gym use... her boyfriend uses the Havit and also didn’t complain.

Feb 17, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #5,036 of 62,112
After reading lots of reviews and to many YouTube reviews in still undecided on what to get for gym use. A big number 1 for me is zero cut outs (connection). Then sound and then battery. I'm usually at the gym 2 hours or less.
I keep thinking between the Mavin and the Earin M2, but im open to any options/Opinions.

Feb 17, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #5,038 of 62,112
Thanks for the reply.

How is the battery life? It says 3.5 hours and also how is the hear through/transparency mode?
I haven’t tested those features. I believe the verge confirmed - and - blasted the 3.5 hour battery life. Jabra wins there for sure. My primary use for them is the gym so it’s never an issue. I have noticed the case holds a lot of charge and better yet doesn’t seem to drain in standby. It’s a good product. At 199 however you might consider the Bose or RHA. I had fit issues with RHA but they sound excellent.

Feb 17, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #5,040 of 62,112
@05stisilver - don't have the RHA but as for the ATH-SPORT7TW, they'll be shipped back tomorrow. The touch controls were flaky on mine and the hear-through would activate on its own randomly. At $199 there are better choices and I'd second the Bose (unless you'll be using for binge watching, they have some latency...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back