Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 13, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #4,186 of 62,025
M&D itself is a trademark of New Audio, LLC. Located in Midtown, Manhattan. I think they were started by a Wall Street banker's hipster son who was professionally playing in some kind of rock band. They everywhere stamp "designed and develooed in NYC". So I highly doubt that it's some kind of Chi-Fi design or license. Doesn't feel that way, nor in sound refinement, not in high-street design. Purely 5th Av boutique product, just manufactured in China. The LV version to me looks really hideous, except for maybe the round case. M&D should've licensed to something more exclusive like Hermes or Lalique. Even Movado would've been better

I think they look hideous too, but the sheen of plastic used makes it look like a 3D print or test mold, it might just be a prototype.

Then again I don't really understand some of the stuff that passes for fashion so...

Jan 13, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #4,187 of 62,025
I think they look hideous too, but the sheen of plastic used makes it look like a 3D print or test mold, it might just be a prototype.

Then again I don't really understand some of the stuff that passes for fashion so...

With clothing, the more rips or holes it has, and the higher the profit margin for the seller = more fashion.

I'm guessing with TW earphones all one can use to determine how "fashionable" they are is by the # of logos and the price you pay.

Jan 13, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #4,188 of 62,025
Far as I'm concerned if rebrands use quality components rather than Monster Beats or Skullcandy or cheap chinese OEM parts then that's a good thing. It pushes quality products into the "fashionable" realm and means future reviews will actually put some emphasis on the sound.

Jan 13, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #4,190 of 62,025
the funny thing is i think the original MW07 is more beautiful than the LV's

Jan 14, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #4,192 of 62,025
M&D itself is a trademark of New Audio, LLC. Located in Midtown, Manhattan. I think they were started by a Wall Street banker's hipster son who was professionally playing in some kind of rock band. They everywhere stamp "designed and develooed in NYC". So I highly doubt that it's some kind of Chi-Fi design or license. Doesn't feel that way, nor in sound refinement, not in high-street design. Purely 5th Av boutique product, just manufactured in China. The LV version to me looks really hideous, except for maybe the round case. M&D should've licensed to something more exclusive like Hermes or Lalique. Even Movado would've been better
I guess if you're going to license these bad boys, it would be to the most pretentious company, like, ever.

Switching gears, has anyone tried these out? Japanese company "GLIDiC" (really SoftBank), but couldn't determine if they were alse made in Japan. A little tempted.
https://www.amazon.com/GLIDiC-TW-5000-Wireless-Earbuds-Official/dp/B07JJ7B167/

https://www.prweb.com/releases/japa...ound_air_tw_5000_in_the_usa/prweb16002041.htm

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #4,193 of 62,025
Reply from Earin regarding changes in latest FW. No mentioning of extended battery life, but I get about 30 minutes more compared to previous FW.

Thank you for contacting Earin support.

The most important features of the new firmware (.159) are:
- A more centered and stable stereo image
- Improved call quality
- Transperency settings are modified

A few minor issues are also sorted in this new release.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 4:12 AM Post #4,194 of 62,025
I guess if you're going to license these bad boys, it would be to the most pretentious company, like, ever.

Switching gears, has anyone tried these out? Japanese company "GLIDiC" (really SoftBank), but couldn't determine if they were alse made in Japan. A little tempted.
https://www.amazon.com/GLIDiC-TW-5000-Wireless-Earbuds-Official/dp/B07JJ7B167/

https://www.prweb.com/releases/japa...ound_air_tw_5000_in_the_usa/prweb16002041.htm

I haven't tried it but I have seen it quite a bit on trains, and I can give it a try next time I have a chance to go to the earphone store.
It seems pretty generic though based on the specs and the reviews on the Japanese websites. There is also a 7000 series that seems a little better, with 10 hour battery life in the buds.

Jan 14, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #4,195 of 62,025
Reply from Earin regarding changes in latest FW. No mentioning of extended battery lige, but I get about 30 minutes more compared to previous FW.

Thank you for contacting Earin support.

The most important features of the new firmware (.159) are:
- A more centered and stable stereo image
- Improved call quality
- Transperency settings are modified

A few minor issues are also sorted in this new release.

that explains it. yesterday i went to the mall with my wife and kid, using the earin as noise blocker. the noise gate sounds better, as it filters out the noise but let in sound above the threshold clearer than before, as it sounds less "clangy" and less metallic. i didn't notice any changes on sound quality on music playback. the improvement on call quality i think also because the better noise gate/mic implementation.

Jan 14, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #4,196 of 62,025
that explains it. yesterday i went to the mall with my wife and kid, using the earin as noise blocker. the noise gate sounds better, as it filters out the noise but let in sound above the threshold clearer than before, as it sounds less "clangy" and less metallic. i didn't notice any changes on sound quality on music playback. the improvement on call quality i think also because the better noise gate/mic implementation.

They have also fixed an issue where phone calls were sometimes only in the master bud, they are now always stereo in both buds

Jan 14, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #4,197 of 62,025
They have also fixed an issue where phone calls were sometimes only in the master bud, they are now always stereo in both buds

i also contacted them a few days ago about the possibility of changing transparency mode directly from the unit. they responded that if there's a great demand on it from other customers they would add it in.

Screenshot_20190114-174548_Gmail.jpg

Screenshot_20190114-174618_Gmail.jpg

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #4,198 of 62,025
I don't think I'm losing it, I heard the M2 after adding the Spinfit cp100 silicone tips and I felt like they greatly improved the sound.

This most recent update has made my M2 feel like they've had a complete driver upgrade. The clarity and instrument separation has improved a silly amount. I find the signature similar to the MTW now just a little darker, and with a narrower soundstage.

Anybody else noticed this after the update?

aptX / Cp100 / S8+

I finally got these things to update (wow). So far, after struggling for 2 days to get the update installed, it's like the updates to Chrome - I can't really tell anything happened.

I wouldn't swear either way on any difference in sound due to the update, but it's not major if so.

I'd say you are right overall that the Earins have a little too much bass and definitely have a narrower soundstage. The Spinfits really do help - the Complys really muffled things. I turned on the Bass Reducer on the Spotify EQ and it really helped - details came out and the bloat mostly disappeared.

It would be nice to have an EQ for the Earins (even the silly "move the dot" ones Senn and B&O gave us), but for now the combo of Bass Reducer and Spinfits have put these just behind the MTW sound-wise.

Jan 14, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #4,199 of 62,025
i also contacted them a few days ago about the possibility of changing transparency mode directly from the unit. they responded that if there's a great demand on it from other customers they would add it in.

I have Nuheara IQBuds on which the touch controls are pretty configurable, and transparency mode is by far my most used control.

Now part of that is that Nuheara is primarily all about the transparency mode anyway. But nonetheless, when I'm on public transit and there's suddenly an announcement, or when I'm doing dishes and one of the kids comes up to me, the speed with which I can shift from blocking-it-all-out mode into world-aware mode is pretty important.

Jan 14, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #4,200 of 62,025
I have Nuheara IQBuds on which the touch controls are pretty configurable, and transparency mode is by far my most used control.

Now part of that is that Nuheara is primarily all about the transparency mode anyway. But nonetheless, when I'm on public transit and there's suddenly an announcement, or when I'm doing dishes and one of the kids comes up to me, the speed with which I can shift from blocking-it-all-out mode into world-aware mode is pretty important.

yes, it's one of the reason why i kept my 65t for riding, because i can toggle ambient mode quickly. the way earin handles transparency mode, i think it would be better than the 65t for handling road noise..but currently no quick button change.

maybe all of M2 user here can email Earin to push them into making it possible (and also an EQ)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back