Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 25, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #781 of 61,360
I have the 65t,would not mind a version with aptx. Also have two Schenzen specials that works (connection between the BUDS)

What worries me with aptx is connection stability outdoors with the higher transfer.

Even the 65t drops connection if head is far right and ear crossed the shoulder.

Waiting for the qualcomm 5100 series, but has been very silent on that area

Jul 25, 2018 at 7:50 PM Post #782 of 61,360
New Comply Foam Tips coming!

I’ve had the Jabra Elite Active 65t for over one month now and very happy with these earphones. Only downside is lag with YouTube vids. No lag with Netflix or Amazon Prime video or streaming video from home network PC on iPhone 7 or iPad. I use the provided large size silicone tips and get good sound, albeit with slightly difficult fit.

I just tested new Comply foam tips being developed specifically for the 65t and Active 65t which appear to replace (or supplement) the older “truly wireless” foam tips. These new Comply foam tips were provided to me in Small, Medium and Large sizes just last week so I assume they will be offered for sale in those sizes too. They all fit in the charging case and performed very similarly to other Comply foam tips. I found them to be more comfortable than the provided silicone tips and about equal or better ambient sound isolation with good sound across the frequency spectrum.

Something to look forward to...

Lol. Your last post before this one was way back in 2006! And I thought I posted infrequently.

Anyway, that is certainly good news about the new Comply tips, and I'm definitely looking forward to it. The Truly Wireless with Smart Core universal fit tips barely fit, and it made them sound worse, with more emphasis between 6-9 kHz. I'm pretty sure the new ones will fit better, and I hope they do a better job damping the peak near 7 kHz on the pair that I have. I wish I could have participated in that VIP test program so I could put in my feedback, but it's probably too late for that.

BTW, YouTube should really fix the app. A workaround is to play the video in Safari. The lag is much, much less noticeable. On the iPad, the browser chrome still remains when you tell it to play the video full screen. On the iPhone, no problem, except maybe it plays the video at a lower resolution. I'll have to test that one more.

Jul 25, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #784 of 61,360
Lol. Your last post before this one was way back in 2006! And I thought I posted infrequently.

Anyway, that is certainly good news about the new Comply tips, and I'm definitely looking forward to it. The Truly Wireless with Smart Core universal fit tips barely fit, and it made them sound worse, with more emphasis between 6-9 kHz. I'm pretty sure the new ones will fit better, and I hope they do a better job damping the peak near 7 kHz on the pair that I have. I wish I could have participated in that VIP test program so I could put in my feedback, but it's probably too late for that.

RE: infrequent posting

I was spending too much time and too much money on this forum so I had to take a break to save what was left of my sanity... and my bank account

It might not be too late to get in on the Comply 65t tips testing. Suggest you send an email in to Comply Support with a link to this thread and your 65t review (BTW - excellent review!) and request a chance to test the tips and provide your feedback. Worst that happens is you get no response or they say No.

Jul 26, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #785 of 61,360
Project: Wireless BA CIEM making.
Materials: CIEM shell, Erato Muse5 iem, Westone W4r iem (only armatures)
I had to solve W4r 9 kHz peak (4.4 uF cap replaced with 0.33 uF cap)
Muse5 iem has the highest output power, so I chose (6.8 mW).
Result: A completely different sound signature than the original Muse5 ... balanced, somewhat dark, but neutral. Isolation maximum, environmental noises excluded.

I'm happy with the result ... a 4 BA wireless CIEM.

20180725_152630_2.jpg
20180725_152641_2.jpg

Jul 26, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #788 of 61,360
My Jabra 65t Elite on Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S8) use AAC, which as I gather in the same league as AptX, above SBC. Jabras also use BT5 and it shows. I understand desire for a better sounding codec but why usb-c is so important?

I didn't realize AAC was a codec, only thought it was an Apple format. I have read up on it and you're assessment is right.

USB-C is important to me because it significantly reduces the amount of cables and other tech gear I need to use/carry. I've got a USB-C phone (S8+) and Chromebook and I love the convenience of USB-C (reversible connector, fast charging, one cable for all devices). If the next version of the Jabra's had USB-C, I'd be all over them in a heartbeat.

Aug 4, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #789 of 61,360
Are the Jabra Elite 65t's suitable for a basshead? I was planning on buying a pair of the new Active's for the gym and I definitely prefer a funner, more bassy V-shape sound for lifting. I really liked the Bose SoundSport Free's sound signature but there was little noise isolation and they'd actually fall of when I would deadlift since they stick out so much.

Aug 4, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #790 of 61,360
Are the Jabra Elite 65t's suitable for a basshead? I was planning on buying a pair of the new Active's for the gym and I definitely prefer a funner, more bassy V-shape sound for lifting. I really liked the Bose SoundSport Free's sound signature but there was little noise isolation and they'd actually fall of when I would deadlift since they stick out so much.

I would very say no. If you like bass and they're for the gym, Sony WF-sp700n by a country mile.

Aug 4, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #793 of 61,360
Damn. Are they irredeemable even with the EQ boost app?

i have not tried the Sony WF-sp700n so I can't comment on that model although I heard bass is excellent. I like fun v shape sound also and I can recommend the jabra 65t elite active, they have terrific bass not bass head bass but it's definitely not a flat audio file signature, definitely modern fun bassy signature. The earlier model jabra elite sport has plenty bass also with the right tips to get good seal, this one is also not bass head style but plenty bass for gym, this one has a lot of features specific for gym, heartrate, voice coach, rep counter, vox. I use them both all the time in the gym. I heard the Jay bird runs have great bass also, I have not tried those i don't like the control scheme.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #794 of 61,360
Damn. Are they irredeemable even with the EQ boost app?

Is there a reason you really want to get the 65t over the Sony? I owned both and returned the Jabra. They're pretty great, but the Sony is just better both in terms of impact of sound and gym usage.

Aug 5, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #795 of 61,360
Is there a reason you really want to get the 65t over the Sony? I owned both and returned the Jabra. They're pretty great, but the Sony is just better both in terms of impact of sound and gym usage.

Mostly because of the praise on this thread and how well balanced they are in terms of sound, connectivity and noise isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back