Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 16, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #11,896 of 62,079
Bought these TWS mainly for the kids. I am not a big fan of bluetooth audio and already have more headphones/earbuds than I really need.....

Original plan was to find those Anbes 359's because of so many positive reviews/comments in this thread. But it seems those 359 are no longer available, so I changed the plan trying to find same buds made by same manufacturer but under other different reseller brands just like what many others did. It's a bit risky because there were some mixed feedbacks, until I found a webpage seems to be the factory in Shenzhen making all those UFO/BE30 variants. They claim those water drop shaped buds are out of a proprietary mold, and listed total 5 versions of the BE30 available for bulk orders. The cheapest version has Pixart BT solution, then 3 versions using Realtek solution. The latest and most expensive version has a Qualcomm QCC3020 chip in it. That latter one became my new target.

After few days searching on Amazon, I ordered these Kanoe model even though the charging case is not UFO shaped. As I don't have the original 359 to compare the sound, thus cannot be 100% sure if these are really what I think they were. But, considering the price point (<40), these are quite good in terms of build and sound quality. I am very happy with my purchase, so are the kids. YMMV
Nice, I thought they were different OEMS as I was seeing them on Alibaba under Ancreu, DOGO, Smart, but it seems some of these might be "brands" rather than OEM. DOGO asserted they collaborated with Monster which explains the Airlinks HD. Wish there was the QCC3020 with a UFO case, though it would be golden if someone adds Qi charging.

Anyone tried these before? Unfortunately it's not Amazon fulfilled so shipping is longer...
https://www.amazon.ca/KOSETON-Bluet...s=koseton&qid=1568657293&s=electronics&sr=1-1

Sep 16, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #11,897 of 62,079
Not sure how he thought of Awei in this case. And at least you have Amazon .in
Maybe they have the Tranya. (T3 or B530)

The Mpow t5 can be had from AliX for 51.35$ and they are very good.

Not sure how he thought of Awei. Amazon.in has all crap tws because of their launchpad tieups who sell Chinese OEMs at 3-4x the original cost. Will check about Tranya and Mpow ones. Thanks for the tip.

Sep 16, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #11,899 of 62,079
After lots of reads through the forum, I've just decided to go with an Edifier TWS5. Seems like the best middle ground option between chi-fi low price and recognizable brand with decent QC. The review from Gamesky was decisive since it cleared some of the features like independence of buds. Volume control is not something that I care so I guess that's why it doesn't bother me much.

Thanks for all the inputs on the thread. I've lurked and learned a lot. I'm not an expert on audio quality, but I can come back and at the very least give my insights about the functionality and quality.

They have to ship from China so now the wait begins :)

Sep 16, 2019 at 4:20 PM Post #11,900 of 62,079
After lots of reads through the forum, I've just decided to go with an Edifier TWS5. Seems like the best middle ground option between chi-fi low price and recognizable brand with decent QC. The review from Gamesky was decisive since it cleared some of the features like independence of buds. Volume control is not something that I care so I guess that's why it doesn't bother me much.

Thanks for all the inputs on the thread. I've lurked and learned a lot. I'm not an expert on audio quality, but I can come back and at the very least give my insights about the functionality and quality.

They have to ship from China so now the wait begins :)
I'd be very interested to know what you think of it after you get it. I've been looking at them for a while.

Sep 16, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #11,901 of 62,079
Just received the Edifier TWS1 from AliExpress yesterday:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33036956266.html
First impression is good. I haven’t attempted to compare it side by side with the QCY T1C which is the only other pair of TWS I have, but based on my memory here are the differences I notice:
- The Edifier is louder (may be that’s why I can hear some background faint hiss when there is nothing playing). The announcements are also very loud.
- The Edifier seems to provide more clarity and air due to mid/high being more forward.
- Comfort level is similar. May need more time to confirm. To me the tips that come with the Edifier fit me better. For the QCY I have to switch to Sony tips to get a good seal.
- The Edifier touch control can only perform start/stop and skip forward/backward. No volume and smart assistant. QCY’s physical button can do smart assistant.
- I need to get use to the magnetic cover of Edifier’s charging case that closes very eagerly. QCY’s case has no cover.
- Even though the Edifier uses the Qualcomm 3020 chip, it only supports SBC and AptX. The QCY supports SBC and AAC. I have Apple devices so I guess SBC is used. I do not know how much the encoding can affect the quality but in this case I think the sound signature difference probably plays a bigger role.
- The mic on the Edifier works. My QCY’s right mic is broken (I got a partial refund because of this :))
- Both exhibit delay with YouTube on iPhone and iPad.

In early conclusion, there is a noticeable difference in sound signature and loudness. I do wish it can support even lower volume but that’s probably just me.

I have tested the Edifier TWS1 a bit more, and one noticeable weakness compared to the QCY T1C is bluetooth reception. While walking on the street in downtown Vancouver (Canada) with my iPhone in my left jean pocket, I experienced some cut off. The left bud is primary for Edifier and the right bud is primary for QCY so you would expect the Edifier to be less prone to cut off since the primary is closer to the device but QCY actually performs better. I do not know for sure if clothing played a role because I was wearing more due to the cooler weather.

The Edifier also has a range issue with my rather old Macbook Pro that only supports BT 2.1. The issue may not be related to the BT version but just the strength of the Macbook Pro's signal. The Edifier started cutting off within 5 feet when I oriented myself a certain way whereas QCY worked from a larger distance. It also seems the right bud performed better than the left bud, which is unfortunate because the left bud is primary when used in stereo mode.

I'll put a feedback on AliExpress and see what the seller says.

Sep 16, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #11,903 of 62,079
Yes, it's still valid. I'll post back in a few days whether or not it was a wise purchase sonically speaking.
I don't see any code to enter when ordering on amazon, nor do I see one on the Jake link. ????
EDIT: Disregard...I see you have to be a member and log in to get the code. No thanks!

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #11,904 of 62,079
I don't see any code to enter when ordering on amazon, nor do I see one on the Jake link. ????
EDIT: Disregard...I see you have to be a member and log in to get the code. No thanks!

I saw that too, so I gave up my email to get the deal. Not too high a price to pay if the buds are good ...and I liked the bird logo.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #11,907 of 62,079
Sep 16, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #11,908 of 62,079
Since you are oddly so strongly opinionated about how inferior the Track Air + compared to the WF-1000MX3 that you already own, you should really do yourself a favor and check them out for yourself.

how can i be oddly opinionated as i don't own those buds? why would you accuse me of that since my initial post few pages back clearly says it were from reviews you've asked me to link. then you proceed to discredit the review, follow by implying that i've got a chip on my shoulder against the Track Air+ for posting the sources you requested that has a different opinion than you??

i don't know mate, sounds like you are the one that's opinionated since you own them? i have no opinions just putting forwards other reviews i gathered when i was doing research. If you think they are all incorrect than great?

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #11,909 of 62,079
Not sure how he thought of Awei. Amazon.in has all crap tws because of their launchpad tieups who sell Chinese OEMs at 3-4x the original cost. Will check about Tranya and Mpow ones. Thanks for the tip.
Checked for Tranya on amz.in and wow, you are not kidding with 3-4 times the price ... so silly ... is there like a crazy tax on shipments from China that prevents people from using AliExpress?
Greetings from your friendly neighbor island to the south, where we do not even have amazon.sl :)

Sep 16, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #11,910 of 62,079
Checked for Tranya on amz.in and wow, you are not kidding with 3-4 times the price ... so silly ... is there like a crazy tax on shipments from China that prevents people from using AliExpress?
Greetings from your friendly neighbor island to the south, where we do not even have amazon.sl :)

It's about India's trade policy of promoting local products. So if chifi products are bought in India from Indian sellers we have to pay crazy taxes. Also, Amazon India is promoting local startups via their launchpad program so many sellers refrain from selling chifi there. Lastly, most of this startups use OEMs so it's all the more pointless for chifi sellers to use Amazon. But AliExpress is a good outlet to purchase chifi stuff without extra taxes and at a genuine price. Greetings to you as well! Trust me you're missing nothing via amazon.sl. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back