Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 31, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #11,146 of 62,019
My QCY T3 are satisfying me, but I noticed I sometimes have to put them deeper in my ear canals to get the most out of the music.

Besides, bass is decent, mids are certainly there, highs are good.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Apparat and Moderat (Electronic music), and these headphones are...okayish to listen to that type of music, sometimes the bass seems to be a bit messy with the different beats, as if they were mixed up, and I don't like it much, but it's fine, I don't really wanna change earphones again.

Aug 31, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #11,147 of 62,019
rtings have just published reviews of the :
- Sony WF-1000xm3 : https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/sony/wf-1000xm3-truly-wireless
They're not too impressed overall and apparently had fitting problems. They only find the ANC "passable" and find that even with ANC on they don't isolate as well as the 65Ts...
The measurements Rtings produces are always very interesting, but you have to take their conclusions with a pinch of salt. In this case they show a massive spike in THD at 800Hz, going up to 10%. Their raw frequency response shows an anomalous valley at the same frequency. A huge isolated spike like this suggests that something was rattling around and causing a resonance. They should have persisted in trying to get a good fit because their results may have been affected by problems with their measurement setup.

Aug 31, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #11,148 of 62,019
Just noticed they don't have volume control. I'm wondering if you were to "disable absolute volume" if it would decrease in volume. It happens on the Astrotec S60, Earfun Free and BE30 Air, where you are unable to internally adjust volume yourself.
I’m actually running them mostly from my iPhone over AAC. When running them from my s8, I did not disable absolute volume. I’ll give it a shot and see what happens.

Aug 31, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #11,150 of 62,019
The measurements Rtings produces are always very interesting, but you have to take their conclusions with a pinch of salt. In this case they show a massive spike in THD at 800Hz, going up to 10%. Their raw frequency response shows an anomalous valley at the same frequency. A huge isolated spike like this suggests that something was rattling around and causing a resonance. They should have persisted in trying to get a good fit because their results may have been affected by problems with their measurement setup.

Yes I've noticed some inconsistencies in their testing as well, probably due to the fit achieved with their "dummy". They find the Cambridge Melomania 1 to be very isolating for instance (see https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tools/table/4187) while feedback here indicates they aren't that good in that area.

Aug 31, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #11,151 of 62,019
I just read about the Rtings and would throw out the whole review based on the major fact they did not get a good seal. I myself, could not get a good seal with the provided tips which is not unusual. I'm using the Spinfits and got a good seal great bass and the ANC works great for a IEM. You can not compare a full size headphone with ANC to an IEM with ANC.

Aug 31, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #11,152 of 62,019
You guys seem to ascribe to AptX some magic powers even compared to AAC. It as though bits just by themselves jump out of circuits and move the air into angelic sounds. Those drivers, careful sound shaping and tuning and acoustic paths are so low-tech and last century and really have little to do with SQ :).
Reason is because I have no AAC products, so for me it would be good to have. Although I have no complaints with the SBC implemented in my TWS at all. Believe me I know there is no magic as I have the Muddy Syllables with Aptx.

Aug 31, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #11,153 of 62,019
That's great news!!! I'm glad to hear they have meaty bass, I like thick bass. Let them run over night so they burn in, they probably will sound even nicer after. I hope I can get these pair up. The fit remind me of the jabra elites i had, fit was horrible with stock tips, changed them out to some others I had and I was good to go. I'll keep playing with it, if someone else got them please chime in.
Ordered the OFUSHO F16 last night. After reading some amazon reviews most said crispy highs and good bass. Have to wait till Sept 9. Hopefully it will ship sooner and be here this week. I hope these are as good as those $80 Tevis TWS I was wanting with the same features. Be my first purchase in two months. I'm so psyched. :D BigZ12 you gonna get these?
51HQs13811L._AC_SY400_.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #11,154 of 62,019
I've tried 3 different TaoTronics and returned all 3. It was last year, but i remember how they just couldn't compete with the soundpeats I ended up with. Then i found the $25 syllable D900p's they sound better to me, less bass for sure and no aptx, but wires suck.:yum: Is there a reason you don't want TWS'?
It's not that I don't want TWS, I was paying more attention to the codec and to battery life. So no TWS means that it plays in mono? According to Qualcomm's page the QCC3034 supports "TrueWireless Stereo Function". Seems like a gross oversight by the manufacture to not implement something that is built into the chipset. Or, it's there and just not advertised as TWS.

Aug 31, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #11,157 of 62,019
Reason is because I have no AAC products, so for me it would be good to have. Although I have no complaints with the SBC implemented in my TWS at all. Believe me I know there is no magic as I have the Muddy Syllables with Aptx.
Out of curiosity, what do you connect your TWS' to?

Aug 31, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #11,159 of 62,019
Just noticed they don't have volume control. I'm wondering if you were to "disable absolute volume" if it would decrease in volume. It happens on the Astrotec S60, Earfun Free and BE30 Air, where you are unable to internally adjust volume yourself.
I just turned it on and off several times when playing music and it didn't change the volume level. I'm using a Galaxy s8.

Aug 31, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #11,160 of 62,019
Just checked my Tranya B530 order.
I bought them on the 27th as part of the beta, and they will be delivered next Wednesday.
If I were to buy them right now, they'd be here within 48 hours.
How does that happen?
Mine arrived yesterday. Still testing them. Does anyone know if they support aptx or AAC? Not much information on the website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back