Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 30, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #11,086 of 62,082
So I just blind bought an QCY T1C/QS1 based on suggestions of a website called scarbir ...

@Bartig 's reviews are ruining people's wallets :D ... I fell into the rabbit hole when he was still publishing on medium.com :wink:

I can second the notion of the Mifo O5 as not too bassy. Lovely!

Oh man, I miss Hanoi, I used to live there ... get a burger at Tracey's for me (on Xuan Dieu, Tay Ho :) )

Aug 30, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #11,087 of 62,082
Really? That bad? This is a priority to me since I want to use it for outdoor biking.

Then you'll have to look elsewhere. I'd suggest AirPods style TWS that will naturally not block the sound

Aug 30, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #11,088 of 62,082
Received the Lenovo HT10 after a 21 day wait from Gearvita.
20190830_083344[1].jpg

The are my first set of wireless buds as I usually use my BGVP DM6, iSine 10, or Koss PortaPros when I do portable listening.
20190830_083357[1].jpg

I do not like to be a HypeBeast but these sound fantastic even compared to more expensive wired gear. All my listening impressions are based off AptX on my Activo CT10. (Sorry for the poor image quality. It was the only way to get proof I was on AptX)
20190828_212049_HDR.jpg

As someone else pointed out, these are micro usb not usb type-c. Still an awesome set at $42.
20190830_083423.jpg

These have really changed my opinion on TWS buds and I will be looking for a set that supports full AptX HD. I listened to these for 6 hours at work yesterday and was unable to kill the battery. I was amazed there was little to no sound degradation and I believe most audiophiles will find these more than adequate regarding sound quality. Will post full impressions later.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #11,090 of 62,082
These really look awesome and super sleek,man!! But I’ve restraining myself of grabbing something above 100 bucks,especially now that the offer is blossoming well below that prices and literally everyday new buddies pop up.

Ummm, Do the Marleys have true mono mode? With that I mean that you can take any bud back to the case, no matter which, and the other one keeps rocking and doesn’t need to be re-paired and stuff...
No, it doesn't have true mono mode. One is the master, so that one still works fine when you put the other in the case (there is no pause, etc.). According to the literature, you can set the master to either the R or L (whichever one you initially pair with your device).

upload_2019-8-30_8-55-33.png

Aug 30, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #11,091 of 62,082
Received the Lenovo HT10 after a 21 day wait from Gearvita.
The are my first set of wireless buds as I usually use my BGVP DM6, iSine 10, or Koss PortaPros when I do portable listening.

I do not like to be a HypeBeast but these sound fantastic even compared to more expensive wired gear. All my listening impressions are based off AptX on my Activo CT10. (Sorry for the poor image quality. It was the only way to get proof I was on AptX)

As someone who pointed out, these are micro usb not usb type-c. Still an awesome set at $42.

These have really changed my opinion on TWS buds and I will be looking for a set that supports full AptX HD. I listened to these for 6 hours at work yesterday and was unable to kill the battery. I was amazed there was little to no sound degradation and I believe most audiophiles will find these more than adequate regarding sound quality. Will post full impressions later.
Thanks for the impressions, they look almost identical to the Tranya T3. i'm looking forward to your review.

Aug 30, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #11,092 of 62,082
Listened to the T3 last night. Initial impressions are good, deep bass but a little overlapping into the mids region. Treble was recessed and soundstage was a little narrow. Might need some break-in (if you believe in that). I will try it out again later tonight. Through the Shanling M2X, was very nice. Weird with no cables. Pairing was easy and fast.
upload_2019-8-30_12-31-25.png

upload_2019-8-30_12-31-42.png

Aug 30, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #11,093 of 62,082
These have really changed my opinion on TWS buds and I will be looking for a set that supports full AptX HD.
I've been doing some research, and it seems like you'll be looking in vain. Even the pricey Sennheiser only advertises standard AptX.
I suspect the problem is power consumption. I'm pretty sure that's why the Sony MX3s don't have LDAC, for instance. A Soc like the QCC5121 has AptX HD, and advertises the same 6mA consumption seen on the AptX-only QCC3020, but it's telling that the 6mA figure is rated for SBC only. Other SoCs that feature AptX HD (like the QCC5126) need 10mA, which is probably more power than a TWS can really supply without cutting the usable time on one charge (or sticking on a big battery).

[EDIT]Apparently the Libratone Track Air+ runs on the QCC5121, but on their site they only claim standard AptX in the specs.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #11,094 of 62,082
As a long time user of JVC Spiral Dots, I recently took the plunge and paid 11.99 for two pair of Spinfit 360's. As far as fit is concerned for all my TWS' they feel fantastic. In my comparisons I noticed the spinfits made the sound a bit louder and gave the T5's more punchy mid bass, more balanced mids and a pretty noticeable reduction in clarity. I didn't notice quite as much with my 359's, but the bass seemed a bit more smashed together the clarity was also effected. cymbals and attack on snare drums and high hats were just not as realistic and live sounding, panning guitars and instruments seems less dramatic, Guitars had more attack, but less crunch as well. I also noticed that the imaging was more central and the sound stage wasn't quite as wide. I tested these using the new tool album as reference, the recording and engineering is incredible. It's kind of a bummer because I really like the way these fit and feel. However, I will say that I was listening to a playlist yesterday and after about 5 songs it dawned on me that certain songs i'd heard several times before sounded better to me while using the 360 tips. This was partly to never hearing them in AptX but also the T5's do lack Low mid bass and the 360's do a great job boosting this. It really makes the mids on the sound different to my ears. So If you want pure clarity and an unimpeded tip that lets you experience exactly how the TWS's was designed then the JVC Spinfit is for you, but myself like many of you, like a lot of different sound signatures, you may want to grab some 360's if you haven't already. BTW, You can also get 3 pairs of Spinfits for $10 from PENON.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #11,095 of 62,082
I've been doing some research, and it seems like you'll be looking in vain. Even the pricey Sennheiser only advertises standard AptX.
I suspect the problem is power consumption. I'm pretty sure that's why the Sony MX3s don't have LDAC, for instance. A Soc like the QCC5121 has AptX HD, and advertises the same 6mA consumption seen on the AptX-only QCC3020, but it's telling that the 6mA figure is rated for SBC only. Other SoCs that feature AptX HD (like the QCC5126) need 10mA, which is probably more power than a TWS can really supply without cutting the usable time on one charge (or sticking on a big battery).

[EDIT]Apparently the Libratone Track Air+ runs on the QCC5121, but on their site they only claim standard AptX in the specs.
This is why i come here! I appreciate the technical insight!

Aug 30, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #11,097 of 62,082
Been purchasing many different true wireless earbuds since lurking on this thread. Although it seems it’s not one of the favs on here, I’ve settled on the Mifo 05 Pros as my favorite daily driver. And even though they’re not “true wireless”, my other favorites are the new RHA T20 wireless (neckband style).

Anyways, just finished sending back to Amazon most of the earbuds I didn’t keep. However, I missed the return date on sealed/unopened sets of a Sabbat E12 and Kissrall R18 (bought two of each set and kept one of both for occasional use). Anyone interested in buying these off of me for a reasonable price?

Aug 30, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #11,098 of 62,082
this should be launching soon, qcc51xx series. But im guessing no apt-x hd here either.

If they are anything like the regular version, it'll be a pass for me. The regular version does not have volume OR track control. At $149 (regular version), that's just not acceptable to me. Also, it doesn't seem to be a hardware limitation, rather a feature that's just not activated.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #11,099 of 62,082
Been purchasing many different true wireless earbuds since lurking on this thread. Although it seems it’s not one of the favs on here, I’ve settled on the Mifo 05 Pros as my favorite daily driver. And even though they’re not “true wireless”, my other favorites are the new RHA T20 wireless (neckband style).

Anyways, just finished sending back to Amazon most of the earbuds I didn’t keep. However, I missed the return date on sealed/unopened sets of a Sabbat E12 and Kissrall R18 (bought two of each set and kept one of both for occasional use). Anyone interested in buying these off of me for a reasonable price?
Wow, don't get banned from Amazon! :xf_eek:

Aug 30, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #11,100 of 62,082
Wow, don't get banned from Amazon! :xf_eek:
I kept a lot of them for occasional use (Tranya T3, the E12’s, R18’s, Mifo Sports, AirPods, Jabra Elite Active, Jabra 65 elite, etc). I spend around 1K a month on Amazon (including groceries, household supplies, pet stuff, etc) and only return around 5% of my purchases. I think I should be fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back