1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?

First

Back
660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669
671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680
Next

Last
  1. hifi80sman
    That's exactly what I found with their DSEE processing; it sounds "processed". I always turn it off. On the over-ear XM3, the difference is noticeable. You go from a natural (amplified) sound, to a slightly "computerized" characteristic. It's subtle with some tracks, but more noticeable with others. More marketing behind DSEE than actual "upscaling".

Spamateur likes this.
  2. Spamateur
    Oof yeah I see they raised the price back up by $20 since they were on sale a couple weeks ago. Looks like you can get them off Amazon with Prime shipping, so at least you have a great return policy if you decide to return em. Let me know if you ever get a chance to give them a listen. I'd love your feedback as these mixed reactions are really surprising to me considering how damn picky I am, but I guess everyone likes something different.

3. hifi80sman
    You can always return it... :p

4. clerkpalmer
    I live in fear of being banned by amazon and Best Buy for life. If amazon ever banned me, my wife would chop my n@ts off.

d3myz, vstolpner, actorlife and 2 others like this.
  5. Spamateur
    Ahhh yeah that sounds really unfortunate and differs from my own experience, especially the rattle/resonance you report. I hate to chalk this up to variance in build quality (they're not the most premium-feeling TW model by any means) but it sounds like something might be wrong with the pair you got? I get plenty of bass thump and I definitely like bass north of neutral. I can't argue with you about the call quality though... they're probably middling in that regard although functional enough for work conference calls in my experience.

6. hifi80sman
    I got a 90 day ban from Best Buy once, but then I just started paying cash and returning at different Best Buy locations, as to not be "made". They never once asked for ID.

I buy so much stuff on Amazon that a few returns here and there never affect me. I did receive a "we're concerned" email once, but that was early on in this hobby and I literally returned like 12 pairs of headphones, in like, 12 days.

bronco1015 and mixolyd like this.
  7. Aerosphere
    I am quite happy with the performance I get from mere 17$ Airdots... I wonder where this is going ^^

8. clerkpalmer
    Enabler.

bronco1015, d3myz, vstolpner and 2 others like this.
  9. actorlife
    In 3 months all these TWS will all be on sale in time for Black Friday. I can't wait to try and return if sh%t. Going UFO crazy if those new designs ever get a release. Give me give me give me. Rahaha

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    d3myz likes this.
  10. Spamateur
    Hahahaha oh man. I try to keep my returns infrequent enough to not get flagged. Luckily there aren't enough TW IEMs I'm legitimately interested in for that to be a problem, and mostly staying away from Chifi has helped in that regard with the plethora of rebranded OEM units out there.

11. Spamateur
    I haven't heard the Nuarl, but could you expand on what you like about them versus the Air-X? I might have to give them a shot.

FWIW, I don't think one is objectively better than another as we all know it's a matter of personal preference, and I preferred the Mavin to the MTW, although the bugs and build quality/design issues I had with the latter probably strongly colored my experience.

12. 05stisilver
    I love the Nuarl's high's. I feel they are more resolving, articulate, and textured than the Mavin's. They also dare I say make the Mavin's seem a bit muddy and dark. The Nuarl's also have more of a low end presence as well. It is possible from your previous comments that the high's maybe a bit too much for your liking. Someone also posted a while back about the high's of the Nuarl as well and how they loved them (it may have been actorlife).

Spamateur likes this.
  13. jant71
    Been Using the the Duet 50 with my AGPtek player and MP3 players do carry their sigs into BT. Really like how these two match with enough bass and detail but the vocals are more the star of the show. Quite impressed yesterday at the focus and clarity and intelligibility of words on some songs. Even if I sound like that Amazon review that was impressive regardless of wired or wireless. Just very good.

I too have gotten more attached to the BB since the first day or two. They are almost as good as the glowing Amazon reviews :) now up to around 25 now from the 11 when I first pulled the trigger.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  14. d3myz
    I just returned 7 sets of TWS' this week to Amazon. :L3000: No ban, but like @hifi80sman, I too buy so much stuff from amazon, they'd probably be losing a small chunk of change if they banned me. :yum:

bronco1015 and hifi80sman like this.
  15. d3myz
    These look nice, but as mentioned the price is a little steep. The specs are exactly on par with the MPOW T5, but I don't believe the T5 uses a graphene driver. I'd really like to get my hands on some at a lower price.

BigZ12 and FYLegend like this.
First

Back
660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669
671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680
Next

Last