Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 19, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #9,181 of 62,074
Keep in mind all of this is highly subjective, as we all know one person's ideal signature is another person's bloated bass cannon or bright and brittle presentation.

Full disclosure: I primarily listen to my 2-channel stereo setup at home in a fully treated listening room with Dirac room correction, so my personal preference is for accuracy, natural tonality, and clarity/detail retrieval. This results in something similar to a Harman frequency response. With that said, strong YMMV qualifier:

Purely in terms of sound quality, I thought the MTW were decent, but simply not as good as the Mavin Air-X which is selling for $120 right now, and has become my gold standard in TW IEMs. The Mavins are a warmish take on neutral with the best clarity and detail retrieval of any TW model I've tried. They're balanced and neutral throughout the frequency response with a tastefully elevated bass and an extended treble that's among the most natural-sounding I've heard from any IEM. The Senns sounded somewhat U-shaped in terms of frequency response which resulted in a sound that was too aggressive for my taste, and weren't as good as the Air-X in terms of imaging and separation. Even after trying to use the Sennheiser app's EQ feature (which isn't the best... give me a real banded EQ) they never sounded right and sounded cold to my ears. Solely based on sound quality, the Air-X are significantly better IMO. Beyond that, add in the Air-X's 10-hour battery life, a case that stores a ridiculous amount of charges (I charge it maybe once every few weeks), Qualcomm TrueWireless Stereo Plus, and bug-free operation out of the box, you're really only missing firmware updates and a dedicated app (which tbh I couldn't get working consistently with the MTW when I owned it).

I ended up returning the MTW because of the battery drain/charging situation, the flimsy hinge on the case, the app that worked infrequently for me (YMMV), the goofy EQ functionality, and the fact that even when working flawlessly the Sennheiser isn't even capable of battery life to last a cross-country flight, and I simply don't understand how they can be asking $300 considering all the competition on the market. I even preferred the sound signature of the Bose SoundSport Free, although the MTW was better in terms of detail retrieval, connectivity reliability and passive noise isolation.

I have no problem shelling out for an expensive TW IEM if it's worth it, but I just found the Sennheiser had too many compromises, and I consider myself a fan of Sennheiser in general. I hope they improve their second gen product whenever they get around to making one. The MTW I very much see as among the best of the "TW 1.0" generation true wireless IEMs, whereas the "2nd gen" TW models coming out now are a significant step forward in terms of battery life, ease of use, and in many cases sound quality.
Didn't read ahead before posting a reply to your previous post, Thanks for your thoughts.

Jul 19, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #9,182 of 62,074
I often use just one of my Earin M2 when listening to audio books as they can be used in mono and either bud can be master or slave and either left or right[/QUOTE Have you seen anything about a possible successor to the M2?

Jul 19, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #9,183 of 62,074

No nothing

Jul 19, 2019 at 5:22 AM Post #9,185 of 62,074
The Kissral R18 commercial says: "Wake up Siri at any time" (Press 3 times in a row to wake up Siri).
My Anbes doesn't do this. (marked Anbes, bought on Aliexpress from ZC Line)
BTW, both the rubber covers have fallen off. I said I glued them back on, but now they're loose again.
Does the covers fall off for everyone?
Have I got a "dud" with loose covers, and no Siri?
Edit: They sound good though :)

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #9,188 of 62,074
It's insane how good super affordable true wireless earphones sound these days. The Tranya T1-Pro (left above) Mpow T5 (biiig case) and Anbes XG-13 ($13!) are brilliant.

C20E7DAF-AF15-46D9-8444-AD04EE50ABDA.jpeg

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #9,189 of 62,074
It's insane how good super affordable true wireless earphones sound these days. The Tranya T1-Pro (left above) Mpow T5 (biiig case) and Anbes XG-13 ($13!) are brilliant.

Did the Anbes box have the anbes name on it? Is the review up? Was this the model I linked like 3 weeks ago?

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #9,190 of 62,074
Anyone else bothered by High pitched sound while charging inside the case?

I have this problem with the TFZ X1, but a friend said he had it with several models.

Jul 19, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #9,191 of 62,074
Oh definitely, I meant audible not measurable lol
Anyone else bothered by High pitched sound while charging inside the case?

I have this problem with the TFZ X1, but a friend said he had it with several models.

Had it with my mifo O5, both when charging the case and charging the earphones inside the case. It's not unusual for electronics to make that sound, but it's typically a sign of cheap parts

Jul 19, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #9,192 of 62,074
That's the same seller I got mine from, so you should be receiving the latest version. A few pages back, I posted a video if me increasing the volume just as the seller described.
Have you found a way to turn the T5 off besides putting them back in the case that doesn't restart or ffwd the track? The manual says to long press the right bud for 7 seconds.When I listen to audiobooks it's super annoying to lose my place each time I want to power them off. I love the T5 but the super loud "power on" or "disconnected", "Power Off" reminds me of my Jaybird X3's that play a silly jingle at a set volume when powering on and off. Other than those small annoyances, they are fantastic.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #9,193 of 62,074
Did the Anbes box have the anbes name on it? Is the review up? Was this the model I linked like 3 weeks ago?

I think yes, that's the one you recommended on July 5th ... I ordered on 7th an am still waiting ...
You mentioned they would have volume control ... just reading over the specs again, I wonder what gave you the impression (or I might have missed it)

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #9,194 of 62,074
I've been playing with the Tiso i4 and they have a ton of base... Way more than my T3'S.... I'll actually have my review of them up in a day or two... And they look cool + are tiny

Between the 359 and T3, the T3 do have more base and sit generally nicer. I can understand why some people prefer them... I've actually been using them so much that I need to go back to my 359's to see which one I actually prefer more.

I do like that the T3'S light doesn't blink incessantly. The Anbes are a little too much "Christmas lights" for me
I'm am always surpirsed how good the Tiso i4 sounds, when I used them, they are so easy to carry around very lightweight and portable, but for me they have absolutely zero sub bass. it's all low/mid bass. If you are getting more bass than the T3 i'd like to what tips you are using, because I need to get on board. The tiso doesn't have quite the soundstage or the definition, The only way I know how to describe it is squashed together with the bass. I do also use the JVC spiral dots with them, and they are a wide bore, maybe I need to try a different tip?

Jul 19, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #9,195 of 62,074
I think yes, that's the one you recommended on July 5th ... I ordered on 7th an am still waiting ...
You mentioned they would have volume control ... just reading over the specs again, I wonder what gave you the impression (or I might have missed it)
Cool. It says in the specs that they have vol control. If it's coming up as french just change to English on top right of page. My Android would not let me copy and paste for some reason. Also let us know how many hours you get at half volume. Says 3-4hrs. Still for 10 bucks if the sq is anything like the 359 I'll have to acquire them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back