Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 4, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #7,306 of 62,117
QS1/T1C is not that technical. It’s a single dynamic micro driver. It sounds good for what it is, but it’s not going to compare to a 5 driver wired IEM. It also doesn't have that 'BA treble'. It's got a smooth, dynamic treble.

I’d say it’s pretty close to something like the EDR1 in sound profile and technical abilities. Which isn't a bad thing by any means.
Didn't expect it would be, just curious where it fell relative to. Leaning towards selling off my BT20 and half-tempted to get a standalone pair/set out of frustration with too many cable end types. :p (Also pondering a receiver, but I can't quite give up on the notion that if I have to mess with Bluetooth I should get the benefits too...) And I'm relatively new to BA treble anyhow so not particularly attached to it, it's just that as long as the sound isn't too unbalanced I'm more concerned with detail than the exact signature.

Not sure I have that model, ATR/MH755 maybe? Those might have been better starting comparisons...

Jun 4, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #7,307 of 62,117
Didn't expect it would be, just curious where it fell relative to. Leaning towards selling off my BT20 and half-tempted to get a standalone pair/set out of frustration with too many cable end types. :p (Also pondering a receiver, but I can't quite give up on the notion that if I have to mess with Bluetooth I should get the benefits too...) And I'm relatively new to BA treble anyhow so not particularly attached to it, it's just that as long as the sound isn't too unbalanced I'm more concerned with detail than the exact signature.

Not sure I have that model, ATR/MH755 maybe? Those might have been better starting comparisons...

They’re really cheap - why not get a pair to try out? I’m sure you won’t regret it. I love mine! I used it all day while cycling.

Jun 5, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #7,308 of 62,117
Just got a message from an Ali seller - said that the TFZ B.V2 are dynamic driver... Aren't they supposed to be balanced armature? Anyone can confirm?

Jun 5, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #7,309 of 62,117
no such option for apt-x on lg. Have set up a macro that opens dev. options and change from aac to apt-x on affected gear.
i have only owned 1 bt dev where this would be applicable, the psb m4u8. i used it with my v20, v30 and v40, and i got that popup mentioned every time i initially paired the m4u8 to the phone. when i'd choose best sound quality the first time, i never had that prommpt again and when i'd connect them i'd get a little notification that said, ""connected using aptxhd audio. and in dev options it would say the same thing. i'd definitely upload a screenshot if i could, but i literally just sold my m4u8's last wednesday. But that's a great idea setting up a macro so you don't have to worry about that in the future.

Jun 5, 2019 at 5:02 AM Post #7,310 of 62,117
i have only owned 1 bt dev where this would be applicable, the psb m4u8. i used it with my v20, v30 and v40, and i got that popup mentioned every time i initially paired the m4u8 to the phone. when i'd choose best sound quality the first time, i never had that prommpt again and when i'd connect them i'd get a little notification that said, ""connected using aptxhd audio. and in dev options it would say the same thing. i'd definitely upload a screenshot if i could, but i literally just sold my m4u8's last wednesday. But that's a great idea setting up a macro so you don't have to worry about that in the future.

Theres no issue with apt-x hd I think, just normal apt-x. Why lg chooses aac first I have no clue.
Tried contacting lg about it, but how they handle updates that is of no use.

One other reason im waiting for apt-x hd tws. But theres no such product in the pipeline I guess.
The latest product released with qcc51xx series, Libratone Track Air+, does only have sbc and may be later upgraded to non-hd apt-x. Also it seems to have very basic controls, only double tap.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #7,311 of 62,117
The dream list for me

Multi device Bluetooth pairing (to use a DAP & phone)
AptX HD or LDAC
Ability to ad eq (because I use Qobuz which doesn't have a built in eq)

I think it's going to be a long wait....

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 8:54 AM Post #7,313 of 62,117
I listen to podcasts and podcasts can have different file volumes. Audiobooks, music, and podcasts for sure there will probably need volume adjustment and the Slide is the stupid hold for volume deal. I, myself, would skip it for having no rewind and the need for hold for volume change. With touch control and if you just want that one volume notch change it may end up being frustrating if it over shoots and is finicky. I am not buying any model that isn't single tap volume and leaves out any track control even if only rewind. Slide seems good in many ways otherwise though.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #7,314 of 62,117
Theres no issue with apt-x hd I think, just normal apt-x. Why lg chooses aac first I have no clue.
Tried contacting lg about it, but how they handle updates that is of no use.

One other reason im waiting for apt-x hd tws. But theres no such product in the pipeline I guess.
The latest product released with qcc51xx series, Libratone Track Air+, does only have sbc and may be later upgraded to non-hd apt-x. Also it seems to have very basic controls, only double tap.

So the Libratone is out at last ! Found a review here https://www.chiphell.com/thread-2002570-1-1.html that I translated with Chrome.
They didn't find it very comfortable but they were pretty impressed with the ANC even though they didn't find it as good as on the QC35. There is a mention of the SBC only although it's supposed to have APTX...that should come with an OTA update ?

Jun 5, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #7,315 of 62,117
OK, keep us posted. Since David8613's order got shipped I'll give it a couple more days...no rush since they're just to have a backup for me Leezzii X12
Still very curious about differences/similarities to Lezii x12. I wonder if this cheapo also has a 14mm driver... maybe only way to find out is to open them. And I am not a mod-guy. Let’s first see if they sound similar. Still very much enjoying the vast soundstage of the Lezii.

And then compare them to THOSE earbud style babies :wink:

66F1D027-BFC5-475C-94BD-3AF898D900FC.jpeg

And speaking of cheaaap TWE ... I was just too curious and ordered those guys as well :)
896F7E6C-1653-4CEB-A81C-E8FA91C2598D.jpeg

Jun 5, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #7,316 of 62,117
So the Libratone is out at last ! Found a review here https://www.chiphell.com/thread-2002570-1-1.html that I translated with Chrome.
They didn't find it very comfortable but they were pretty impressed with the ANC even though they didn't find it as good as on the QC35. There is a mention of the SBC only although it's supposed to have APTX...that should come with an OTA update ?

Looks pretty cool. But no APTX or AAC is a deal breaker. I wouldn't expect ANC to compete with something like QC35 but hopefully it's better than the Sony TWs.

Jun 5, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #7,317 of 62,117
Guys...

My Creative Outlier Air are broken, again.

The new pair worked like a charm for a week, and today when I tried to use them, the left earphone was muffled and really low compared to the right one.

Last time it was the right one, doing the same thing.

I'm getting annoyed.

I sent an e-mail, in which I also asked if it was possible to receive a pair of bigger ear tips.

Let's see what happens...

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #7,318 of 62,117
Pamu Slide is live now: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pamu-slide-born-for-music-never-fall-out#/

Still not sure if I should get these for my first wireless IEMs. Will be used to listen to podcasts, audiobooks and a little music. Any thoughts are much appreciated!

I ended up deciding against it for a couple reasons.

Looking back at their last couple campaigns you can see several dissatisfied backers they haven’t responded to. The wireless charging option is $70, and at that price you have quite a few options that at least have been tried on here. For me personally, not looking for the AirPods look as I use these mostly at the gym. Also their big selling feature is the reverse wireless charging which I feel will be basically useless. At best it’s going to trickle to your phone and completely deplete the battery on the case.

Jun 5, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #7,319 of 62,117
Just got a message from an Ali seller - said that the TFZ B.V2 are dynamic driver... Aren't they supposed to be balanced armature? Anyone can confirm?

Just talking to myself here....

Update: TFZ B.V2 are no longer Balanced Armature :confounded::cry:
This was confirmed by Ali sellers "The Fragrant Zither Official Store" and by "Penon Audio Store"
New design is a 6mm dynamic (the posting specs have just been updated too: Vocalism Principle - Dynamic)

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #7,320 of 62,117
So far the Anbes is winning on soundstage and treble. Bass is great, but wanna see if it settles down some. They are a bit louder than the Anbes. I also wanna try different tips. Will do some overnite pink noise to see if any improvement. Have to test phone call quality. I know I will be asked. So far these sound a bit like the Sabbat X12 I used to own, but with a tad bit more clarity. Like I've said before I use these for Music/Youtube/Netflix mostly.

I used the Anbes eartips and the sound greatly improved on the Syllable S101. The treble was more sparkly and bass was more powerful and hard hitting, although the soundstage was still not as big as the Anbes 359. Hopefully they will open up. I left them to burn-in and will try different tips tonight. I will also test the battery to see if it reaches 8hrs. Still I'm satisfied with them for the price so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back