1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?

First

Back
388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397
399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408
Next

Last
  1. zerolight
    Thanks Howdy. To be clear I was thinking isine over cipher v2 not Bluetooth and waiting for a next gen wireless IEM (I still have the sound sport wireless non free and MDR-1000x). I sold my K10u last month.

Is the cable issue you mention, all or just BT. Do the isine over v2 cable hold up? Or should I look elsewhere for a good headset to use direct from iphone XS? If so then maybe I will get MTW in meantime.

2. clerkpalmer
    No shocks to date but I will investigate with a different model.

Slater likes this.
  3. SteveOliver
    Updating the Sennheiser MTW went without issue. I will be testing them for the rest of the week.

If anybody else has updated to the latest F/W have you noticed a more balanced sound signature, a bit less bass? I haven't used them for a few weeks due to the issues I was having but they sound different, probably just my imagination.

4. Nailzs
    Does the Sennheiser MTW update do anything with aptx HD? I have it downloaded but don't have time before going to work to update the firmware.

5. richario
    I use the AS10's with the BT20 and love the synergy, zero hiss and great sound. I fully recommend this pairing, it's become my daily driver and favourite combo. They also work well with ZS10 but hiss with ZS6.
    There's lots of Ali / Head-Fi reviews noting the poor pairing with the V80 / BT20, which is kind of unfortunate considering TRN used the V80 in every marketing picture I saw promoting the BT20.

Slater likes this.
  6. SteveOliver
    No only Aptx as far as I can tell. The instructions say you can use them while they are updating. Just don't put them back in the case until the update is finished.

7. BigZ12
    I just wanted to say I love the Tiso i4 too!
    So small and snug in my ears I cannot feel them. Guess I can sleep on the side with these little rascals without feeling them pressed on the pillow. Amazing comfort.
    Marginal better sound than QCY I think. The highs are more present / a litt more detailed? Bass a little more reserved, but punchy and deep while the vocals/mids are on par with the T2C.
    Wonderful products for $20 both of them. :heart:

Can confirm i4 supports AAC too.
    Buttons are good. With the fit in my ears I don't feel I have to push them further in to make the buttons work.
    Mic are confirmed good in quiet surroundings.
    BT5.0 connection are flawless! Can walk around my 65 m2 apartment without dropouts. (iPhone X)

What baffles me the most? NO noise what so ever... when MTW and E8 had "SBC/NFMI noise" and crackle on the right, the T1C and i4 is absolutely noise free.... again at $20... I love it!

For that price? 10 out of 10!

EDIT: Very nice fit with the Comply True Wireless tips I bought for my returned MTWs. (they were too small for a good seal with the MTWs, but fit the i4 100% in my ears)
    IMG_2617.JPG IMG_2615.JPG

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    MrBiN, Caipirina, Bartig and 3 others like this.
  8. chinmie
    interesting because your experience with the i4 is different from others, that you find the bass is reserved and the treble more detailed while others find the bass bigger and the treble more rolled off compared to the T1c...

might be because on the i4 you are using smaller tips? also will using other eartips with the i4 fit in the case and charge?

9. BigZ12
    I am using the Comply True Wireless tips with i4. (my review was based when using them and also the second biggest silicon tips that were included)
    I use the Comply T-200 with the T2C (1-2mm cut off for comfort and to fit them in the charging case... i guess you saw that in my picture)
    The Comply TW tip fits the i4 charging case. I have to push the buds down to make them connect, but just a little nudge. Then they sit in place nicely.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    chinmie likes this.
  10. BigZ12
    Bugger :)
    I was a little quick... the bass is not reserved when using the Comply TW tips. Listening to some bass heavy tracks now (Infected Mushrooms - Avratz for example). And the bass is HEAVY on such tracks. I still think the highs are marginal more detailed on the i4.
    Bass is reserved with silicon tips. (both with the included and two Spinfit tips (CP100 and CP100Z). But the Spinfits do not fit in the charging case (they sounded good) :frowning2:

11. jrm27
    You know... the BT20 looks like an interesting solution (allbeit for listening only). Could I pair these up with an old set of westone ES5?

12. david8613
    I don't think your getting a proper seal, the galaxy buds have lots of bass, I mean plenty, not light at all on bass, the galaxy buds have a very nice sound sig.

i did the new update to my sennheiser momentum buds with out hitch, took longer than usual for a truewireless update, I heard the update is very big. I can see after update it definitely pairs with my Samsung note 8 phone much faster! and it is not losing connection as much as before forcing you to play with them a bit to get it to re-pair again. I also feel the sound seems a little nicer, cleaner, more separation not by much but it is noticeable, maybe connection strength is better now than before.

13. fortquo7
    So like many of you I've been searching for the perfect TWS IEM. I've read almost 100 pages of this thread and I have to say thanks for all the valuable insight!

I wound up purchasing the MW07 and except for the fact they're absolutely gorgeous (Yeah, it's insane) I'm underwhelmed to say the least. I've tried them on my iPhone XS Max and my MacBook Pro and in both instances the treble is so harsh it's almost painful, and the bass seems very disappointing. I frequently have to turn down the pair just to get the treble to where it is manageable. Very little bass response even though I've tried multiple ear tips. I've tried many TWS budget models (currently on the JLab JBuds Air) and they all seem to sound better. So am I crazy? Is my pair defective or is my untrained ear just that bad?

14. Slater
    What is the connector type?

15. jrm27
    Its the old 2 pin setup... I'm not sure what that is called though! Time for me to do some research.

First

Back
388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397
399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408
Next

Last