1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?

First

Back
387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396
398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407
Next

Last
  1. Slater
    So as to stay on topic, I will only address the (true wireless) BT20 model.

On my 2-pin version, I always use a popular quad driver. On the mmcx I mainly use the ibasso IT01, but I’ve also used the Pioneer CH9T.

If you let me know what IEMs you’re having the issue on, I’ll be happy to try it for you (all my gear is in my profile). I can try the T2 if you want me to (although the fit of the T2 is so finicky it may be an instant fail).

Note that both the IT01 and CH9T aren’t hybrids. Maybe that’s what’s causing your issue? Or perhaps an impedance matching issue?

Anyways, I get zero hiss on all 3. However, as I mentioned before there is a barely perceptible ‘white noise’ static sound, but only when the music is paused.

I get hiss on a few off my ultra sensitive all-BA wired IEMs (when connected to some sources). That’s an actual ‘hisssss’ sound, and it’s present all the time.

The static sound in the BT20 is like a ‘shhhhhhh’ sound, like tuning a radio or old school analog TV static/white noise. And despite it only being present when the music is paused, the sound goes away after 5 seconds. I think it’s a sleep/power saving function.

This is not unique to the BT20, as I’ve heard the same barely perceived ‘white noise’ static sound on other Bluetooth gear.

I don’t know if the BT20 ‘static’ is the same thing you’re hearing (or referring to as hiss).

Hope that helps.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    d3myz likes this.
  2. Slater
    I’m willing to bet the issue is the v80 not being a good match for the (total wireless) BT20.

I don’t own the v80, but it is widely reported as having some sort of electrical or grounding design issue. When wired, it even shocks people directly in their ear canal.

Try something other than the v80 and report back :wink:

d3myz likes this.
  3. SteveOliver
    I just downloaded an Apr 2nd update to the Sennheiser Smart Control app. Presumably it has all the F/W updates for the MTW. Now, of course they are totally flat in the case so charging them now before applying the update.

Hopefully they are perfect now. :)

Edit: version 1.25.0, update can take up to 60 minutes. :-0

DannyBai likes this.
  4. 05stisilver
    QT2 no hiss

Slater likes this.
  5. clerkpalmer
    Cool. How’s the weight in those? Stable enough for gym use.

6. Slater
    Absolutely.

The majority of weight goes behind the ear (like some hearing aids). They’re extremely stable. I mountain bike with them, road cycle, hike, parcourse, disc golf, jump rope, etc.

If you wear glasses that have thick ‘Buddy Holly’ retro type frames, the BT20 might get uncomfortable after about 1.5-2 hours. But other than that, they’re great.

One thing to be aware of. Some people have reported an issue when they plug in the micro usb cable. It pushes the socket up inside the shell, which then prevents the control button from functioning. I have not had that issue though.

Also, note that there is no volume button, and the single control button can not be used to skip or rewind a track. It’s onky functions are power, pairing, play, pause, and phone call controls. I don’t know if it also activates Siri or Alexa, as I try and limit the amount of spying the NSA does in my life.

7. clerkpalmer
    Ok. Last question. Is the bass overwhelming?

8. Slater
    The BT20 comes with no IEM. You add your own IEM.

That’s why I proposed it earlier as the ‘best’ option to the person that asked a few pages back. You want flat and neutral? No problem. Basshead? Absolutely. Balanced and fun? Yup. Treblehead? Gotcha covered. Single dynamics, multi-dynamics, hybrids, multi-BA. All of those are possible, and anything in between.

Between the gobs of 0.78mm and 0.75mm 2-pin, plus mmcx IEMs available, there’s literally thousands of earphones that are theoretically compatible. Some fit better than others, due to the preformed ear guide. But as I previously mentioned, it can be reshaped with low heat from a hair dryer or heat gun.

9. clerkpalmer
    Sorry. Was referring to the qt2 iem referred to above. I have the bt20 already.

10. hifi80sman
    Sorry, not sure. I'm not a big user of voice assistants.

11. howdy
    Not really true wireless but wireless. Just got this cable in for my 2nd favorite IEMs. Not sure on the sound yet. Ive had the iSine20 for a few years now and am very familiar with the sound and this is ok but not quite the same level.
    15542453581002360092539123972973.jpg

12. zerolight
    @howdy Interesing. I'm torn between my original intent of a commuter wireless earbuds, likely the MTW, or a hotel room earbud in the isine 10 with cypher. How are you enjoying the isine? Any thoughts on the v2 cable?

13. howdy
    I have both V1 and V2 Cables and they are really noticeable in sound over the Cipher BT cable. I personally think you'd be happier with the MTW. Plus just walking around my house today the cable fell out twice from the connection port which is unacceptable and I will be contacting Audeze.

14. QuadraKev
    Measurements for the Galaxy Buds makes them seem like they like a solid sound signature, but they're relatively light on bass. People who have tried them: Would you say they're a solid option?

15. DannyBai
    I received the qs1 today. Haven’t tested the signal outside but so far indoors, no issues walking around the house. They paired right away and connect when I take them out of the case. The sound is surprisingly good. The clicks to change the music function work more accurately then the touch on the mtw.

d3myz likes this.
First

Back
387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396
398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407
Next

Last