1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?

First

Back
382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391
393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402
Next

Last
  1. mikp
    Same here..just waiting for the 5100 with apt-x and anc. The anc has +6db for ambient mode, who knows how well that works on some of the tws. Just has to be careful since its up to the manufacturer what they implement with the chip. Maybe too much to ask for multipoint.

So far the 65t and mavins work fine,+some cheap chinese ones. Used to have single bt earbuds tucked away in my jackets, easier with some cheap tws that functions as mono.

d3myz likes this.
  2. Bartig
    The T1C holds the charge quit a while, I found. Whereas other buds just deplete in the charger.

3. Bob24
    Just received the MTW today - from batch Amazon received in stock a bit over a week ago. They come with firmware 1.23 and the iOS app doesn’t offer any firmware update.

Is that normal? :-S

4. clerkpalmer
    Apparently. Mine won’t update past 1.23 either. Others seem to be reporting 1.25 on iOS.

5. dweaver
    I set up my iPad and they updated from that. Could not update them from my S9.

6. assassin10000
    Maybe everyone should stop by an apple store and borrow their ipad to update? :astonished:

Anyways IIRC isn't the update only available thru apple and hasn't made it to the android app?

The leather punches I ordered showed up today. They work great to mod the earbud foams I'm using on the Sabbat X12 Pro. Used the 4mm size.

20190329_152134.jpg

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  7. LajostheHun
    Rtings.com have a review on them, their objective measurements including the microphone in noisy environment is less then stellar to put it mildly. Like I said their alleged superior performance has been matched by competitors for far less.

8. nc8000 Contributor
    I didn’t use my Earin M2 for about 4 weeks and the case still held about 2/3 charge and the buds were fully charged at the end of those 4 weeks

9. Bob24
    And you're on iOS right? Strange that some are seeing the update and others not while on the same platform.

Was your pair purchased recently? (I am wondering if there could be different revisions of the hardware)

10. chinmie
  11. Bob24
    Tried the app on my iPad ... no update either :-/

Must be something else.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  12. webvan
  13. Bartig
  14. RobinFood
    Well, I tried the earpod covers I found at the dollar store on the Sabbat X12 Pro, and I guess I'm out a dollar now.
    The good is that it could close the case with the covers on. It increased the seal and the bass response well, but the fit was less good. It didn't go into the ear as much, and some details were lost. I could actually press the top of the ear tip down and got an insane bass response. It was very close to the WI-SP600N levels of sub bass, but it killed the mids and made everything muddy. Not much detail anymore. Without pressing I think the bass might be still similar, but details and fit is much better. It just fits deeper and better in the ear...

KIMG1699.JPG

I then tried to put the rubber things that came with the Sabbat together with the earpod covers, hoping the ear hooks might hold it in for nice extra bass, but it worked less well than just the covers by themselves.

KIMG1701.JPG

In conclusion, they sound best with nothing on them. Muted highs and details, a little weak separation, but, decent bass. Not much that can be improved on them though, they are just so comfy (the most comfy I own in all my gear...) and still have a satisfying bass and clear mids. I think they did everything they could to tune them with the hardware they had. I must have used them about 30 hours in the last week and fell asleep with them on 2 or 3 times.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  15. mikp
    Not a word about who is behind it. I predict angry comments in December after delays. Have saved plenty TWS crowdfunds campaigns, fun reading the comments .

Slater likes this.
First

Back
382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391
393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402
Next

Last