1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?

First

Back
381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390
392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401
Next

Last
  1. Dcell7
    I also have the QCY T1C. Go for QCY if you want a more balanced sound. Go for the Tiso if you want a tad more bass and fun. The Tiso comes with 2 kinds of silicon tips. No foamies. It wasn’t really hard to get a seal. It is just that it is not very obvious how to put them your ears compared to the QCY. So i did it wrong the first few times.

I like the sound of Tiso better but the QCY is easier to use cos the buttons are bigger.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    blaeae likes this.
  2. Slater
    Ah gotcha. How do you know if the case is out of battery? Is there a low battery light? Or is this crazy behavior the telltale sign?

Bartig likes this.
  3. d3myz
    Thanks for the link, I just picked a pair of these up with the larger charging case. 19.99 is a great price.

4. Slater
    I’m hoping these covers will be useful for a few EarPods style earphones I have (not TW, but wired).

In theory, they should help improve fit/stability, and also provide an ‘iem like’ seal resulting in better sound.

B10CB180-0E53-4074-BBCC-11FD11AECEB1.jpeg 8EB9C0E3-6243-46AE-BC88-44D4BE242598.jpeg

hifi80sman and d3myz like this.
  5. KarimLeVallois
    Interesting! Let us know how you get on.

Slater likes this.
  6. chinmie
    unfortunately no low battery indicator on the case. with most of my TWS, they exhibit the same behavior that is the earpiece would turn on and connect to my device as soon as the case ran out of power

Slater likes this.
  7. hifi80sman
    This is prevalent with many of the Chi-Fi TWEs. After the MTW update, it has not connected to my phone when the case runs out of juice, but the case on the MTW still runs out of power, albeit slower than it did before. There is still also power drain from the eabuds, but again, slower than before. After a few days, you may want to plug in.

Slater likes this.
  8. Spamateur
    He was specifically referring to the functionality on the of the AirPods. I'm not an Apple user, but my wife is and has the AirPods. I have to say they are so rock solid reliable, the mic background noise cancelling is amazing (she called me while driving and I couldn't even tell), and the gestures and connection are stellar (which is no surprise considering the connectivity hardware is proprietary). They're certainly subpar in sound quality, isolation, etc. but it's hard to argue that it isn't a solid product when it comes to "it just works," especially since the price is significantly lower than any of the big boys on the market.

Tommy C, hifi80sman and nc8000 like this.
  9. chinmie
    yup, the earin and wf-1000x also discharge slowly when not in use. i forgot about the jabra, but i think even if it discharges it went much slower

hifi80sman likes this.
  10. hifi80sman
    100% agree. They do not excel in SQ or isolation, but most people that have them don't want or care about that anyway. For everything else, they set a very high bar. For the record, I still am not a fan of them, but respect their prowess in many key areas.

Tommy C, Bob24 and d3myz like this.
  11. hifi80sman
    Now you're going to make me buy AirPods just out of curiosity to see if I can "mod" them to be better! Goshdarnit!

12. Bob24
    Better isolation yes, but better sound is a matter of taste. Earphones drivers which are tuned for an open design might have overpowering bass and not sound very open if you use with in ear ear tips.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  13. Slater
    Well, be aware that you have to remove them every time you want to charge them.

Plus they might be totally crap. So if you want to wait until mine come, I can at least tell you if they’re good or bad on wired versions like the EarPods and MEMT T5.

hifi80sman likes this.
  14. Slater
    Agreed.

I’ll figure that out when they come. I have ways to retune them using vents to get the original open sound back. But I won’t know anything until they arrive.

Bob24 likes this.
  15. hifi80sman
    I'm definitely going to wait. Looking forward to the feedback.

Slater likes this.
First

Back
381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390
392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401
Next

Last