1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?

First

Back
318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327
329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338
Next

Last
  1. chinmie
    has anyone compared the MW07 with the old Sony WF1000X? how do they compare in sound?

2. clerkpalmer
    I don’t think that would even be a fair fight. I had the sp700n not the 1000x but I believe they are similar. There is no comparison. They aren’t in the same league.

3. chinmie
    the thing is sp700n and the 1000x are different. i wouldn't buy the Sp700n even if heavily discounted because the sound is just not tuned good enough for me (too much bass) while the 1000x, as much that i hated the battery life and the useless Anc, i the tuning alot that i even searching for a wired counterpart of it. it's better tuned even compared to the EH1000XM3 which have too much midbass bleed.

i don't think the SQ on the 700 and 1000 are comparable

god-bluff likes this.
  4. clerkpalmer
    Fair enough. In that case, I can’t comment based on personal experience.

5. SomeGuyDude
    In fairness, the sp700n is intended for gym use, where extra bass is pretty necessary since odds are it's a noisy environment and you'll be moving around a whole lot. It's not really meant to be a "sit and listen" headphone.

6. chinmie
    yup. that's why it's hard for me to let go of the 65t, because even if it lacks some "polish" that the others have (heck, even the mifo is more polished), the situation turn around in street application. the 65t becomes the best sounding to use for motorcycle riding for me

7. Slater
    LTNG?

8. webvan
    Thanks for the tip, I sacrificed the original S tip and indeed their core can be forced into the "Ali specials". It also works with the "Round Ali Specials" (Comply Ts equivalents) but there's a bit less isolation. Overall I still prefer the "foamified" original tips though as they're quicker to put in place than foam tips and retain a brighter sound.

9. Edward Ng
    The version of the Triple Driver IEM with the Lightning connector instead of standard 3.5mm headphone plug.

-Ed

10. Edward Ng
    My MandarinES Symbio N tips finally came in and I’ve decided that these are probably going to give me enough isolation with the MTWs to be happy. I’ll know for sure on Monday when I get back on the train to work. They also seem to be helping with the sibilance (in both cases comparing against the SpinFit tips). I am finding that with the Symbio tips, I use the large size and just pop them into my ears without really jamming them in, whereas with the SpinFits I have to use the medium size and then turn while pushing them in to get deeper insertion. That means the Symbio are also easier to get a more consistent seal with. The only drawback may be that it’s making a boomy set of IEMs even boomier—more testing to come.

-Ed

11. howdy
    How long from the time you ordered the Symbio tell you receive them? I ordered mine around 3 weeks ago and still no sign of them. Can't wait to try them on my MW07.

12. Edward Ng
    Ordered on 1/29, arrived on 2/8. I’m in New Jersey and the package came from Hungary (much to my surprise).

-Ed

howdy likes this.
  13. Bartig
    B1F1CF76-B186-473A-B28D-CC31B89E0A99.jpeg

More fans of the brilliant 25 dollar option QCY QS1 here?

14. Slater
    Does anyone own or know anything about the TREBLAB X5?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C4WCPG6

It has a long shell (similar to older Bluetooth cell phone headsets). This allows for a larger battery and also microphone placement closer to the mouth, which should translate into excellent phone call performance.

As far as sound, it uses beryllium drivers, which should in theory provide good sonic performance (assuming they didn’t s few the tuning up).

It sells for about $60 on Amazon and $70 on Newegg, but Newegg is going to be putting it on flash sale next week.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide :)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  15. wind016
    Thanks for the response! I just love the feel of The Fragrant Zither headphones. My Kings feel like they cost way more than $70. I know the X1 is a rebrand, but shoot I'd give it a try even if it's just for the looks. Digging the blue metal. I know the Chinese have been killing it in wired IEMs lately. Seems like they are killing it in truly wireless tech too. What's going on???

First

Back
318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327
329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338
Next

Last