Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 18, 2022 at 3:45 AM Post #47,266 of 50,803

productred

1000+ Head-Fier
First time seeing someone who owns the Fender Tour TWS. Are they any good?
I often see them on sale locally.

No good at all, it has nothing to do with Fender really, just a licensed product like Marshall etc. Looks good wears comfy but sound pretty horrible, all big fat bass and not much else.

Aug 18, 2022 at 6:09 AM Post #47,268 of 50,803

EvilMegaDroid

New Head-Fier
Strong vocal songs, jpop especially, definitely stay away from the fokus pro. Kpop can work on those but not vocal oriented music.

Look at my sig, I have the fokus pro but very, very much prefer my Victor woodies and my Final X EVA over the fokus pro for any vocal oriented or mid focus music. I do listen to jpop about 80-90% of my music time.
I thought the fokus pro would have been good since it had mid-focus. I also listen to English ones from time to time for example Eva max or sia. I linked some examples below.
Would the Victor HA-FX1000t or Final Audio X Evangelion EVATW01 be better in this case? Also where did you get the Victor HA-FX1000t since i can find them only on japan and would be tricky to ship them out.

When I asked a few months ago in forum.hifiguides.com a few user suggested I should go for moondrop variations or Tanchjim Oxygen but these are not tws :D

And most Hiroyuki Sawano songs (My favorite composer)

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #47,269 of 50,803

Devodonaldson

Headphoneus Supremus
Wow! How can you sleep with the XM4? I have tried soooo many TWS for sleeping .. even the tiniest ones (comfobuds Z) have that problem that when I lay on them, they plug up the ear canal and I don't get any sound ...

After trying so many things, I ended up getting one of those MusiCozy sleep headbands (from warehouse at 11$) and those are fantastic (for the kind of music I am listening to at night, meditation / ambient bling bling stuff)
Ah...it's easy for me. I sleep like I'm in a coffin. I'm on my back hands on my lap or by my side. Makes wearing gear while sleeping super easy 😁

Aug 18, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #47,270 of 50,803

dmphile

500+ Head-Fier
Hey - I'm curious to see if the TWS pros know anything about the possibility of these BT adapters working on DAPs? Will they work? I ask because the N3Pro's BT is completely useless, but it's one of the features I value since I use TWS for my daily commute. Would the USB C port recognize it and possibly offer some improved BT connectivity?

1660773097502.png

https://ca.creative.com/p/accessories/creative-bt-w4

Aug 18, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #47,271 of 50,803

Tommy C

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey - I'm curious to see if the TWS pros know anything about the possibility of these BT adapters working on DAPs? Will they work? I ask because the N3Pro's BT is completely useless, but it's one of the features I value since I use TWS for my daily commute. Would the USB C port recognize it and possibly offer some improved BT connectivity?

1660773097502.png

Unfortunately I think the best answer is “possibly”.
The Jabra dongle set worked great for me but some other dongles, it’s kind of iffy with other TWS.
You want to make sure they have good return policy when placing the order 😎

Aug 18, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #47,273 of 50,803

smuh

500+ Head-Fier

1660773097502.png

I am using the BT-W3 on my Samsung S21 and it works. Should receive a dongle that supports APTX adaptive tomorrow and will give it a shot with some of my non LDAC cans and tws...

Aug 18, 2022 at 7:52 PM Post #47,274 of 50,803

dmphile

500+ Head-Fier
I am using the BT-W3 on my Samsung S21 and it works. Should receive a dongle that supports APTX adaptive tomorrow and will give it a shot with some of my non LDAC cans and tws...

The BT W4 just arrived and it works on my N3Pro! Strangely, I can't use my play/pause and skip/previous track controls on my TWS or UTWS5 when it's connected. But I can still control ambient mode and volume oddly...

Aug 18, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #47,275 of 50,803

productred

1000+ Head-Fier
I thought the fokus pro would have been good since it had mid-focus. I also listen to English ones from time to time for example Eva max or sia. I linked some examples below.
Would the Victor HA-FX1000t or Final Audio X Evangelion EVATW01 be better in this case? Also where did you get the Victor HA-FX1000t since i can find them only on japan and would be tricky to ship them out.

When I asked a few months ago in forum.hifiguides.com a few user suggested I should go for moondrop variations or Tanchjim Oxygen but these are not tws :D

And most Hiroyuki Sawano songs (My favorite composer)

The Victor and EVA plays some of these way better than the fokus pro. I listen to lots of Sawano as well. For the kpop there, I think the EVA and the fokus suits more than the Victor due to their bigger and deeper bass rumble but Victor tends to highlight the vocals more, if that's what you are after.

Gotta say I never consider fokus pro to be mid-focus - quite the opposite the mids are too scooped out for my liking, to the effect that much of the vocal or instrument timber cannot be accurately presented. On the other hand, the Victors is decidedly mid-focus while the final/EVA is somehow the most balanced of the bunch. I had sung praises on my Victor woodies before but here I wanna give some credit also to the final/EVA, they are surprisingly good not just for a anime fans oriented product but also in general as a TWS released 2 years ago. Still one of the best sounding TWS up to today in my books.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2022 at 11:42 PM Post #47,276 of 50,803

erockg

Headphoneus Supremus
The Victor and EVA plays some of these way better than the fokus pro. I listen to lots of Sawano as well. For the kpop there, I think the EVA and the fokus suits more than the Victor due to their bigger and deeper bass rumble but Victor tends to highlight the vocals more, if that's what you are after.

Gotta say I never consider fokus pro to be mid-focus - quite the opposite the mids are too scooped out for my liking, to the effect that much of the vocal or instrument timber cannot be accurately presented. On the other hand, the Victors is decidedly mid-focus while the final/EVA is somehow the most balanced of the bunch.
How is the app and the fit for the Victor? I've heard bad things way back in this chain. Thoughts? I'm a huge fan of the Fokus (as are a bunch of other folks on this chain) and I listen to many different genres, not K-Pop though. Never had an issue, nor have I been disappointed thus far. I EQ them accordingly, which isn't much.

Aug 19, 2022 at 5:58 AM Post #47,277 of 50,803

tiagopinto

100+ Head-Fier

Looking at the astronomical rates you got, I went in just for kicks. They look like a piece of jewelry... and they are marketed as that. Too much bling bling for my taste. And the sound just can’t be up to par. Talk about diminishing returns. Anyway, I configured a pair for 3800$.

Ridiculous, haha. I’d upgrade my TWS (240€ for the Free Byrd), my DAC (600€ for the Mojo2 or Gryphon), my IEMs (400€ for the Vulkans + 700$ for the Advar), get a BT adapter (200$ for a Shure TW2)... going crazy here but I’d still save 1800$ (Monarch Mk2 for 1.000$?) No way the Klipsch t10 bespoke would match this. They are bespoke though.

It’s like: do you want a Bugatti Divo for 6 million or a Porsche 911 GT2 + a Land Rover Defender X + a Triumph Bonneville Bobber Black... and keep 5 million? Not a fair comparison, I know (for Bugatti, haha). But to each his own. I prefer augmenting returns.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #47,279 of 50,803

Caipirina

Headphoneus Supremus
Semi-related question, since I know a lot of people here use Amazon and then return ...

Has anyone here had the fun occurrence that Amazon pre-refunds you the money, you can see from the tracking number that they have received it, you think all is well, then 2 weeks in they say they wait for the merch or else (we take the money back) ... after some chats with customer service it turns out, or so they claim, that they received an EMPTY BOX! .. now, this makes me think twice now about 'ordering for likely return' and maybe that's exactly the message amazon is trying to send ... I googled around and there are ppl who lost quite some money on that and how do you prove that you did not send an empty box?

Aug 19, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #47,280 of 50,803

xSDMx

100+ Head-Fier
Semi-related question, since I know a lot of people here use Amazon and then return ...

Has anyone here had the fun occurrence that Amazon pre-refunds you the money, you can see from the tracking number that they have received it, you think all is well, then 2 weeks in they say they wait for the merch or else (we take the money back) ... after some chats with customer service it turns out, or so they claim, that they received an EMPTY BOX! .. now, this makes me think twice now about 'ordering for likely return' and maybe that's exactly the message amazon is trying to send ... I googled around and there are ppl who lost quite some money on that and how do you prove that you did not send an empty box?
This is my nightmare. Was the item sold and shipped by Amazon.com, shipped by Amazon but sold by <insert company> (this is FBA), or entirely sold and shipped by a third party through Amazon? I think the first two cases they don't do much return inspection besides special "red tag" high value or high return items. But for the third case, you're shipping back to the third party seller and not an Amazon warehouse, so they can do whatever they want.

Users who are viewing this thread