Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 11, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #45,257 of 50,655

BigZ12

500+ Head-Fier
Update MTW3.

Still experiencing the clipping of sound while chewing/moving mouth. (no pops or similar like the Devialet, but clipping)

Walked outside earlier today, chewing gum. The left bud was almost unusable. Clips in audio at least a couple of times every minute. Annoying!!! :frowning2:

Tried A LOT of tips, only the large Comply Foam TW-200-C limit the problem a little. But SQ with the Comply is way worse than with all silicon and included tips.

Anyone else hearing this? Could it be something faulty?
Left bud/ear is far worse than right, and problem only with ANC on.

May 11, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #45,258 of 50,655

samandhi

Headphoneus Supremus
What makes you think that I don't have experience with classic earbuds? Actually, I've been in and out of these ever since the first Yuin PK series. And my latest acquisition has been at the recommendation of one well-known Mr. ClieOS, who wrote the following about it:

Also, I think I know a bit about the intricacies of measuring such type of earbuds: :wink:

That said, I don't concur with drawing an (imo artificial) line between classic flathead and side-firing earbuds. While there's a justified distinction in terms of acoustics between full-sealing IEMs and open (non-sealing) earbuds, I don't see where that kind of distinction might be between the classic flathead and side-firing types? In my understanding, both types rely on the proximity effect for bass. Which means, the closer they're placed towards your ear canal (but still without seal), the bassier they'll sound - as demonstrated in my measurements of Rose Maria II.

Anyway, don't want to derail this thread any further, I'll just say that I have side-firing TWS earbuds that match if not exceed RM II in soundstage size and openness. Of course, perception of soundstage is subjective and may vary between different listeners, so that's just my personal 2c on that topic.
I WAS trying to be helpful, to which you apparently took offense. So, I guess since you know way more than me, I will shut-up! Have a great day!
The closed Linkbuds option some here might have waited for … spotted over on AliExpress… terrible shipping time though. Arrival July 10th… yikes.
Could be interesting, or disastrous.

8B495A42-C946-4D3C-B35D-A1745D3C86E5.jpeg
LOL maybe they should title them as PNC add-ons (passive noise cancellation). Then they could charge more with a proper-sounding title... :)

Of course just go to the Home depot or hardware store or Amazon and get your Linkbud plugs much faster. I might go wood with some nice purple heart color stain....
1652295397453.png
If there was ever a DIY mod this is as good as any. All you need is to measure the opening right to get the right fit :)
Oh those are great! :) But maybe it would be even easier to just jab a pencil in that hole (though it might be pretty dangerous if moving.... AT ALL)... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

May 11, 2022 at 4:45 PM Post #45,259 of 50,655

Tenlow

100+ Head-Fier
Update MTW3.

Still experiencing the clipping of sound while chewing/moving mouth. (no pops or similar like the Devialet, but clipping)

Walked outside earlier today, chewing gum. The left bud was almost unusable. Clips in audio at least a couple of times every minute. Annoying!!! :frowning2:

Tried A LOT of tips, only the large Comply Foam TW-200-C limit the problem a little. But SQ with the Comply is way worse than with all silicon and included tips.

Haven't seen anybody besides you, yet. Not even on reddit where more and more people have the MTW3 as well. I cannot reproduce it no matter what I chew :D It might be faulty, yes.

Send or bring them back if you can and try another pair. Only then you can be really sure.

May 11, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #45,261 of 50,655

jant71

Headphoneus Supremus
I had to be cute with the wood. Buuut, you can indeed find some silicone or rubber stoppers to work with the Linkbuds for sure esp. in some place with a good plumbing section. :)

May 11, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #45,262 of 50,655

BigZ12

500+ Head-Fier
Haven't seen anybody besides you, yet. Not even on reddit where more and more people have the MTW3 as well. I cannot reproduce it no matter what I chew :D It might be faulty, yes.

Send or bring them back if you can and try another pair. Only then you can be really sure.
If, while they sit in the ear with music on, you wiggle them a little? Do you get any disturbance? Clipping?

May 11, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #45,263 of 50,655

jant71

Headphoneus Supremus
Update MTW3.

Did you activate the wind noise reduction and see what happens?

May 11, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #45,264 of 50,655
The z1r need some power to make them shine. Paired with the Ifi idsd signature, they sounded flipping brilliant.

Thanks for mentioning that setup. We got some feedback that z1rs go rather nicely with iDSD Sig and xDSD Gryphon, so there's probably something there. Thanks!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ info@ifi-audio.com
May 11, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #45,265 of 50,655

Tenlow

100+ Head-Fier
If, while they sit in the ear with music on, you wiggle them a little? Do you get any disturbance? Clipping?
None of that, no.

May 11, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #45,266 of 50,655

helmutcheese

500+ Head-Fier
ELJEFEREVIEWS
OP·2 hr. ago

Google Pixel Buds Pro
- $199 (Pre-Order 7/21)
- 4 Colors
- 11hr Playback
- ANC + Ambient Modes
- Multipoint Connectivity
- Google Assistant
- Spatial Audio (Coming Soon)
- Find My Device Support

wm26iv0p8wy81.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/Earbuds/comments/unh2xy/google_pixel_buds_pro_announced/

May 11, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #45,267 of 50,655

Trager

500+ Head-Fier
Update MTW3.

Yeap. I’m having a similar problem, except in the right ear. Sitting extremely still in my quiet office, the right ear keeps popping. Also, I’m getting a lot of white noise background on that side.

May 11, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #45,270 of 50,655

JoshG1217

1000+ Head-Fier
So sedna light mediums worked for me on the fokus. Spiral dots sounded like poop. Medium Azla crystal worked as well, but the light sounds closer to the original sednas, which is to say they sound a little better.

Also got the evo today. Probably not fair to compare to xm4 and focus, but they definitely aren't as good as either. I had to update them to use ldac. App works pretty well. Stock tips are trash. For 150, I'd probably go ze3000 over evo, those obviously are not feature rich.

Users who are viewing this thread