Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 24, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #44,596 of 46,460

potix

Head-Fier
What might that be?

But I was wondering the other day myself, is there a 1more rumors scene? I'd love to hear about an updated version of the comfobuds Z with more battery life ... or if they can even cram ANC in that tiny body ... I have gotten to use them now every night after some initial issues (and they still have charging issues, I need to 'watch' them while charging with open case, to make sure they are 100% .. if I close case one side will disconnect, but discharge battery)
It is supposed to be their flagship hi-fi product in tws area. I'm not a fan of 1more sound signature but I'm curious.
https://usa.1more.com/products/1more-evo-true-wireless-active-noise-canceling-headphones

Apr 24, 2022 at 12:39 PM Post #44,599 of 46,460

Ralphee

New Head-Fier
Aren't there other MW08S owners in here, with newly updated buds, who can support or disprove my findings?
Same here. MW08 with standard ear tips. I’ve updated to 5.3.9 last night, and I feel they are tuned a bit “hotter” now.

I liked their full warm bass, especially in ANC “max” setting, but didn’t like it becoming occasionally bloated. And I could do with a little less laid-back trebles.

I’m pleased to report that M&D corrected exactly these points. They didn’t diminish the bass punch in ANC “max” setting. I’d say bass tuning is very similar to before, but I feel it’s a little less “warm”. The bass doesn’t reach lower than before in absolute frequency, but it seems the weight has moved a tad more towards the lower end, separating it better from the mids.

Trebles have become a little crisper and ever so slightly grainy, which - for me - makes it much more entertaining to listen to.

Overall, no massive changes, though. But in my book the MW08 were already very good before… :)

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #44,600 of 46,460

BigZ12

500+ Head-Fier
Same here. MW08 with standard ear tips. I’ve updated to 5.3.9 last night, and I feel they are tuned a bit “hotter” now.

I liked their full warm bass, especially in ANC “max” setting, but didn’t like it becoming occasionally bloated. And I could do with a little less laid-back trebles.

I’m pleased to report that M&D corrected exactly these points. They didn’t diminish the bass punch in ANC “max” setting. I’d say bass tuning is very similar to before, but I feel it’s a little less “warm”. The bass doesn’t reach lower in absolute frequency than before, but it seems the weight has moved a tad more towards the lower end, separating it better from the mids.

Trebles have become a little crisper and ever so slightly grainy, which - for me - makes it much more entertaining to listen to.

Overall, no massive changes, though. But in my book the MW08 were already very good before… :)
What do you think of the mics with the latest update?

(Nice to see my ears actually heard the same differences as yours :) )

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #44,601 of 46,460

jant71

Headphoneus Supremus
Guess these might be coming pretty soon....
1650828102062.png

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-...g-resemblance-to-the-WF-1000XM4.615061.0.html

New Sony ANC below the XM4 but smallest and best ergonomics/shape yet.

Apr 25, 2022 at 12:20 AM Post #44,602 of 46,460

productred

500+ Head-Fier
After more than a year since I first tried it out I finally managed to get hold of a pair of the very elusive AKG N400.............and right out of the box PURELY ON SOUND it had already usurped the Fokus Pro to become my 2nd best sound pair. New toy syndrome? hmmmm maybe but it is still consistent with my memories of what I heard a year back.

It fits perfectly, albeit on the chunky side. ANC and talkthru thing not the best out there but works ok, there is some very slight ANC hiss comparing to the newer offerings which has a pitch black background. Call quality average to above average. Control is superb with the latest firmware, performing much better than before on that front. Swipe control is way more responsive now, but still not totally reliable or predictable, maybe it takes more practice. App is nicely implemented. At the US store price it is an absolute steal, total no brainer. Even at the MSRP it is *arguably* well worth it if sound quality is the prime factor in your buying choice.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #44,603 of 46,460

mikp

500+ Head-Fier
They sound ok to me, but battery and ANC are poor on the 1More's I have owned including the new PistonBud Pro's.

I can see by the box/screens etc they have LDAC, not sure on aptX but the total battery with case is 28 hours.

some youtuber says it doesnt have aptx. Also it reverts to aac everytime you take it out of the case.

Apr 25, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #44,606 of 46,460

helmutcheese

500+ Head-Fier
Apr 25, 2022 at 8:43 PM Post #44,608 of 46,460

C_Lindbergh

1000+ Head-Fier
Apr 25, 2022 at 8:50 PM Post #44,609 of 46,460

clerkpalmer

Headphoneus Supremus
Meh, B&O with their crazy prices... Sennheiser on the other hand is going the other way.

It's kinda crazy that the brand new MTW3 will be around 40% cheaper compared to B&Os new offering.
Fair enough. The Senns look like a repackaging of an old product. Not really bringing anything new to the table. Looks pretty mediocre. I’m sure they’ll be solid. A lower price recognizes the insane amount of competition in this category.

The B&O looks more interesting to me - at least they are trying to deliver a premium product with a new form factor although you can certainly argue it’s a rip off of apple.

The EQs were terrific - looking forward to trying the EX. That said if they are not outstanding I will return them.

Apr 25, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #44,610 of 46,460

C_Lindbergh

1000+ Head-Fier

Fair enough. The Senns look like a repackaging of an old product. Not really bringing anything new to the table. Looks pretty mediocre. I’m sure they’ll be solid. A lower price recognizes the insane amount of competition in this category.

The B&O looks more interesting to me - at least they are trying to deliver a premium product with a new form factor although you can certainly argue it’s a rip off of apple.

The EQs were terrific - looking forward to trying the EX. That said if they are not outstanding I will return them.

Yeah, you're right in a way.

But at the same time, a TWS product is pretty much a desposible product, at least if you're a power user. Thus these types of products are very price sensitive.

Im sure the EXs will find their niche consumers, but if B&O ever want to move lots of products they gotta lower the price.

Unless the margins is very large for their TWS range ofc, then they'll do fine with their small core audience.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread